Status: Work in Progress

Love Song

However far away

Sitting alone in my living room that night replaying the conversation I had with Rami, it was only then that I had time to register the words he'd said to me. "If you'll let me out of this I will pay you." Point blank, no beating around the bush, no give and take. Just a straight up offer of money to get him out of my office. I pulled my legs underneath me and swirled my now soggy cereal around the bowl. My mind began to wander of all the possible things I could do with the ridiculous amount of money he could pay me. I could quit work, buy a home finally, maybe a nice sports car too... "You're being ridiculous." I quickly thought to myself while rolling my eyes. Just the fact that I would even entertain something so absurd blew my own mind. I mean, would he just give me a few thousand or would it be more? Shaking the stupid thoughts from my head, I placed my bowl in the dishwasher and got ready for bed.

A week had gone by since my first encounter with Rami Suno and I was almost looking forward to today's session. He intrigued me and I couldn't put my finger on why just yet. "Hi Rami, welcome back." I greet him. "Anything on your mind you'd like to talk about this week?" Rami looks up from his position on the couch, something about the way he always looked so deeply into my eyes gave me chills. "Not much to tell Doc. Ran into an old friend from High School this weekend."

Making a few notes in his file, I nodded for him to continue. He chuckles a little, "Dudes a Bounty Hunter now." I nodded again, "Want to tell me about how that went? I'm assuming he knows who you are and what you do for... a living." A quick shrug of his shoulders made it clear he didn't really care what his friend thought. "Oh, he knows. His dad actually bailed me out a few times when I first started selling. Good folks, hard working."

I leaned back in my office chair and asked, "How did the encounter go?" Another shrug as he twisted the expensive watch on his wrist. Before he could answer I interjected, "Is that a real Rolex?" His head popped up, a crooked grin came over his face, "What do you think?" he replies raising his eyebrow. I could feel the flush come over my face, I quickly scolded myself for straying off topic. What was it about this man that made me feel so unprofessional?

"So, back to your Bounty Hunter friend..." Rami leans back once more, bringing his right leg to rest on his left knee. "Leland." he tells me is his name. "You know, Dog the Bounty Hunter..." Rami says, a questioning looks on his face. "Of course." I reply. If you lived in Hawaii, you knew Dog. "Leland, I take it is Dog's son?" He's nodding in agreement as I finish making my notes. "If you ever get arrested Doc just call Dog or Leland, they'll bail you out, no questions asked."

"I don't plan on ever getting arrested Rami." But if I had learned anything in life, it was that things didn't always go as planned.