Status: Updated Every Wednesday and Sunday

Are We Out of the Woods?

A Breaking Point

Cecelia was cooking when Matt walked in from his meeting and other things.

“Smells good,”he smiled.

She smiled,”Thanks. How was it?”

“We got some stuff hammered out so that helps us out in the long run. How was your day?”

She offered him a plate and he sat at the bar,”Well I spent most of the day by the pool. I think I may have a bit of a tan coming along.”

He chuckled,”Healthy glow in no time.”

She bit her lip and nodded. Turning back to the stove.

“Are things okay?”he asked.

“It's just,”she frowned turning back to face him. “Mark's really not happy right now. Mom slipped and told him.”

“He's not your only brother though?”

She shook her head,”No. But I think they voted and he lost on who was going to be the over protective brother. I guess it could also be because he's the one I really bonded with.”

“Is he wanting you to leave?”he asked.

She shrugged,”Yes. And no. He would love it if I did leave to fly up there with them and then come back with them at a later date.”

“And what do you want?”he asked softly.

“To stay here of course. It's beautiful here. And I'm enjoying the beach that's not familiar to me,”she blushed a little. “Plus there's hanging out with you.”

“I'm glad to hear that but if you need to go I'll completely understand. I'm not a fan of the idea but I understand.”

“You haven't done anything to warrant me running away. I'm an adult. He needs to accept it.”

“Well coming from a big brother it's hard to see your little sister as an adult. Amy is twenty three and I still feel like I need to watch over her. I'm always going to because I'm her brother. But I also know she's more than capable of handling herself.”

“And I can too. I don't feel unsafe here. If I did I would have been out the door as soon as I got here.”

“If it makes him feel better I can talk to him. I want you to enjoy your time here. Everything that happens, happens because you want it to.”

The door suddenly burst open and there was loud chatter. Matt groaned. He turned to face the intruders.

“Hey, Mathew! Where you at?” Jimmy rounded the corner and stopped. “Shit we didn't know you had company.”

Cecelia's eyes widened as the other guys shuffled in behind him.

“To what do I owe the pleasure after spending all day in the studio with you?”Matt sighed.

“We're heading to LA. Wanted to see if you wanted to tag along,”the drummer wiggled his eyebrows. “We're booked at the CS club.”

“Even if I wanted to, she can't,”he motioned to Cecelia.

“Why?”Johnny asked.

“She's only nineteen remember,”Matt shook his head. And chuckled humorlessly,“So twenty one plus clubs are a no go, sadly.”

“By all means,”she snapped. “If you want to go with your friends don't act like my age is the reason why you can't.”

“Cecelia,”Matt frowned.

“No,”she shook her head. “Go. Have fun with your buddies. Just don't wake me when you come in.”

She picked up her food and headed outside. Eating out in the fresh air would hopefully calm her down. The door slid open and he walked out.

“How could you embarrass me like that?”he snapped.

She looked up from her plate,”You know how I feel about my age. And then you're acting like I'm holding you back from going to some club. More than likely one with naked girls, booze and drugs.”

“You are nineteen!”he threw his hands up. “No matter how much you bitch about it, you will be nineteen for the next five months!”

“But you're acting like I'm holding you back! I saw the glint in your eyes when he mentioned the booked room.”

He pushed a hand through his hair,”Yes. The thought about going did cross my mind.”

“Then go! I won't stop you. Me and my nineteen year old self will just sit here.”

He slammed his hand on the table and got really close to her,”Would you like to know what I see when I look at you?” She shrunk back. “A little girl with an age complex in a grown woman's body.” She opened her mouth but he shook his head. “I also see a very gorgeous woman who gives me a serious case of blue balls each and every time I'm around her.” He stood up,”The only person that has an issue with your age is you.”

“But the way you said it. You threw sadly on at the end,”she said softly.

“I had to give them fake disappointment. Because the only torment I'm willing to take tonight is the fact that you'll more than likely come around in mini sleep shorts and a shirt with no bra. I'll take that over going to the strip club.”

He disappeared inside and she looked back at the food on her plate. Was she was projecting her issue with her age on others? And was he serious about the torment and blue balls? Suddenly the nature of her visit had changed. It was friendly before but now. Well now she knew how he really felt. And what he was possibly hoped would happen during her visit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh it looks like things are changing. How are things gonna be now?