Two Days in London: A 48-Hour Itinerary

London is one of the world’s most famous and largest cities, offering an endless number of attractions, museums, historical buildings, and entertainment places. London can be an overwhelming city for those visiting for the first time. We’ve put together a recommended two days London itinerary that will help you see the highlights of London if you have at least two days in London.

London is easy to reach by plane. London has six main airports: Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton, Southend, and London City. We had arrived from the India location outside Europe, busy Heathrow was our arrival airport. London is well-connected to train routes throughout the UK with several train stations in & around London.

We checked into our serviced apartment (Presidential Marylebone Mayfair) and got settled. We drank a cup of coffee and stayed awake so we could adjust to the time change as quickly as possible. We booked a taxi with the help of the apartment's staff and We started our journey. We were so excited to explore London.

Madame Tussauds London:

Madame Tussauds London which was a famous London attraction. It took 15-minutes to reach there via A40 road. There were many celebrities' wax statues and we clicked many pics at the museum. It was great fun and we spent almost 2-hour there.

Address: Marylebone Road, London NW1 5LR
Timings: Mon-Sun 9:00 to 5:00
Entry Fee: Online price from £25
Walk-up from:£35
Distance: 0.6 miles away from the Presidential Marylebone Mayfair

Design Museum, Kensington:

It has many exhibitions that happen from time to time at the Design Museum. We spent half an hour there.

Address: 224-238 Kensington High St, Kensington, London W8 6AG, United Kingdom
Timings: Open daily 10:00 – 18:00
Entry Fee: The museum is free to enter, tickets can be bought for the temporary exhibitions.
Distance: 5.0 miles away from the Presidential Marylebone Mayfair

Trafalgar Square:

It is an iconic London landmark and is considered a cultural hub in London. It is popular for hosting events, cultural celebrations and rallies, bringing together all the people of London, great for views along the river which we loved too much.
Distance: 1.8 miles away from the Presidential Marylebone Mayfair
Timing: Open 24 hours
Entry Fee: Free

Day Two:

The London Dungeon:
This attraction is horrible and nasty in a good way. It told London's history. Our kids and we love this stuff.
Timing: 7 days a week every day of the year except Christmas Day. Opening hours vary during the year, see its website for more details.
Distance: 3.2 miles away from the Presidential Marylebone Mayfair

Tower Of London:
Tower of London is a historic castle that holds the Crown's jewels. To learn more about it, we got a tour guide in advance. It was pretty fantastic for us. We spent approximately 2-hours there which was enough to explore it.
Location: St Katharine’s & Wapping, London EC3N 4AB, United Kingdom
Timings: 9 am – 4:30 pm
Distance: 4.2 miles away from the Presidential Marylebone Mayfair

Notting Hill:

I headed to the Portobello Road Market. It is open every day except Sunday, but Saturday is the best day to go because all of the antique stalls are open. I found many different-2 stalls selling clothing, food, and other items. When I was done shopping, I grabbed lunch at one of Notting Hills’ fantastic restaurants.
Timing: Mon-Sat 10 am–8 pm
Distance: 2.6 miles away from the Presidential Marylebone Mayfair

Sky Garden:

It was the highest concentration of skyscrapers in the city which was awesome. Sky Garden offered some of the best views of London from above, and best of all, it was free and my toddlers enjoyed it so much.
Cost: Free
Hours: Monday through Friday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Distance: 4.4 miles away from the Presidential Marylebone Mayfair

That is all about our short but memorable trip to London. We enjoyed every moment of the trip very much. The apartment at which we stayed was good & had the best staff and service, great as expected. Overall, our experience was great.