‹ Prequel: Forever
Status: Active ♥

Always

One

Stood in the park, Brooklyn launched the tennis ball across the empty field and watched as Shylo chased it down. He had just brought it back, when she heard the sound of a motorbike engine and looked up.

“Shy, platz,” Brooklyn instructed, swallowing nervously as Axel’s cousin Felix approached and attaching Shylo’s leash, “Warten.”

“Nice dog,” Felix stated, smirking when Shylo let out a deep, threatening growl and shifting his attention to Brooklyn, “I’m looking for your boyfriend, do you know where I can find him?”

“I think he was helping his dad at the garage; a car needed a new carburetor or something.”

She loved the Garcia family, but Felix put her on edge and she tried to avoid him as much as possible. Out of everyone, he was the only person that had an issue with her relationship with Axel and he’d been extremely vocal about it.

“Just tell him that I’m looking for him.”

With a nod, Brooklyn turned away and headed home. She sent Shylo to his bed as she walked in, making her way to the kitchen and sitting up on the counter.

“Dinner won’t be long,” Jared told her with a smile, “How’s your weekend been?”

“Quiet,” Brooklyn replied with a shrug, “Got all my homework done, took Shy to the park, and started watching the first season of Vampire Diaries again.”

“Sounds like a decent weekend to me.”

“I guess, I’ve been looking into getting a part-time job as well... filled out an application for the coffee shop in town and the movie theatre.”

“I’m proud of you, Brook,” Jared added as he plated their food, “You don’t hear that enough.”

“Thanks,” Brooklyn mumbled with a smile.

They ate dinner and Brooklyn watched some more Vampire Diaries, before going to sleep. She woke up late the following morning, grabbing her bag and throwing her hair up into a messy bun as she rushed out the front door.

Her first lesson had already started by the time she arrived, handing her teacher a note from the office and taking her seat next to Brandon at the back of the class.

“Nice of you to join us,” Brandon said, causing Brooklyn to roll her eyes, “Why are you late?”

“All my leggings are dirty and I needed time to cry about putting on real pants.”

“You’re weird.”

“I know.”

Brooklyn stuck her tongue out as Brandon chuckled, shifting her attention to the teacher and internally groaning at the mention of poetry. The classes before lunch seemed to drag and Brooklyn was glad when the bell finally rang and she went to meet Brandon in the cafeteria.

Sat out in the quad under a large oak tree a while later, she doodled in her sketch pad and laughed as Brandon told her about his disastrous date at the weekend. For a good-looking guy, he had an awful reputation when it came to dating and always ended up in one strange situation or another.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ♥

Platz-Down
Warten- Wait