I'm Not Boyfriend Material

Keeping Tabs On My Girl

Several weeks had gone by since Casey had seen Sam. She couldn't help herself she was memorized by him. She knew better too but there was just something about him. She wanted to get to know him and made him tick.

" Casey at table three someone is waiting for service" her co worker Janelle said as she came into the back where Casey was making a fresh pot of coffee.

"Ok thanks" she said as she washed her hands and grabbed a menu.

As she was walking to the table she saw him... Sam! She took a deep breath and walked over to him.

" Hi I'm Casey I will be your waitress, can I start you out with something to drink? she asked pretending she didn't recognize him.

" Just a water thank you" he said giving her a grin.

" So I see you listened to me, been staying out of the alley's" he told her.

" You've been stalking me?" she asked him as she crossed her arms over her chest annoyed.

He laughed " Of course not, I have people for that" he told her as he opened the menu.

" That's really creepy" she told him.

" You're welcome" he replied not taking his eyes off the menu.

" So I figure you're not here for the food, what are you here for?" she asked a few minutes after coming back with his water.

" Just wanted to see how you were doing" he told her taking a sip of water.

" And why would you do that?" she asked him.

" You're hot. I like making sure the hotties are ok" he told her shrugging his shoulders.

" Thanks I guess" she replied blushing.

" So listen, I can't stop thinking about you how would you like to go on a date sometime?" he asked her with a raised eyebrow.

" Oh um I don't know" she responded she wasn't expecting that.

" Pick you up at eight on Friday, you aren't working are you?" he asked ignoring her.

" Oh no I'm not, but I didn't agree" she told him.

" You also didn't dispute" he said giving her a wink.

She sighed " Fine I guess where?" she asked him.

" I'll pick you up at your apartment" he told her finishing his water.

" So um are you hungry?" she asked him and he shook his head no.

" Thanks for the water baby girl" he said pulling a twenty out of his wallet and putting it on the table.

" Water is free Sam" she told him trying to give it back.

" I know, that's for you buy yourself something nice, or spend it on food or whatever" he said and started leaving the restaurant.

She left after him with the money in hand " I don't know who you think I am but you can't buy me" she said trying to give him back his money.

" I know exactly who you are. A feisty, sexy woman that I want to get to know better. The money was a test to see if I was correct. You can hold your own, I like that in a woman." he told her as he bit his bottom lip.

" What game are you playing with me?" she asked him as he stepped closer to her.

" No game. Just genuine curiosity and desire" he told her.

" See you Friday" he said reaching into her hand and taking the money back from her.

His fingertips grazed across her wrist as he did that.