Status: Updated Every Wednesday and Sunday

Are We Out of the Woods?

More Talk of School and Plans for a Trip

For the past week if they weren't at the beach, hanging out with his friends or she was alone while he worked Cecelia and Matt were in bed. It was hard for them not to end up there after that first time. Cecelia checked in with her mom and Penny daily. Letting them know how the visit was going. But omitting the sex part. Matt loved watching her as she was on the phone. She would pace back and forth in his room or the living room. Listening and talking. He loved the sway of her hips as she walked. Clothed or unclothed it was hypnotic. They were becoming quite close during this time as well.

“No mom. I haven't decided on a major yet,”Cecelia sighed. She was pacing the floor again.

“Well sweetheart I know you're having fun but you have to get serious about your future.”

Cecelia caught Matt's eye and he smiled. She knew how she wanted her future to play out. And it scared her.

“I know. But there's nothing I'm really interested in doing. I mean I could just run merch for Mark,”she said.

“As thrilled as he would be about that, you need something solid. Something you can build upon.”

“I would be employed for like ever because he's always doing something,”she said.

“That's very true. Just get your business degree. You can do almost anything with that,”her mom said.

“I'll think about it. I still have another week before I have to be back.”

The thought of leaving made her sad. But she knew this trip was not going to last forever.

“I'm gonna go, mom. I love you.”

“Okay sweetie. I love you too. And remember what I said.”

“I will. Give dad love for me. Bye.”

“I will. Bye baby.”

The line disconnected and she plopped down beside Matt. He was scribbling in a notebook.

“Can I just run away to a private island?”she asked.

“Does it include you in a bikini all the time?”he asked looking over at her.

She shrugged,”Possibly.”

He laid his pen down and faced her,”I am all for this plan.”

“I'm sure you are,”she smiled.

“Look,”his face was suddenly serious. “I know it's not easy picking something to major in. But look at it this way. If you pick something as your mom said like business you can do many things with it.”

“I really don't like school.”

“Maybe you can take off a year or so. Figure it out and then go back.”

She snorted,”I'm sure they'll go for that.”

“If you're working and you're on your own, there's not much they would be able to say because you'd be supporting yourself.”

“True.”

“I sure could use a break,”he smiled.

“I'm really sore, Matt. So that will have to take a back burner,”she frowned.

He chuckled,”While I like where your mind went. I wasn't going to suggest that.”

“What did you have in mind?”she asked.

“Go get dressed. We're going out,”he smiled.

She raised an eyebrow but he gave her the shoo motion. She wasn't sure what he meant by that but she changed into some jean shorts and a tank top. She grabbed her purse and slipped on her sunglasses before heading downstairs. She found him waiting by the door.

“Where are we going?”

“Out for a little while.”

He ushered her out of the house and locked the door behind her. He took the lead to his SUV and unlocked the doors. Hurrying around to open her door for her. He sealed her in and then headed around to his side climbing in.

“We're not going to the beach right?”she asked.

He chuckled,”I would have told you if we were.”

“Can I have a hint?”she asked.

“Well first we're going to grab something to eat.”

“Okay,”she frowned.

“Then we're going to grab some supplies,”he said.

“Why?”she asked.

“Because tomorrow we are leaving for Big Bear.”

“What's there?”she asked.

“A cabin and the wilderness.”

“Just us?”she asked.

“This time, no. We had planned this before I asked you to visit.”

“Oh. So everyone?”she asked.

He nodded,”I hope that's okay. Sometimes we like to go to the cabin when we're in the process of writing.”

“It's fine,”she smiled. “What do I need to pack when we get back?”

“Clothes for a few days. Your swimsuit and towel. Just the essentials.”

“So no make up?”she asked.

“I never thought you needed it,”he smiled, all dimples.

“Trying to earn brownie points huh?”

“Do I need brownie points?”he asked huskily.

His voice sent a shiver through her and made her arousal flair to life. She shook her head. He reached over and laid his hand on her thigh. She in turn laid her hand on his. Leaving in a week was going to suck.
♠ ♠ ♠
It’s not always going to be smooth sailing with them but I am enjoying how their relationship is coming along :-)