‹ Prequel: Forever
Status: Active ♥

Always

Seventeen

Sat in the passenger seat of Brandon’s car, Brooklyn nodded along to the music playing from the stereo and watched the scenery pass outside the window. It took nearly three hours for them to reach the resort that the school had rented out and took their bags to their rooms, before meeting up to go explore.

“Okay, so where to first?” Brandon inquired as he wrapped his arm around Brooklyn’s shoulders.

“I really want cheesecake,” Brooklyn replied with a grin.

“Of course you do.”

With a chuckle, Brooklyn took a few steps toward their favorite diner and grabbed Brandon’s hand. They quickly reached the small establishment, finding an empty booth and placing their orders.

She had missed the diner; she had missed the view of the ocean and the feeling of freedom that came with it. Once they had eaten, they made their way down to the beach and took a seat on the sand.

Her toes dug into the warm grains, Brooklyn watched some surfers on the horizon and looked up with a frown when someone called her name.

“Scott?” Brooklyn stated with a grin, jumping up and hugging him.

“What brings you to my neck of the woods?” he asked as she stepped back.

“The annual beach bonfire,” Brooklyn answered, glancing back as Brandon moved to join them, “Scott, this is Brandon... Brandon, this is Scott.”

“Nice to meet you,” Brandon added.

“You too.”

After nearly two hours of catching up, Scott had to head home and arranged to meet Brooklyn the following night at the bonfire. She spent the rest of the day exploring with Brandon and snapping pictures, ending up at the arcade.

Stood next to Brandon, Brooklyn reloaded her shotgun and pulled the trigger as zombies came toward them on the big screen. High-fiving him as they cleared the level, she watched the cut-scene and grunted as someone collided with her.

“Watch it,” Brandon warned with a glare as the boy walked away.

“Or what?” another boy asked, causing Brandon to abandon the game and turn towards the slowly growing group.

“Bran... don’t,” Brooklyn warned, stepping in front of him and putting her hands on his arms to stop him, “Let’s just go, please.”

“Okay,” Brandon agreed after a few tense seconds.

Without another word, Brandon took Brooklyn’s hand and led her over to where the claw machines were. As cliché as it was, every year he would make it his mission to win her a teddy and he’d never failed.

It was a little before curfew when they returned to the hotel, planning to meet up for breakfast and going their separate ways. Sat on the bed, she uploaded her photos for Jared to see and chose one of her on Brandon’s back to put as her profile picture with the caption: You always know how to make me feel good about myself.

With a yawn, she put her phone on the side and settled down for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading ♥

Who is Scott? And is Brandon just Brooklyn's best friend or is there more there?