White Frost

Silly Superstitions

The early morning air felt chilly, almost as though someone had casted a spell of eternal winter all over the place, as she stepped out of the warmth of the cottage. She had to draw her cloak even closer about her to preserve the remaining warmth her body retained from the fireplace within her family’s cottage. She held a basket, made out of reeds, wood, and other things that were taken from the forest, on her arm as she took the first step out into the snow world. Even the first breath she took made her lungs feel cold. She was thankful that there was no curse in the air that would freeze her body.

The young woman chuckled to herself, brushing a few strands of her beautiful chestnut colored hair out of her face. What a silly notion, someone, a witch casting an ice spell across the entire world. It sounded absurd really, but yet…

There have been tales of something causing the weather to be abnormal. Why this very cold weather and snow was strange since the summer months weren’t far off. But her mama told her it was just the Gods getting the last of their winter blues out of their systems. Another odd and funny thought.

Again she shook her head and she drew her cloak tighter about her body once more before starting the trek to the forest. She would have to leave her silly fears and her mother’s silly superstitions behind if she were going to concentrate on gathering ingredients for her potion training.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is short compared to what I'm really capable of writing, but I'm making it my limit to write each chapter for the duration of two songs, unless I say otherwise. This particular chapter was written to Take on Me by a-ha and Every Breath You Take by The Police.
Will there be a dragon in this story eventually? Uh, yeah, there will be. Since that's what the main image that inspired this story has in it so yeah. And I promise an official layout will be made for this story instead of this generic white one that I have on it atm. Its a bit late at the time writing this Author's Note and posting this story, and I really need to get to sleep.

So this chapter was started roughly about 2:20 AM and finished or in the least prepped at 3:22 AM (I honestly spent an hour looking for a decent layout x.x) Yep, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this story. When I wake up, I will write another chapter and hopefully it won't be so dang short.