Sacred Slave

Three - Reviving Akastuki

My tail swirls behind me as I stand next to Obito and watch the other members with interest. I had used a special jutsu before joining the others that hid my tail and ears from their view, although Pein, Hidan, Obito, and Kakuzu could still see them. Obito informed me that due to him not going on missions I would likely be paired with the zombie duo and go out with them. I didn’t like that I wouldn’t be working with my master but really that didn’t matter when I was given an order.

“And that is all, Hidan and Kakuzu you two will be joined with Kota. I want the three of you to retrieve the bodies of the fallen Akatsuki and revive them using Kota’s jutsu, do you understand?” Pein asks as he looks at them.

No one else would even notice it unless they knew the true hierarchy of this group, but Pein always gives a glance at my master when handing out orders. This is because my master is the true leader of Akatsuki and Pein answers to him. I bow when we are dismissed to leave, I lift up the side of my master’s mask and kiss his cheek before I run-up to the boys so we can head out.

“Tobi loves Kota kisses!” Tobi said enthusiastically from behind me.

I smile back at him before we leave the base and walk with Hidan and Kakuzu. They watch as I walk between them with my ears and tails hidden, “do you have questions for me?” I ask.

Hidan nods, “I do, why Tobi?” He asks.

“Tobi is my master, the one that I thought abandoned me, but it turns out he just thought I was dead until you two found me,” I said as I walk.

Hidan nodded and kept walking silently. Kakuzu looks at him then at me, something tells me Hidan is not the type to be silent and my response seemed to have silenced him. I didn’t understand what bothered him about what I had said. I look over at Kakuzu for questions, but he was silent as we walk.

I look around when we come to a battle of looks like puppets, “is this the first one?”

Kakuzu nods and I walk towards the first body that had two swords through their chest. I touch the body and can tell he’s been gone quite a while, this won’t be easy, but it should be doable. I prepare his body by pulling the swords from his body and laying him on the ground, I do the hand signs and place my hands on him to start the process of pulling his soul back to his body. When I was finished, I stood only to find myself swaying in my spot, I felt two arms wrap around me and a scent I recognized as Hidan’s to envelop me.

“Are you even going to be able to save the last one?” He asks.

I nod, “yeah,” I said; at a price I thought to myself as I rested against him.

They take me to where there were body parts scattered around the cave. I pick up one and use my chakra to locate the other larger pieces so I could revive him. The one known as Kakuzu used his wires to pull the parts from their hiding spots, so I didn’t have to walk. Hidan was watching me from the corner of his eyes as I stumble forward and used my chakra to start the process. This would be harder than Hidan because this one was dead. Hidan was not. I had to revive and fix his body back together again.

“He’s fin…” I feel myself passing out before I could finish what I was saying. I fell on my side as I close my eyes and give in to the feeling.