Status: Just getting started

Nothing Left.

Family Business.

"Abigail, I need you to take this seriously, you have no idea what could happen at any moment," Paul explained to his fourteen year old daughter. Abby brushed a strand of blonde hair away from her face, "I am, but how can I always be on edge? All the time?" She questioned, she knew her father didn't have the patience to answer her every curiosity. Paul took a step towards his daughter, "Abby, I don't think you truly understand what is going on." He ran a hand over his face, "Ian understands all of this, I told him the truth before." Paul walked over to the picnic table near them, "Come here, sit." Abby walked over, hesitating before she sat next to her father.

Paul didn't know how to tell Abigail what had happened all those months ago. "Abby, I have to tell you something. I just need you to listen." The young girl nodded, waiting for her father to continue. "When your sister, Hannah, passed away. We told you it was an accident, that she got attacked while camping with her friends?" Abby nodded, "Yeah, it was a bear, right?" Paul sighed deeply, "Not exactly. You see, there's a lot that you don't know. Your mother and I have tried our hardest to keep you kids safe and as far away from the things that are in the world. We can't hide you anymore. It wasn't any kind of wild animal, it was a wendigo, a monster."


Paul had gone on to teach Abigal everything he knew about the monster that existed in their world. He taught her to torch a wendigo, decapitate a vampire, that a silver bullet would kill a werewolf, and so much more. That was over ten years ago, but those words rang through Abby's ear more often than she would like to admit. Her sister Hannah had been murdered months before that talk happened. Abby sat at the foot of her bed, now twenty-six years old, listening to her brother as he held his daughter and talked about his fiance going on a road trip for work and he wasn't going to be able to accompany her.

"Abs? Did you hear what I said?" Ian called to his sister, realizing that she had been staring into space for the better part of their mostly one sided conversation. "Uh, yeah. I heard you..." Abby said, glancing up at Ian causing her brother to sigh. He sat his daughter down on the floor before turning to look at his sister, "I wanted to know if you'd be able to go with Sarah to Indiana. I don't want her going alone, and I can't go because I need to stay here with Bess." Ian said, referring to his almost one year old daughter.

Abby fell back on her bed, groaning. It wasn't that she didn't want to spend time with Sarah, Abby didn't like traveling. "I mean, I guess I can. You mean to tell me that you've never told Sarah any of the truth about what is lurking out there?" Ian shook his head, looking to the floor, "I can't bring myself to drag her into the dark where we are." Sitting back up, Abby got off her bed and placed a hand on her brother's shoulder, "I'll go. She's leaving in the morning? Let me get a bag packed, it'll be a fun girls trip." With that, Abby picked her niece up off the floor and gave her a kiss on the cheek before handing her back to Ian and ushering the two out of her room.

Much to Abby's surprise, Sarah was more than willing to allow Abby to accompany her to Indiana. The girls were friends, not close friends, but good enough that they enjoyed being around one another.

When the morning came, Abby grabbed her bag of clothes, and met Sarah at the front door. She smiled as she watched her brother kiss his fiancée, and Sarah give Bess one more cuddle and kiss before following Abby over to her Jeep. Abby climbed into the driver's seat, glancing over at Sarah as she turned the key, "I hope you don't mind the ride, I don't really care to fly." Seeing the dark haired girl shake her head, "It's fine Abby, this could be more fun." The girls pulled out of the driveway and headed towards Indiana.
It was late into the night when the girls reached the hotel they were staying at. Abby pulled into the almost empty parking lot and killed the engine, "Sarah? Come on, let's check in so we can get some sleep." She called to her future sister-in-law as she stepped out of the jeep, grabbing her bag before closing the door behind her. Watching as Sarah did the same, she locked the doors before walking into the building.

After checking in and making it to their room, Abby unlocked the door, walking inside and collapsing on the bed nearest the door. "Ah, I'm ready to sleep," she laughed, lifting her head just for a moment to look at Sarah. Laughing as she shook her head and shut the door, "Well, on the bright side we got here a day before I have a meeting. We can go sight seeing tomorrow, maybe do something fun?" Abby nodded, "Sounds great, but first, we sleep." She laughed, burying her face in the pillow.

Once the lights were off, Abby slowly drifted off to sleep. She was excited to spend some one on one time with Sarah. The two hadn't really spent any time together unless they were planning Sarah's wedding to Ian. She made sure to set an alarm for the next day so they would have time and wouldn't be rushing through the entire day.

Abby hadn't been asleep for too long when she heard a sudden pounding on the door. It went silent before the door slowly crept open. A light flicked on and Abby heard Sarah's voice, "Sam?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I've had the inspiration for this for sometime now, I'm hoping to keep this going along with my Avenged Sevenfold one. Any comments would be greatly appreciated! I'll be working on the character page too.