‹ Prequel: Forever
Status: Active ♥

Always

Two

It was nearly the end of lunch, when Brooklyn spotted Axel emerging from the school building with his friends and smiled as he approached.

“Hey,” he greeted, kissing her and fist-bumping Brandon, “What are you doing after school?”

“Nothing that I know of,” Brooklyn replied.

“Do you want to come over and watch a movie or something?”

“Sure.”

“I’ll pick you up at six.”

With a nod, Brooklyn put her sketchpad back in her bag and headed to her next class as the bell rang. The school day finally came to an end and she made her way home, settling in her room to work on some of her assignments before Axel picked her up.

Half five soon arrived and she got changed, throwing her hair up into a messy bun. Her phone chimed and she opened the text from Axel, shouting a quick goodbye to her dad as she left.

“Hey,” Brooklyn said as she reached him, accepting the helmet Axel was holding out and climbing on the bike behind him.

“You ready?” Axel inquired, earning a nod from Brooklyn and setting off.

They soon arrived at the Garcia house and Brooklyn smiled as Axel entwined their fingers, leading her inside to his room. Laid on the bed with her head resting on Axel’s chest a while later, she glanced up and noticed that he was watching her rather than the movie they’d put on.

“What you looking at?” Brooklyn inquired with a playful glare.

“You... got a problem with that?” Axel answered.

“Depends,” Brooklyn added, pushing down the nerves she felt and pressing a sweet kiss to his lips, “What do you see?”

“My future,” Axel mumbled.

He kissed her again, shifting them so that he was leaning over her and cupped her cheek as he deepened the kiss. Brooklyn’s eyes closed fearlessly and she wrapped her arms around his neck, enjoying the feeling of his body weight pressed against her.

Axel’s hand traveled down her side to rest on her hip and Brooklyn tilted her head slightly as he moved his attention to her neck, warning him not to leave any marks. She had just slipped his t-shirt off, when someone knocked on the door and they both paused.

“Yo Axel, Felix is here to see you,” one of Axel’s brother’s called from the other side, causing Axel to curse under his breath and reluctantly stand up.

“I’m sorry, I’ll be right back,” he said, kissing her quickly and putting his t-shirt on as he left the room.

Unsure of what to do, Brooklyn made her way to the kitchen and smiled as Mrs. Garcia greeted her with a hug. She had been helping with dinner for nearly half an hour, when Axel walked in from the front yard and took a seat at the island without a word.

“Everything okay?” Brooklyn asked.

“Everything is fine,” Axel replied, grabbing them both a soda from the fridge and kissing her cheek as he placed it in front of her.

With a nod, Brooklyn took a sip of her drink and returned her attention to the cookies she was making for dessert. She didn’t know if he was telling her the truth, but she trusted him and that was enough for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ♥

What sort of trouble is Felix going to cause? Did his unannounced visit stop Brooklyn and Axel from doing something that neither are ready for?