Sacred Slave

Two - Finding Master

I look around at the people in the room as Hidan brings me inside, on the walk here I learned the other one’s name to be Kakuzu. He was the bounty hunter for the group of s-class ninja known as Akatsuki. Hidan was the immortal zombie so he was used for the missions that could get the lesser members killed. A man with a swirly orange mask was watching us and trailed behind us into the office of who I assume is their leader. Something about the masked man felt familiar and made me feel warm inside, but that was impossible because only my master could make me feel that way and this wasn’t him. They were much too somber and quiet for this to be him as I’ve been with my master since he was a teenager.

“Well then, what do we have here?” A man asks as he steps from the shadows.

Hidan drops me onto the floor and I stand up to look at the man, “we found the demon of the sands,” Hidan said. He was watching me from the corner of his eye as I put my hands in front of my body and look down at the floor.

“Why do you not fight back? You’ve been taken a hostage and will more than likely be our prisoner, yet you do nothing?” Their leader asked as he turned to me.

I keep my head down since he didn’t tell me to look at him, “within the last few years of my life, my powers became unstable and I started becoming a true demon. Despite worshipping Jashin I have no desire to go on a killing spree I’ve done that enough during the first ninja war, but I was losing control. Being a slave, keeping my mind busy with orders or chores, that is how I stay as a human. My master taught me this but as you can see, I’ve been abandoned and I’m homeless.” I said.

The leader nods and walks over to me, he lifts my head to look at him and I divert my eyes, so I was looking at the wall behind him. The man in the swirly mask was tense and his hands balled into fists at his sides.

“Tobi, I want you to be assigned the fox. For now, he will join our ranks since I know he can fight, but if he starts losing control then I demand that you kill him.” The leader said as he looks at the one known as Tobi.

Tobi nods, “leader-sama gave Tobi a job!” Tobi yells happily.

I look over at the boy/man in confusion, his entire demeanor changed, almost like he was wearing not just the mask on his face but a mask on his entirety. Tobi grabbed my arm and playfully yanked me out of the room and into what I assumed to be his room.

I didn’t have a moment to speak before I was slammed up against the door and the mask was ripped from his face revealing himself to me.

I gasp quietly and shakily reach my hand out to stroke his cheek in disbelief. Obito places my hand on his face and I didn’t know what to say as I look at him.

“I never abandoned you Kota, I looked everywhere after you were taken from me ten years ago.” He said as he looks at me.

“Wh-What? Ten years? Is that how long I’ve been gone for?” I ask in disbelief.

He nods, “yes, you were kidnapped from me when we were traveling. It was a little while before I formed the Akatsuki that I heard a sealed tomb for a demon had been found. I traveled there and confirmed it to be yours, but I couldn’t find you. I had to assume you were dead.” He said as he looks at me.

I lean forward and kiss him gently. He was quick to kiss back as he kept me pinned against the bedroom door and I wrapped my arms around him. My ears and tail popped into existence as I look at him when our kiss broke.

“I missed you so much,” I whisper as I look at him.