Status: Updated Every Wednesday and Sunday

Are We Out of the Woods?

Warned

Several nights later Cecelia crept from the room her and Matt were sharing. Big Bear was beautiful. And they spent most of their days outside. Camp fires and swimming. She quietly made her way to the kitchen. Wearing just his shirt was risky. But she grabbed the first one she could find in the heap of clothes.

“What exactly is going on between you and Matt?”

Cecelia whirled to find Alice, Brian's girlfriend, leaning against the door frame to her room with Brian. She had just met the girl a few days ago. She didn't even know Brian was with anyone.

“We're having fun,”Cecelia shrugged. “We're very good friends.”

“Oh everyone in the cabin knows that much.”

Cecelia's cheeks heated,”They do?”

“You two haven't been exactly as quiet as you may have thought you were.”

More blood rushed to her cheeks,”Oh.”

“We're all adults,”Alice said walking closer. “But these are my guys. So I'd like to know what is going on.”

“I don't have an answer to give you. We're just having fun.”

“How do you feel about him?”

Cecelia smiled,”I like him. A lot.”

“I think those feelings are mutual. But he's a rockstar. With that comes girls. A lot of them that will try desperately to sleep with him. Is that something you can handle if things get serious?”

“Well I know how it is. But we're not officially anything other than friends. But I do know the business and what groupies are like.”

“I'm giving you this warning because he's been single for a long time. And many girls have tried to blow him or fuck him. Few have succeeded but they still try.”

“Thank you for that. But I can handle something like this.”

“Can you?”Alice raised an eyebrow. “I don't want to sound crazy but I did some digging on you after finding out you were coming.”

“And?”Cecelia crossed her arms over her chest.

“Again these are my guys. I've been around them for years. I had to check out someone Matt was willing to ask to fly out here that he's not dating.”

“If you've been around them for years, then why was your boyfriend going to a strip club?”

Alice schooled her features,”He knows how to behave. And he loves to give in to Jimmy's whims. Your myspace is a very telling thing. Should make it private though. But from the pictures I've seen I can tell that you can't yet handle being with an international touring rockstar. Your blogs have said as much.”

“Well thank you for letting me know I need to make it private. That any crazy person can just go onto my page and blog. As I've said we're friends right now.”

“With benefits.”

“Well yes. There is that. I understand they're your guys. I'm the same way with my brother and his bandmates. But unless this gets serious I don't need a warning.”

“I'm trying to. Because I know feelings can develop fast. I've seen the look when you're on the phone and I know going home has been mentioned. You don't want to. But you know you have to. Some part of you knows you've already fallen for him.”

“Alice, I really appreciate the warning. I do. But I know what I'm stepping into. I wouldn't be here if I didn't.”

Alice nodded,”Okay. But you have been warned. I don't want you hurting him because he does something stupid one night.”

“Are you saying he's a cheater?”Cecelia's heart dropped.

“I'm just saying the road is lonely. And people act out if there have been fights.”

“And you know this from personal experience?”

Alice smiled sadly,”Yes.” She turned to walk away but stopped,”Being with a rockstar can take a lot out of a girl. Battles are fought but you're not always the winner. Important dates can be missed and apologies are given with a promise it won't happen again if they can manage it.”

Cecelia watched as Alice disappeared back into her room. She grabbed a bottle of water and headed back to the room. She shut the door softly and headed back to the bed. She slipped in by Matt and he turned over and slug his arm across her lap.

“You okay?”he asked cracking an eye.

She nodded taking a drink,”My throat was a bit dry and I grabbed a bottle of water.”

He chuckled softly,”We should have grabbed them before we came to bed.”

She nodded and slid down letting his arm slid around her waist,”We should have.”

“Gonna lose the shirt?”

She couldn't help the smile,”I can. But then I would be tempting you.”

“With or without a shirt you tempt me,”he snuggled closer. “But I do like the site of my shirt on you.”

The room was dimly lit by the bathroom light she had turned and left on before heading to the kitchen. She probably should have turned it back off but she was trapped for the time being. His soft snores let her know he was back asleep. But her mind didn't let her enjoy that solace. Nope it wanted to dwell on her conversation with Alice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can’t blame Alice for looking out for one of her guys. And who wouldn’t give in to Jimmy’s whims?

The next chapter is a skip in time. I’m trying not to make this go on forever lol. But it will be pretty long.