Status: Just getting started

Nothing Left.

Indiana

"Okay, first of all, who the hell is Sam? And second, why the hell did he break in to our hotel room?" Abby questioned as she pulled her hair up into a ponytail before getting out of her bed. Sarah sighed, looking over at Abby, "It's kind of a long story. I'll give you the jist of it, I met Sam and his brother, Dean, years ago at an auction my father was running. They, uh, helped with a problem." Abby crossed her arms over her chest, looking Sam over before raising an eyebrow, "What exactly did he help with?" He didn't appear to be the type that would be interested in the types of auctions Sarah's father did.

Sarah ran a hand through her hair, "It doesn't matter." She looked back over to Sam, "So, what are you doing here and how did you find me?" Abby listened closely as Sam explained the situation to Sarah. "So, you're telling me, a demon named Crowley, is going to kill me in....sixteen minutes?" She questioned, looking over at Sam. Abby watched as Sam shook his head, "No, he's not, not as long as we can help it." There was another round of knocking at the door as Sam and Sarah both stood up from the couch and walked to the door.

As they opened the door, another man with green eyes and short, dark blonde hair walked in, "Sarah, long time." He made eye contact with Abby, "And you are..." Abby took a step forward, "I'm Abby. Sarah's engaged to my brother." There was a glance between Sarah and Sam that Abby didn't miss, she would ask Sarah about it later. "Ah, I see. Well, I'm Dean. What are you two doing in Indy?" Dean asked, directing the question more toward Sarah.

"I'm checking out an estate sale for my dad, Abby decided to keep me company," Sarah replied as she fiddled with her fingers. "Well, listen, we're going to put devil's traps all over this place, we've got everything we need to take care of demons. If anything tries to come through that door, it's meat," Sam assured her. He laughed dryly, "I know this is kind of insane, but this is what we do, we can keep both of you safe." Abby hadn't said a word, obviously these two knew what they were doing and Sarah knew more than she let on.

After the devil's traps were placed, Abby watched closely as Sam and Sarah spoke. She told Sam about Ian and Bess, mentioning that Sam had changed since the last time they met. As the spoke, the phone rang and Dean answered it, "Crowley." The voice came over the phone, "Five, four," he continued to count down until he hit one. Suddenly Sarah dropped to the floor, clutching her throat. Sam was there, "Hey, hey, can you hear me? Sarah!" Crowley spoke again, "She's dying, and there's nothing you can do about it."

"You son of a bitch!" Dean yelled.

"Son of a witch, actually. My mommy taught me a few tricks," Crowley responded.

Before Sam or Dean had a chance to respond, Abby spoke up, "It's a spell, find the hex bag!" Her words earned a few curious looks from the brothers before they moved around the hotel room. Abby quickly helped tear through the room, not listening to Crowley as he rambled on through the phone, "Where is it?" She glanced over at Sarah as Sam went to her, "Hey, you're going to be okay. We're going to stop this."

Seeing Sarah's eyes go wide and her breathing stop, Abby froze, "No, no, no." She ran over to kneel beside her, "Sarah, you can't do this. You have to make it." It was useless, Sarah wasn't breathing any longer. Hearing Crowley still on the phone, Abby got up, walked over and grabbed it before chucking it against the wall. It shattered into pieces as the hex bag rolled and stopped at Abby's feet, "You're fucking kidding me..."

She dropped to her knees as the brothers shared a look. Abby sat there for a moment, not able to believe what had just happened. Dean spoke up, "Abby, how did you know what Crowley was talking about?" Abby sighed, "Because, I come from a family of hunters. My grandfather, my father, before my brother was born. My dad taught my brother and me everything after a wendigo killed our sister. Ian wanted me to come with Sarah to protect her and I couldn't even do that. How am I going to call my brother and tell him she's gone? That he's going to have to raise their daughter alone..."

Abby paced the room for a few minutes before taking a seat on one of the chairs. She grabbed her phone and dialed Ian’s number, hoping he wouldn’t answer. “Hello?” Abby heard Ian’s groggy voice on the other end of the phone.

“Ian, a-are you sitting down?” Abby asked quietly.

He sighed before responding, “I’m laying in bed, so...”

Abby closed her eyes for a moment before she replied, “Sarah’s gone. She got cursed.”

There was silence on the other end of the line. Abby didn’t know if she should say more when Ian finally spoke, “There’s nothing you could have done, Abs. I-I’ll manage. Are you heading home?” Abby shook her head, “I’m going to get things sorted here first. I’ll let you know when I’m done.” Abby ended the call and shoved the phone in her purse.

Realizing that the brothers were looking at her, she sighed. Dean raised an eyebrow, “So, how did you know about the hex bag?” Abby looked at him, “My older sister was killed by a wendigo. After it happened my dad didn’t have a choice but to teach us about monsters. I was fourteen and Ian was nineteen.”

A look of sympathy crossed Dean's face as he glanced over at Sam. "So, you know about all of this?" Sam questioned, looking over at Abby. Abby nodded slowly, "Yeah, my dad was raised hunting. He only stopped after my brother was born." Abby ran a hand through her hair and grabbed her phone again, "You two should probably get out of here. I'll make the phone call to the police."

Dean grabbed the notepad that was placed by the phone and quickly scribbled down a phone number, "Here." He ripped the piece of paper off the pad and handed it to Abby, "If you need anything, give us a call." They both made their way to the door, glancing back before walking out.

Abby let out a breath as she dialed the number and the operator answered. "Hello? I-I need some help, my friend, she's laying on the floor of our hotel room, I think she might be dead..." Abby said quietly, trying not to look over at Sarah. Hearing the operator say help was on the way, Abby sat down on the chair and waited.