Status: Read it on my wattpad ; @xMoralsAreDead

Eden Fading

Prologue: 1995

Emily and Phil Lawrence, of Midland, Texas wanted a child. They wanted a child so bad that they would sacrifice everything to get that child. They tried for years after their marriage in 1990 to conceive but nothing was working. After many failed attempts the Lawrence’s decided their best option would be to adopt a child. Emily was so happy with the idea of giving love to a child who was unwanted by the biological parents.

In the Summer of 1995, June to be exact they met two teenagers Julia Smith who was 16 at the time, and Jensen Ackles an up and coming 17-year-old heartthrob. The two weren’t in love anymore and Julia wasn’t ready to be a mother. Jensen had some regrets and you could tell.

Julia was sat on a couch in the Lawrence’s home. “You have a lovely home, Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence.” She was 5 months along in her pregnancy. Looking like a tiny little beach ball she looked around the large two-story home.

“Thank you, Julia, my husband is a doctor as you know and I am a stay at home wife, hopefully, mother soon,” Emily said sweetly as she brought out a pitcher of fresh tea for them. “We are so happy you’ve considered us; this is a true honor.”

Jensen looked around. He smiled toward the couple. “So, uh can I ask why you can’t have children of your own?” Julia smacked his arm and glared towards him. Jensen choked on air and hung his head. “Sorry—I shouldn’t ask that.”

Emily smiled at Phil and then turned to look at the young couple before her. “Of course, you can ask whatever questions you want, uhm I can’t bear children. I have some health issues…NON-life threatening!” She assured quickly with almost panic in her voice. “That just makes child-bearing, not in our cards.” She cleared her throat.

Julia looked at the folder that held all their paperwork, applications and background check information. “My parents, helped us narrow it down.” She started to say as she glanced between them and Jensen. “His parents and my parents both agreed that you—seem like the perfect choice. You’ve been waiting so long for this? You applied to be parents in 1992 and. it’s been a few long years of waiting.”

Emily nodded in agreement to her statement. “It has been, but Phil and I would do anything to have a child. Even if we have to wait for another 10-years. It will be worth it to have a baby in our home. A child we can nurture and care for until my last breath.” Emily said; her voice wobbled only slightly as she got emotional. Just from speaking that way Emily would tear up.

Phil put his arm around his wife and gave her a gentle hug. “Emily has always wanted children, she and I were just a little younger than you two when we got together. I was 15 and she was 14, we have been together ever since. She’s been an amazing wife and woman. I’ve loved her since the day I met her.”

Emily pats his arm lightly. “Oh, enough of that Philly, I’m sure they don’t need to hear that.”

“Oh! She and I aren’t together anymore—” Jensen said; Though he was sat next to Julia you could tell he didn’t want to be. “This whole thing was an accident and a mistake.”

Julia rolled her eyes. “He was a waste of my time, but uh, I think it’s safe to say I pick you both…I want you to be this baby’s parents.” Oh, the joy that burst into the room from that announcement. Mrs. Lawrence was giddy and excited about this.

From that five-month point, Julia was welcomed into their family as Emily and Phil prepared for the baby when they were told it was a girl, Emily was over the moon happy. They started picking out names, but both agreed they’d have to wait to name her until they saw her in person.

Which wouldn’t be long.

Sarah was born into the world on October 22nd, 1995 at 4:45 pm. Julia got to spend just over 5 hours with her before she signed over her rights. Jensen also got to see her, the guilt in his eyes was noticeable to Phil. Which is why they opted for a closed adoption. They wanted Jensen and Julia's record sealed. So that way they wouldn’t have to worry about losing their baby girl. A selfish move that Emily knew nothing about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please also check it out on Wattpad. Click here to go to Wattpad