‹ Prequel: Forever
Status: Active ♥

Always

Seven

Despite everything that had happened, Brooklyn decided to focus on school and helping Jared to find an apartment. Sat at the kitchen table, she looked on the apartment rental site she’d found and glanced up as Jared placed a stack of pancakes in front of her.

“How about this one?” Brooklyn said as she took a bite, “It’s within your price range and it’s only on the other side of the park...”

“Send them a message,” Jared replied from his position by the oven, “Hey Brook.”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you for helping me with this.”

“Any time.”

It was four o’clock, when Brooklyn got ready for work and headed out. She had applied to a few different places around town, but the movie theatre was the first to respond and she was actually happy about that.

Stood behind the counter of the Film Forum, she handed over the change to her latest customer and smiled as they thanked her.

“Howdy best friend,” Brandon greeted with a grin, “What film do you suggest?”

“They are showing the original Exorcist for one night only.”

“I’m in,” Brandon agreed, looking at the team and earning nods from them, “Six tickets for the next showing please.”

It was late by the time she finished, locking up and making her way home. She had just turned the corner, when a motorbike engine caught her attention and she felt her blood run cold when she spotted Felix.

“If it isn’t my cousin’s pequena perra,” he said as he approached her, “I’d really like to know how you got into Axel’s head the way you have, but that’ll have to wait... you lost me money with that stunt you pulled and you're going to make it right.”

“How?”

“I have a few errands in mind.”

“What if I refuse?”

“Then things for Axel will be a thousand times worse,” Felix threatened, “He may be my family, but that doesn’t make him untouchable...”

“Fine, I’ll do whatever you want me to do, just leave Axel out of it,” Brooklyn replied, not wanting Axel to get hurt, “When do I start?”

“Tomorrow evening,” Felix instructed, “I’ll pick you up from the park at seven and Brooklyn, don’t be late.”

With a nod of agreement, Brooklyn watched as he got back on his bike and felt the tears form as he drove away. She didn’t want to do anything for Felix (especially nothing illegal), but she couldn’t let Axel suffer because of her and there was no other option.

***

Laid on her bed later that night, Brooklyn stared at the ceiling and grabbed her phone as it chimed to find a new text from Axel.

‘Hey babe, what are you doing tomorrow?’

‘Not much, I’m hanging out with Brandon in the evening though.’

‘Do you want to go to Al’s for breakfast with me and the guys?’

‘That sounds fun.’

‘I’ll pick you up at nine.’

Brooklyn smiled, sending back a heart emoji in response and pulling up a new message to send to Brandon. Not wanting to drag her best friend into her problems, she kept the text simple and hoped that he wouldn’t ask too many questions.

‘I will tell you everything, but, for now, if Axel asks, we are hanging out tomorrow’

‘I’ve got your back... but you owe me details.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ♥

What has Brooklyn got herself into?