Casting Spells

The Party and my Destiny

The music was pumping louder and louder as I made my way through the thick the crowd of people. I couldn't make out any faces, everyone was in costume. I bump into an eager young girl near the couch. She pushes me down and straddles my waist. "I know who you are. You're a bounty hunter." she says purring in my ear before she licks it. I try pushing her off. "Oooohhh is that your mace or are you just happy to see me." she says still laughing before I push her into the floor. I stand up and walk away, I needed some air.

The house was packed, people were everywhere. Some dancing, others making out or even having sex on the stairs. I was definitely too old for this. I finally find a door that leads to the outside. As soon as I open it, my mysterious witch glides through and walks past me into the congested living room. I try following her but its pointless. She’s gone again. I search instead, for my brother I was ready to leave.

I start opening doors, any door. The bathroom, bedroom, the laundry room door. Where was my brother. I open the last door and there I find him. He was right they were doing very bad things to him. The blonde haired devil girl riding him, while the the red headed angel...well she was taught to share her toys with everyone. I shook the image from my head and closed the door, I couldn't stay and watch my brother f**k two girls, one should never witness that.

Walking down stairs I saw the long brown hair and cape of my mystery witch walking out the back door. I took off after her, pushing people here and there. I wasn't going to lose her this time. I don't know why, but I was drawn to this woman. I need to know her. Maybe it was the full moon that lit up the night sky or maybe it was the costume that added to the mystery...Either way I wanted to find out.

I found her standing in the back yard looking at the moon. I walked up to her. "Its a beautiful night isn't it. The moon is full." she says and looks at me. Her face covered by the hat she was wearing. She runs her hand across my cheek, her fingers leaving a trail of heat in their path. "Its a good night for casting spells." She tells me as she rubs her thumb across my bottom lip, I catch it between my teeth and suck on it.

"And what kind of spells are you casting under this full moon?" I ask as I run my hands through her hair. "Only love spells for you." she says as she stares at me with lust filled eyes. I watch as she licks her lips and turns to walk out into the dark night. This time I don't let her get away. I followed her into the woods behind the house, grabbing her by the arm and backing her into the nearest tree. "Tell me your name" I say against her lips. She moans and pulls my hair. "Witches don't have names, at least not tonight." she says with a seductive laugh. She grabs my hands and pulls me father into the dark woods. I trip, pulling her down with me, falling on top of her I run my hands over her breast feeling the rise and fall of her chest.

~~~~~

The next morning I work up with a very dry mouth and a huge hangover. I sit up looking for my mystery girl, she’s no where to be found. I'm back home in my bed. Just about that time Duane Lee walks in laughing. "You were so trashed last night. I had to drag you home."

"What happened to the girl I was with? The witch" I ask him. He just shakes his head. "What girl? When I found you were passed out in the backyard, who knows man." I try to sit up, only to lay back down groaning. I was still in the clothes from the night before. I stuck my hand in my pocket, pulling out a note. "I told you it was a good night for casting spells ~ xoxo" I read the note out loud three time before closing my eyes. Good at least I didn't imagine it.

I needed to get my ass out of bed and see if I could catch up with Laney today. If nothing else, I would give her a call and see where things go from there.

Epilogue~

Laney, my wife of seven years takes my hand in hers as we follow along behind our five year old daughter Destiny as she trick or treats through the streets of our new home in Colorado. "I'm so glad we found each other again Laney." I say as Destiny runs past us to the next house. "We should thank your mother for giving me your number. Its hard to believe we've been together for seven years. Just think it might not have happened if you hadn't have flown back that Halloween. I love you" she says kissing my cheek.

We continue walking door to door with our daughter. "Its so nice out tonight" she says looking toward the sky. I couldn't help but admire her beautiful face. I was so lucky to have her again. I pulled her closer to me, my eyes taking in her beautiful growing belly. She would soon give birth to my fourth child. I didn't think my life could be more fulfilling.

"It is beautiful baby. Just like you." I say sweetly into her ear. She laughs her sweet laugh and says "The moon is full, Its a good night for casting spells."

I stopped abruptly as she continues laughing. "Don't you remember that night. The witch, the Halloween party. You said she was the only stranger you ever slept with." she says still holding my hand. It was true, I had disclosed my past to her, even that night. But I never told her what was said or how the mystery woman still haunted my dreams.

"Leland, that witch was me."

The End