Status: Enjoy and please I always appreciate feedback!

When All Else Fails

A Red Demoness, A Promise, and Your Cold Heart

Scavenging was no easy task, you either got zapped and roasted or captured and turned, worse- case scenario incinerated and used as fodder. Maria’s eyes scanned the desolated perimeter of the old crumbled ruins of a museum as they looked for any remaining supplies. Noe was right and Zeke had also been stating that they were short on food, judging from the remains of this raid there was not much left. Maria sighed they would have to go scavenge farther in and that would mean extra risks, that is when she heard it the snap of a boot going over some debris immediately she reached for her crossbow it was electronic and designed to be deadly precise, her team following her lead quietly surrounded the perimeter.

A young woman appeared carrying the dead torso of a regulator that she had apparently smashed to pieces with her bat. A huge wired bat that she carried with her as if it was a toy, Maria knew this woman as all did and they lowered their weapons she was the leader of the resistance in what was once Espoo “The Gloomlurkers” gang. Maria had only met Angel once, but she knew that she was known as the red demoness of the north. She was incredibly strong and ill-tempered.

“Fancy meeting you here,” Maria said “What brings you so far up North? the meet of the clans is not for some time” she added warily. Even if this girl was on the side of humanity, she was not going to let her guard down. “I am here searching for a team I lost, I am not just going to leave them out to die,” Angel said. Maria felt instantly guilty this woman was compassionate unlike her, that part of her had died a long time ago. “I see well, we are scavenging here, but we will move now, nothing remains, good luck in your search,” she said leading her team away.

“Wait!” Angel said stopping Maria in her tracks. “I am unaware of their whereabouts, I have not seen any groups nearby…. unless” Maria said then she thought, maybe those two men were from her clan. If that was so a trade had to be made it was law Maria would trade them in for supplies, supplies she needed food. “I may have in my custody two of your men I ask for food in return,” Maria said. She felt horrible having to do this, but such was the world “Two men? Angel said “they may be mine, but I cannot trade until you show me,” she said.

“A fair statement,” Maria said signaling to one of her men “Go bring them and make Tanny tag along for reinforcements” she added as the young man ran off to get them. It seemed hours before Alexi and Ville were brought forth to meet Angel. “Are they your brethren?” Maria asked hoping they were she needed the food “I do not know them….” Angel said Maria’s heart fell, “Yet I am in need of manpower, so I can trade your food for one of them” Angel said, making Tanny sigh in relief. It was only fair and thought she did not want to trade anyone in it was best not to anger the red demoness.

“Very well take your pick,” Maria said, feeling horrible every time she had to do this to a human life, as if they were supplies, yet such was the world, Angel scanned them carefully taking into account their disposition and mannerisms, their possible strengths and weaknesses. Alexi could not believe that the goddess of the north was in front of him, she was beautiful and yet wild, he would be afraid to anger her, but secretly he hoped he would be chosen, he was not very fond of Maria after her introductions and yet Ville had confessed that he was, not that their desires would amount to anything in this world, but being close to someone whom they could be inspired to fight alongside with or for would have it easier.

“I will take the tall pale one,” Angel said sensing his mesmerizing blue gaze. “Come here, you are mine now and I hope you are worth the trade, we are lacking in food for my tribe as well, but if it gets me a man as handsome as you are, it is worth the price, so can't wait to break you in once we get back to the north,” Angel added boldly, as she motioned for Alexi to come with her. Alexi blushed which made Tanny giggle and Maria clear her throat, which made her kick Tanny, she did not want to trigger a fight.

“Very well,” Maria said relieved, she had secretly hoped she would not take Ville, even if she was foolish to think anything would happen. “In return, I will send food to this spot on the third Sun of this week no sooner no later,” Angel said. “The two men I seek are my kin, my brothers, this what they look like, if you do find them keep them safe, and I will reward you with weapons as well” Angel added as she dug around her leather jacket. Angel was dressed in black leather, looking just like "Mad Max" a movie had Maria loved to watch as a child when bliss lay in ignorance.

“I will keep an eye open then, good luck finding the rest of your men,” Maria said as she took the photo Angel handed her, so as to look at them. Angel was in the middle of two very handsome men. One was tall with long black hair. The other one was tall with long blonde hair. The blonde one looked a bit like Angel. “This one is Jyrki, he's my older brother,” Angel said pointing to the one on the left with the long black hair.” This one is Olli, my twin brother, please keep an eye out for my brothers. I fear the queen of the east has them" she said.

The queen of the east? Maria recalled her she was not a pleasant person, she was even more so unpleasant than Maria. Angel sighed, "She been eyeing then for a long time mainly Olli, wanting him to serve her physical needs if you get me...” Angel said as she pointed to the blonde. Well, that explains why Angel looked more like the blonde one, Maria thought. He is her twin brother. Her brothers were very handsome and like night and day.

Maria handed her back the photo, which Angel put back in her jacket next to her heart, where she kept it always wanting her brothers by her heart. "I will help you with that matter the best I can,” Maria said as Angel nodded at her and started walking, Alexi right by her side. Angel grabbed his rump and it made him jump. Tanny giggled again and this time Maria's murderous stare stopped her short. “Nice very, nice,” Angel said. Maria had to hold back her giggle this time, it hurt to smile, she had not done it in ages, and she didn't want her team to know she still had feelings, they were in her opinion useless dead weight.

Maria looked at Tanny and Ville as they walked back along with her men. “Really you think it’s so fair to treat us like cattle,” Ville said shortly. He was familiar with the rules, but they had always irked him. “I am merely ensuring the survival of the many we care for, including you but I could trade you in for more food if you do not wish to be here,” Maria said cutting him off with icy words. “No need I am staying here” Ville responded “As you wish,” Maria said as she signaled Tanny to lead him to his resting quarters as once again he bore a hole into the back of her head, though this time it was a gaze of hurt and anger, of the puzzle of a cold heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks if you are here :D will update soon please give me feedback Angel belongs to WildChildMary so kudos to her as well :D