Seven Vampires

One

Walking into the club my eyes instantly landed on the man in the red velvet lounge chair. He was the only one not mingling or drinking with the other patrons, instead, he was sitting there just watching the others. Just looking at him you could tell he was dangerous, the look in his eyes held a cocky, yet powerful, glint that made you uncomfortable looking into them. He was better than the people around him and he knew it, he relished in the feeling and didn’t have a care in the human world. I approach him and sit in the chair across from him. He raises one eyebrow as he wonders who I am.

I pull a necklace from my shirt to reveal a family crest, the crest of the most powerful family to walk the supernatural night, and I was the oldest of the seven vampire siblings. He sat up smirking when he saw the crest and looks into my eyes.

“What have I done to gain the honor of one of the sins visiting me?” He asks as he lights another cigarette; the one in the tray having burned out.

I chuckle, “so you know of us,” I say.

He nods, “how could I not? Seven vampire siblings marked each by one of the seven deadly sins. The oldest known vampires to exist,” He said, “and judging by your looks, I’d say you’re pride or wrath,” He adds.

“Wrath,” I said, “as for why I’m visiting, I don’t really know, I haven’t been out of my home in a long time and I got word of a new vampire lord having awakened and hanging around the humans,” I add.

He lays back as he puffs on his cigarette and smiles with that evil glint. He must’ve thought he had me with the fledgling guards by the door or the bodyguards in the backroom, but I did not get marked by wrath for anything.

“Isn’t it beautiful what the humans have become? They love us. Our species have become their fetish, their kinks, and each night I have humans trying to get into my pants or my fangs into their necks. They think this life is what they see in their movies or read in their books, but they’re so wrong,” He said as he crowd-watches the patrons.

I nod, “it’s interesting that we went from being feared by humans to being loved in just a short amount of time. I do not like it,” I say, “humans are meant to fear us, worship us, not love or fetishize us.”

A silky laugh comes from his lips as he looks at me from behind threads of raven black hair, “you only do not like it because you have not lived in it. You sins have been asleep for far too long, get out and enjoy the world around you again,” He said.

I stand from the chair and smirk. No one should ever tell me to enjoy humans because I just may take them up on that offer in a way that they didn’t intend. He seems to understand the implications of what he’d said as he stood with me and grabs my hand. I tilt my head as I look over my shoulder at him.

“Aren’t you the one that said to enjoy the world around me?” I ask.

“I did not mean to destroy it; I should’ve remembered who I was talking to when choosing my words. How about I go along with you and show you how this world works?” He asks.

I roll my eyes at him but nod in agreement, nonetheless. I’ve been asleep for almost three hundred years, waking only to feed every decade, but I never took the time to check on the advancement of humans. It wouldn’t hurt to get to know them inside and out. Of course, there would be quite a few dead humans on the way because of how they’re defiant and their mouths get them in trouble even in these times.

People move out of the way as we walk through the club, they seem to know what we are just by looking at us and this caught my interest. It was obvious some of the humans still held a deep-rooted fear even though the rest may welcome us. The vampire lord made his way to the dancefloor where he pulls me to him by my hips. I look up at him as my eyes flash a deep crimson in interest.

“Tell me, Wrath, have you ever just had fun that wasn’t dangerous?” He asks.

I laugh, “Is that a rhetorical question?”

I’m caught off guard as he places a kiss on my lips and moves my hips against his. I growl deep in my throat before I give in to the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck. The vampire lord is getting comfortable with me, I’ll have to show him why that isn’t a good idea. He takes me by the hips, and we grind together on the dance floor. I didn't lust so for me this didn’t come as natural and I would’ve liked.

“Are you having a good time?” I ask him as I move to his neck and lick up it.

He grips my hips tighter and I take that as a good sign that I have him distracted. Without him having time to answer I slice through his throat with my nails. He looks at me in shock before the blood starts flowing and he drops to his knees. The patrons around us scream and run for the exit while his bodyguards close in on me. I stomp my foot to the ground and hounds of hell rise to drag them down. I smirk as I lean down to his body and rub his cheek his dead cheek. No one ever tells me what to do.