‹ Prequel: Forever
Status: Active ♥

Always

Nine

The deliveries for Felix were going fine, until Brooklyn showed up one night and immediately spotted a familiar face. She had just closed her locker and turned to head to her first class, when she came face to face with Nico.

“We need to talk,” he said as he scanned the corridor.

“About?” Brooklyn replied, not wanting to talk about things in such a public setting and seeing from Nico’s face that she didn’t have a choice.

“Why are you making deliveries for Felix?” Nico continued without acknowledging the fact that she’d spoken, “Does Axel know?”

“Does he know that you’ve been hanging out with Felix’s crew?”

“That’s not what this is about.”

“You’re such a hypocrite,” Brooklyn stated, “I have my reasons for what I’m doing, do you?”

Without another word, Brooklyn walked away and made her way to her English class. Classes before lunch seemed to fly by and the bell rang, sending her in the direction of the cafeteria.

She was debating whether or not to sit outside in the quad, when a pair of strong arms wrapped around her and she tensed slightly.

“Relax, hermosa, it’s just me,” came Axel’s voice, causing her to relax and smile as she turned to face him, “Hey.”

“Hi.”

Not used to PDA in school, Brooklyn wasn’t sure what her next move should be and was relieved when Axel wrapped his arm around her shoulders, kissing her cheek. With her lunch paid for, she put it in her bag and entwined her fingers with his.

“My mom wanted to make sure that you’re still coming to the party this weekend,” Axel said as he led her over to where the rest of his friends were already seated.

“Wouldn’t miss it.”

“Sure you’re not going to be busy,” Nico added, earning a glare from Brooklyn and shaking his head.

“What’s going on with you two?” Axel inquired with a frown, shifting his gaze between the two of them, “Well?”

“Nothing,” Brooklyn answered, feeling guilty for lying to him and focusing on the food that she no longer wanted.

Axel didn’t push for an answer, but she knew that he didn’t believe her and that the truth would eventually come out. Brooklyn was glad to get home that night, picking Braxton up on the way and setting up a movie for them to watch.

There were only two weeks until Jared moved out and despite being happy for him, she was upset. She loved having her big brother around, loved the fact that he understood her, and helped out with Braxton.

She knew that her dad’s job was important and demanding, but she was beginning to feel like a stand-in mom for her baby brother. Braxton was asleep in bed by the time Jared got home and Brooklyn decided to bake some cookies, ready for the morning.

“How’s school going, kid?” Jared asked as they sat at the kitchen table a while later, eating cookie dough and drinking coffee, “It seems like forever since we’ve talked or hung out properly.”

“It has been,” Brooklyn replied, “Can we try to do something before you move out?”

“How about crazy golf and dinner on Friday... just the two of us?”

“Sounds like fun.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ♥

Should Brooklyn be honest with Axel?