Status: Complete ♥

Best Friends

1/1

Stood behind the counter at the movie theatre where she worked, Koa restocked the candy cabinet and growled in frustration as a few boxes dropped on the floor. In all honesty, she wasn’t even scheduled to work, but one of her colleagues had phoned in sick and she’d stupidly agreed to stand in for her.

“What do you think is wrong with Hayley this time?” her best friend, Harrison, asked as he placed more big boxes on the counter.

“Maybe her pet goldfish died,” Koa replied with a shrug.

“Pretty sure she’s used that one before, perhaps she had to take her biological clock in for a service...”

With a frown, Koa shook her head in amusement and got back to what she’d been doing. Friday nights were always busy and it was usually the night that most of their college decided to catch a movie, which was always a fun experience.

She was refilling the popcorn machine, when a familiar voice caught her attention and she subtly glanced into the mirror that decorated the back wall to see Alex approaching with his friends.

“Hey, I didn’t know you worked here,” Alex stated as he reached the counter.

“A few days a week,” Koa replied, “What can I get you?”

“Medium salty and sweet popcorn, m&m’s, and a large coke please.”

“Of course.”

The group soon moved away from the counter and Koa smiled as Alex waved, jumping as Harrison appeared at the side.

“Is that the guy from your psychology class that you’ve been crushing on?”

“Maybe,” Koa mumbled, rolling her eyes and sighing at the knowing look on her best friend’s face, “Yes, okay, that’s him...”

“You said he was smart and funny, you mentioned nothing about good looking,” Harrison stated, wrapping his arm around her and resting his chin on the shoulder closest to him, “Does Koa want to hit a home run with the handsome boy?”

“I’m just gonna ignore you now.”

“You can try, but you’re gonna miss me in about five minutes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Free Writing, just something short and goofy! Enjoy ♥