Forrest Kline

You Are So Special

Emelia Harrison sat in her car, alone, thinking of somewhere to go.
Still confused of what had just happened, she ran. Just like she always does when she is afraid.

Not saying that she was afraid of him, seeing as they had been best friends for years. But she never thought that it would lead this far. She never thought she would let it go on to this point. They were friends. That's all. Nothing more.

Maybe it was just the alcohol messing with her head. She isn't a big drinker. And the only reason she had been drinking was to get her mind off of him. Apparently that didn't work.
Maybe she is over analyzing it. It wasn't like they were diving too deep. Although, that seemed to be where they were headed.

But she couldn't blame him. You know what they say, "It takes two to tango."
It wasn't like she was exactly stopping him. And it didn't feel all that wrong. It actually felt pretty damn right.

But still, they were friends. She couldn't ruin that.
But maybe she wouldn't ruin it. Maybe it would bring them closer. She never actually told him how she felt. Maybe he feels the same way about her.
No, he couldn't. If he felt the same, she would have picked up on it. The guys always tell her to go for it. Especially Chris. He thinks that Emmy and Forrest are destined to be together.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emmy decided to take the risk. She exited her car and ran back into the house.
She looked around for anyone she knew, hoping she would spot one of the guys. After squinting around, getting dizzy from the mix of alcohol and bright lights, her emerald eyes rested on Jesse.

"Jess, where did Forrest go?" she screamed over the music.

"I think he went outside. He didn't look too good." he yelled back.

Instead of replying, she spun around and pushed her way through the throng of people to the back door.

As she made her way outside, careful not to step on the random bodies lying on the cold ground, she searched the grounds for Forrest.

With no luck, she was getting ready to head back inside.

"EMMY!" came a boy's voice from behind her.

She spun around seeing Forrest cannonballing into the pool. A splash of cool water hit her. She ran up onto the deck as quick as she could. She couldn't see Forrest anywhere. It was too dark.

All of a sudden, a hand shot out of the water, grabbing onto her arm.
She yelped before losing her balance and tipping into the pool.

She gasped as her skin touched the cool water. She held her breath until she floated back up to the surface. She gasped as soon as she could, flailing around.

A pair of arms wrapped around her waist.

She wiped her face off only to be greeted by Forrest's. Compared to the water, his touch was warm. Comforting.

He smiled at her. His hair was a mess, the backyard reaked of alcohol, yet everything was perfect.

He picked her up by her waist and pushed her onto the deck. After getting out himself, he picked her back up and swung her over his shoulder. He smiled as she giggled. He carried her upstairs, into his room. He playfully threw her onto the bed. She started to shiver. Forrest grabbed a shirt and a pair of pajama bottoms and tossed them to her.
As she started toward the bathroom, he stopped her.

"I'm sorry." he whispered. "For earlier. It shouldn't have happened."
"Yeah. It's okay." she said sadly.
They both avoided each others stares.
She turned around towards the bathroom again.
Forrest walked towards her, spinning her back around.
Without saying a word, he covered her lips with his own.
Her stomach filled with that butterfly feeling.
Without her knowledge, Forrests' did the same.
This kiss was innocent, not lustful. This is how they both knew it wasn't the alcohol.
Emelia pulled away and headed into the bathroom without saying a word.

Forrest sighed, falling onto his bed.
Had he done something wrong?
Had he screwed up again?
He didn't even have the time to think of the possible answers to his questions when Emmy emerged from the bathroom.
She had changed into the warm clothes and left her wet ones in the bathroom.
Forrest got up and went to the bathroom to change.
As Emelia sat on the bed, she thought of what had happened.
She thought of the way Forrest always made her feel extremely important.
How he always made her laugh.
And he didn't even need to try to make her smile. His presence was enough to do just that.
Maybe what she felt was right. But what if it wasn't?
Right after the thought crossed her mind, Forrest came out of the bathroom.
He was shirtless, with only boxers on.
Forrest came and sat next to her.
They both looked down at the floor. That is, until Forrest pulled himself up onto the bed more so he could lay down.
It was complete silence.
Emmy got up and came around the side of the bed. Forrest was on his side. He had to look at her now.
She sat down next to him and put her hands in her lap.
He looked up at her.

"This feels so right." she whispered. "But I'm afraid it'll go wrong."
He wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her in closer, so she was laying down facing him.
"Maybe we need to take that risk." he said. "I'm willing to."
"So am I." she replied. "I just don't want to screw us up."
"That isn't possible. It'll always be Forrest and his little Emmybear. That will never change." He whispered, hugging her. "I promise."
She smiled into his chest. He was so warm. He hugged her even tighter.

That night, Forrest asked Emelia to be his girlfriend.
And to this day, she still gets butterflies in her stomach.
He still makes her smile whenever he is around her.
He still makes her feel special.
It feels that when they are together, time stops, and they only have each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think of it.
I'm willing to take any criticism.
I can use it to help improve my future stories and one-shots.
So please help me out and tell me what you think.

Thank you all for reading!!
:)