Status: Updated Every Wednesday and Sunday

Are We Out of the Woods?

Cat is out of the Bag

Cecelia had fallen asleep as they watched a movie. And Matt couldn't move her. Well he could but he was afraid her shirt would open at the top which would be a treat for him. But he was more of a gentleman than that. So he covered her up and cleaned up. He wandered outside on the moonlit deck and lowered himself into a chair. The salty air was cool tonight. And he welcomed that. He warred with himself about what a bad idea this was. He did want to see her. But what was going to stop him from making a move without their buffer there. He closed his eyes and listened to the ocean waves crash ashore. And his pool water lap at the sides. He was glad to be home.

“Matt?”she spoke softly.

He cracked an eye to see Cecelia in the doorway,”Everything okay?”

She nodded,”Yeah. Are you okay?”

He smiled,”I'm glad to be home.”

“I'm going to head to bed. I was a lot more tired than I thought,”she gave him a small smile.

He chuckled,”Alright. Goodnight.”

She hesitated in the doorway,”Night Matt.”

She disappeared into the house further and he let out a sigh. She was killing his gentlemanly resolve. Fraying his nerves. He had an early day tomorrow so he pushed himself away from the chair and headed into the house. He locked the door and headed up to his room. The toilet to the hall bathroom flushed and he heard the water to the sink shut off before she came out of the bathroom. Nearly colliding with him.

“I'm sorry,”she frowned.

“It's okay,”he chuckled.

They did a dance of trying to pass by each other before he reached out and gripped her shoulders. Then he twisted them.

“I've got some album stuff to handle tomorrow. I may be gone when you get up,”he said. “You're more than welcome to stay in, use the pool or get a cab to explore.”

“I think I'm more comfortable staying here,”she nodded.

He smiled,”That's fine. I'll be home about one if I'm lucky.”

She nodded again,”That's fine.”

“Well then good night, Cecelia.”

She stepped up to him and kissed him on the cheek,”Good night. And thank you for letting me come out here.”

He chuckled,”You're very welcome.”

She looked over her shoulder as he walked away. She stepped into the room he said she could use and shut the door.

~*~

Music softly blared from a stereo that Cecelia found. She lounged by the pool. Her pale skin shining brightly. Good thing she was alone. Her phone rang and she grabbed it.

“Hello?”

“You aren't busy, are you?”Penny asked, voice a bit urgent.

Cecelia sat up,”No. What's going on?”

“So don't be mad at your mom,”Penny began. “She was talking to Mark and she may have let it slip that you had gone to Cali to visit Matt.”

“He's on the warpath?”

“He's threatening to come down there unless you call him,”she said. “So that he knows you're alright.”

“I am alright. I'm alone right now. Matt had some album stuff to attend to. I don't understand why Dan or Michael aren't this protective,”she frowned.

“They probably worry but Mark is the only one you’re around a lot,”Penny sighed.

“He acts like I'm going to run off and ruin my life by marrying someone I don't know.”

“Please just call him. He can't leave because they're in the middle of demoing. He just doesn't want anything to happen to his sister. Biological or not.”

“I will. I know. But he can't babysit me all the time. What kind of life would that be?”

“It's not a very good one. It might take him seeing you happy with someone before he eases up some,”Penny sighed.

“Well I'm not with anyone,”she said.

“What is Matt hoping comes of this trip?”Penny asked.

“We're friends, P. He's not hoping for anything. If he is he hasn't said anything. It's only my second day here. Nothing happened last night.”

“He didn't make a move?”

Cecelia snorted,”No.”

“Do you want him to?”

Cecelia shrugged though Penny couldn't see,”I don't know. Maybe. He's really attractive. And there has to be some kind of connection between us.”

“Cecelia just think about things. You live in Florida. You have no idea what he's really like. Don't just sleep with him because you think he's hot.”

“There hasn't even been any kind of sign that he's interested in me that way. Sure he's eyed me. But most guys do. I think he just wanted me to be here because we got along with an ease that felt like we've known each other all our lives.”

“Still Ce. Be safe. Don't let him pressure you into anything you don't want to do.”

“I promise I won't. I'm gonna go. I'll call Mark as soon as we hang up.”

“Okay. Love you.”

“Love you too,”she hung up and dialed Mark's number.

She wasn't excited about this call. But she was a grown up. And he would just have to deal with her being in California with Matt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Mom and Penny, being stuck in the middle lol. We all know she wants Matt to make a move lol.

Surprise! Bonus chapter this week. I’ve been writing on this and I’m pretty inspired so I updated again :-)