Frozen Hearts

Nineteen - Lucas

I look around at the shocker faces of the gang members in the room. Of course, no one knew that I was awake yet, and some even hoped that I would never wake. I smirk to myself before I take a gun from my robe, a gift from one of the nurses, as a member of my father’s council tried to object to me being there but I shot them between the eyes to silence them. Both sides were now on alert. My father stood from his position next to Gabriel’s father and tries to walk over but I lazily point the gun at him too with a quick glance to warn him I will shoot.

I take a deep pained breath, “Alright, listen up, sorry to inform you this way but I did survive. Much to the disapproval of both sides really. Here’s how this meeting is going to go now: Gabriel and I are going to be married, this fighting between gangs is something that I’m so fucking sick of, so this unison will join the gangs together under the Yakuza rule. Anyone who objects will earn a bullet between the eyes like our friend there,” I said as I point to the dead body on the ground.

Another man stands up, “you’re insane, Lucas!” He yells.

I shrug, “yeah, I’m afraid so, but you know what? I love it,” I purr as I turn the gun on the one trying to object, “bang,” I say before shooting them dead.

“Look, my brother and I both know that there’s something you’re hiding from your heirs. Something that makes you afraid that the Triad now know it thanks to our eldest brother. While none of us could’ve seen his betrayal, the best we can do is prepare for it now that it has happened,” Salvador said as he walks from the shadows as he stands next to me and Lynx.

I look over at my father in particular, “also, I do believe there is something you must tell the council, you see, when I was unconscious in my hospital bed I could hear everything,” my father’s face paled as I watch him with a grin, “dear old dad came to see me when Lynx and Gabriel weren’t there one night early on in my coma, he confessed to what he thought was none, but I was listening. My father killed me or at least tried. He knew Drake was betraying the family and willingly supplied him information to give to the Triads on both the Snakes and the Spiders, he sabotaged both gangs for his own enjoyment,” I say as I laugh.

Salvador, Lynx, and several other members of the gangs look at me like I was insane. My father was trying to quietly exit before Salvador threw a knife and pinned him in place by his shoulder. He looks around the room at the stares of disbelief when they realize that I wasn’t nuts, that it was in fact true.

“Here’s my proposal, dump my dad, he doesn’t deserve to lead. Accept Gabriel and me as the rightful heirs of each of our respective gangs, we will be married in a year, the gangs will come together and we will work out how the hierarchy is going to work,” I said.

“No, I want to fight for the title, you’re weak so who’s to say I can’t just fight you and take over?” A younger member of the council, Michael, said as he looks down at me.

I sigh, I had expected this response from a couple of the members, “as you wish,” I say as I pull out the IV lines and stand from the wheelchair. My legs shook from the lack of use for a week, but I won’t back down from a fight. The younger member of the council didn’t look so sure as I look up at them daring them to join me in the center of the room. Now he couldn’t back down since that would make him be labeled a coward. He took a deep breath and walk down to the center of the room.
He was shaking as I grin, for someone that talks so big he sure didn’t back it up. It took me moments to swipe his legs from under him using mine and to pin him to the ground with a strength I didn’t even know I had. Before anyone could stop me, I buried a knife in his throat and slice it across nearly decapitating him. I grin as the arterial spray covers my body and I look up at the remaining member, specifically my dad who seems to realize I was much stronger than I may appear at times.

“No one and I do certainly mean no one will dare try to overthrow me again, or you will meet the same fate. Be family or foe,” I say as I look straight at Gabriel’s dad who cringed when he saw the blood all over me. I felt bad that Gabriel had to see the true extent of the monster that this gang made me, but if we were to marry then he had to see all of me even the not so pretty side.