Status: On Hiatus

Ties That Bind

This is Home

~*~4 1/2 Months Earlier
Cecelia sat in the gown on the table waiting for the doctor. She had gained about twelve pounds since her last visit to the doctor. She knew that stress eating was going to catch up to her.

The doctor walked in looking over her charts. She was asked all the normal questions by the nurse. Including could she be pregnant? Her answer was no. Because she wasn't seeing anyone. Though she did stop taking her birth control after leaving Matt because she was going to focus on finding herself and getting her career off the ground.

“Well Miss Tremonti, your hGC levels are elevated.”

“Meaning?”she asked.

“When was the last time you were sexual active?”

“My ex and I slept together months ago but nothing since then.”

She nodded and scribbled on the chart,”We’ll have to give you an ultrasound to see how far along the fetus is.”

“Fetus?”Cecelia stared at her blankly.

“Congratulations Miss Tremonti, you’re going to have a baby!”she smiled widely.

Panic set in. Everything she had worked for or was working for began to crumble. So much for that being their last night together. Cecelia should have known but she had always been irregular unless she was on birth control.


~*~ Present Day ~*~

Mark had gotten her up pretty early a few days later. They were currently three houses into a tour of houses.

“Surely you like something,”he frowned.

“I do. I just really had my heart set on that house. And it's hard dodging people. And fans,”Cecelia's eyes widened. “He doesn't know. And it's hard to hide this large stomach.”

“We have one more. Atleast we know the Realtor. And he won't say anything.”

“Because you went to school with him. And signed shirts and shit for his kids,”she sighed. “You bought his silence.”

“He would have kept his mouth shut either way.”

She groaned,”We better hurry. My feet hurt. I'm hungry. And I need to pee again.”

He ushered her to the last house. She wasn't super excited about the color of green. But it was pretty. It was three bedroom and three bathrooms. Close to them. He talked her into checking out ones in Orlando. Atleast for today. She loved the white picket fence surrounding the property. They were shown in and she instantly fell in love. Okay not with the stairs so they'd need a few or many baby gates. The hard wood floors were amazing. And she knew that the house and the fire place would be beautiful during the holidays. Honestly she was sold from the swing of that gate.

He showed them the rooms. She would need to paint it because she didn't like the colors but that was fine. They concluded the tour in the kitchen.

“I will give you two a moment to talk about it,”Randy said. “And I'll be in the living room.”

He left them and Mark turned to her,”Well?”

“This is it,” she smiled. “I mean it'll be painted and I'll need some baby gates. But this is our home.”

He smiled.”I'll go talk to Randy. And you just walk around and imagine it.”

She nodded. He headed toward the living room and she took in the kitchen. This is where they would be having that dinner when everyone came to town. She imagined cooking Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners in here. Having the laughter fill the house with everyone here. She imagined Ariel's first birthday. And the little giggles she would have. This was home.

“Well they have had some offers on this house,”Mark frowned coming back.

Her stomach dropped,”Oh.”

He shrugged,”Guess it sucks to be those people.”

“W-what?”

“Well when a paid in full and a little bit above asking price offer comes in some people jump on that.”

She was a bit confused. And he chuckled at her expression.

“Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday all in one. It's yours.”

“M-mine?”

He nodded,”Yep. We have to head back to his office to fill out the paperwork. Start thinking of colors for paint. We can have a painter in here as soon as Thursday.”

“Mark, I can't. I don't have all over that nor more for the asking price.”

He shook his head,”I bought it for you. Let's go.”

She hurried after him,”But.”

“I'm looking at this as an investment in my peace of mind. You'll be close to our family. And more inland than you would have been on the coast.”

“I can pay you back.”

“No. Set aside some of the money for college or whatever she wants to do after high school. And use the rest to raise her with. It's not going to be easy nor cheap doing this on your own.”

She began to cry. He didn't have to. But he did. He wrapped his arm around her as they headed to the car. She could never repay him for this gift for herself and Ariel.
♠ ♠ ♠
He’s so sweet. And that does seem like a good investment for his peace as well as everyone else’s. The link for her house is down below lol

[url= https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/625-S-Mills-Ave-Orlando-FL-32801/46266368_zpid/]The House[/url]