Status: Updated Every Wednesday and Sunday

Are We Out of the Woods?

I Don’t Know What We Are

Matt and Cecelia remained close even after that talk she had with Alice. She savored her time left with him before heading back home. During the following months she had talked to her mother about giving herself some time off. She found a job at the local bookstore and worked toward getting her own apartment. She talked and texted Matt daily and he even visited during the Christmas holiday. Telling her it was his turn to visit. New Year's came and went with Mark and Penny going off on a trip to Hawaii for their first year anniversary. Cecelia was somewhat relieved they wouldn't be having a party this year. She really wanted to celebrate with Matt but things hadn't worked out in their favor.

After the first of the year the countdown to her birthday was on. She didn't know what she was going to do but she was excited to be entering her twenties. Even now a few days until her birthday she didn't know what she was going to do. Other than finish moving into her new apartment.

“You know you haven't said what you wanted nor what we were going to do,”Penny said plopping down on the couch.

Cecelia shrugged and looked up from the box of clothes in front of her,”I don't know what to do.”

“Well I'm not going to mention who you'd like to. Does he have plans on coming out?”

Another shrug as she folded a shirt,”He hasn't said. But they're getting close to being done I think. He said this album was different.”

“Oh boy,”Penny shifted to fold her now bare feet beneath her.

“I don't have the inside info for it. Despite talking to him all the time.”

“Please don't let this be a love soundtrack because he's got a lady.”

Cecelia snorted,”A lady?”

“You are dating, right?”

Cecelia sighed and picked up another shirt to fold,”I don't know what we're doing. He hasn't broached the subject.”

“Why haven't you?”she narrowed her eyes.

“Because I don't know if I want there to be a label.”

Confusion contorted Penny's face,”Um why?”

“We live in two different states for one. But really I feel like a label will lead to me being hurt.”

“You're in love with the hulk! Label or not you can still be hurt.”

“I know,”she frowned. “I haven't told him I am or vice versa.”

“I can ninja punch him in the dick,”Penny said.

Cecelia laughed,”As amusing as that would be please don't.”

“Fine, I won't,”Penny sighed dramatically. “Consider it your birthday gift.”

“Oh how kind of you,”she smiled.

Penny's phone rang and she looked down at the caller,”I have to take this.” She hurriedly got up and stepped outside on the balcony.

Cecelia stared after her in confusion. She continued to fold her clothes as she watched Penny pace back and forth. After ten minutes she stepped back inside.

“Everything okay?”

Penny nodded,”Yep. It was Mark.”

“Oh, and how is he doing?” Cecelia had barely gotten to talk to him since she started moving into the apartment.

“They're putting the finishing touches on things. They have a meeting soon to decided with the label what the first single will be and when they will be releasing it.”

“I'm pretty excited about it. From what you had me listen in on while you were still with them.”

“It's going to be amazing.”

Cecelia grabbed the last of the shirts,”Agreed. Do you want to stay tonight?”

“Bad horror movie night and Chinese?”she smiled.

“Of course. And drinks.”

“Good! Call in the order and I'll pick it up while I'm out getting my over night bag. Want me to grab snacks?”

“I would say just grab it out of your trunk but,”Cecelia smiled. “And yes. Chips and anything chocolate.”

“I'm still getting use to the address change too. Make a list.”

During Thanksgiving break Mark had come home with Penny. During that time he had asked her to move in with him and she had accepted. The weekend after Thanksgiving they moved her stuff into his house.

Cecelia jotted down a few things she wanted. The whiskey and rum were already there thanks to Mark sneaking some in for them to enjoy in moderation that Cecelia brought from the house.

“I'll be back in a bit. Don't forget to order.”

“I'm about to pick up my phone to do so.”

“Good. Love you, I'll be back.”

“Love you too. Be careful.”

Cecelia picked up her phone and hit the number for the local Chinese restaurant. She gave them Penny's number and paid with her own bankcard. When she finished she grabbed up her folded clothes and carried them to her room. The apartment smelled new. Everything in there was. She knew she was going to need candles to light to make this place her own. But she was glad she had her own place.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nothing good can come from not being on the same page. But yay for this new chapter for Cecelia lol.

Sorry about the lack of updates. I had only two chapters after my last update and I wanted more chapters so I had something to post. Until the last few days I wrote nothing but I have added four more. I’ll post again on Sunday :-)