‹ Prequel: Love At Gunpoint
Sequel: Love My Existence
Status: Completed.

Love, Give Me Redemption

Prologue

I choked and gasped for air. It was slipping away from me.

My vision was blurring, but I could still see him. I couldn't believe he made me trust him so completely, so blindly. I would've followed him to the ends and points of this earth, even if it went flat.

I gusted out a breath like a sigh, but it was more than that. I gritted my teeth to keep myself from crying.

Why?

"Why?" I gasped breathlessly against the cord around my neck. The deadly weapon of a garrote. An ancient medieval device of murder. I stared at the figure standing stoically and without a single, traitorous flinch, a few feet off.

My assailant hissed, and slightly twitched his fingers. I gulped and made a small sound of distress. As much as I didn't want to, I made that sound nonetheless.

I was fearless. But being betrayed by a person who I considered worthy of trust, it was more than a stab in the back.

He looked at me, wearily even. His grey eyes revealing nothing.

"Why?!" I shouted more clearly, ignoring the threat of the garrote and the man growling behind me. My voice ricocheted off the walls.

Not a wince.

I heard a whimper and I realized it came from me. Far within me.

"Nothing, Rory. It just is," he said, his thick Scottish brogue a delight despite the man coming from it.

I gritted my teeth again and closed my eyes tightly, my hands were tautly gripping the forearms of the man behind me, trying to wedge a distance so I could at least fight. They didn't relent.

I recognized the moment I was going to die. The knowledge of defeat, and it peeved me to the greatest damning heights of my spirit.

Even then, I could still see his iced grey eyes of iniquity burning behind my lids. I could still feel his brush with those desirous lips seeking for atonement.

And I would now die with the vision of the deceiver firmly set behind the scorching tears.

The deceiver I had secretly given my heart to.

Liar.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm officially graduate of 2008.
It's wow.

Anywho...
=]