A wedding, a tour and a funeral

Radios and butterflies

As they parked up outside Leana’s dads house, she smiled as she saw her dad’s girlfriend outside in the front yard doing her plants.

“Julie!” She shouted her name, not expecting her to hear. Her hearing wasn’t the best.

“Le, Jimmy! Is it that time already? Wow time flies when you have fun!” She have leana mad Jimmy a hug.

“And look at you sporting a new hairdo!” Julie said as she looked at Jimmy’s new beard and hair. He went slightly red at the compliment.

“Thanks, thought I’d give this a whirl for a while, we’ll see how it goes” jimmy chuckled.

Leana has remembered when he’d told her he wanted to grow his hair out and grow a beard. Fuck, it wasn’t like he had to ask for permission, she loved him no matter how he looked. To her, he would always be handsome and a beautiful person inside and out and she told him that.

“Well I think It looks good, suits you. And you missy! You’re looking more stunning every time we see you!”

“Thanks Julie, you too! Is dad inside?”

“Yes, he’s in the kitchen trying to work the radio and the front door is open by the way”

“I’m sure we can help and thanks” she laced her fingers with Jimmy’s as they walked into the house.

Jimmy leaned to whisper something into her ear. “You know what happened last time he tried to fix something”

She elbowed him, but smiled. “Of course and I also remember the hospital visits after he cut open his hand”

They walked into the kitchen and saw her dad singing along quietly to a song on the tv. All whilst drowning in radio parts. It would be comical if it wasn’t serious work.

“Hey dad, you get bored again?”

“Le! Ahh, you know.. can’t seem to want to get rid of this old thing. So thought I’d better fix it up” Leana hugged her dad, he hadn’t been well lately, but like a soldier, he carried on. His thick Scottish accent always came out more when around Leana. She remembered the first time jimmy met her dad. They got on like a house of fire. As if they’d always known each other. But jimmy did struggle at first with the accent. But he soon became use to it. Being of Irish decent himself.

Leana put her bag on the other table, and Jimmy hung his coat in the back of the chair, the kitchen was fairly big, with a small table, which they were sitting on. And a large table in the center on the room with the cooking area to the left of the room. It suited her father and Julie.

“Have you planned what you’re both doing tomorrow morning and Christmas Day?”

“I think we have. Yours in the morning, moms in the evening and then Jimmy’s family Christmas Day after 3 ish”

“So Jimmy? Looking forward to a new year?” Her dad smiled, it wasn’t long till they were going to start properly planning for their wedding. Something that they both were excited about.

“Yes, new album, a tour and the wedding. We’ve been working out asses off these last few weeks and it’ll be nice to take a break for a while” Jimmy had been looking forward to Christmas time. It was one of the many favorite holidays he liked. And he was excited about their wedding, after proposing to her four years ago, they’d been waiting for the right time. And Summer 2010 seemed like a better time than any.

*******************
Leana our the mugs in the dishwasher and said her goodbyes to her dad and Julie was by now after 2 hours of gardening, had come in to have a chat with Jimmy and Leana.

“Well we’ll see you tomorrow!” she gave her dad a hug and kissing him on the cheek.

“See you tomorrow darlin’”

They said their goodbyes to Julie, and walked to the car. It was now, by the time they eventually got out the house nearly 3pm.

“Well I’m thankful that nothing happened this time”

Leana laughed “oh tell me about it, I didn’t want to spend more time at the hospital like last year”

“Well next years is definitely going to be different” Jimmy put a hand on her knee and rubbed it with his thumb.

Leana smiled and looked at her soon to be husband, she leaned forwards and kissed him. Kissing jimmy still have her the first time feeling. Still have her the electric feeling. Every touch. Still sent her wild.

“And I cannot wait, if only it would hurry up”

“Tell me about it, just get the shitty stuff over with first”

“Haha, come on big boy. Let’s get home. I’m hungry”

As they drove home. Leana couldn’t help but think about the wedding. They’d sorted out the colors and possible suits and dresses but some things still needed to be done and thought about. She has butterflies in her stomach thinking about the fact she was going to be Mrs Sullivan this time next year. Being with jimmy was always a journey and one she’d always be with him for.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this chapter. I’m still getter to grips with story writing.