‹ Prequel: Lost in Stereo

Something's Gotta Give

Normalcy

Skye's Point of View

Alex agreed go just let me go into his room. I opened the door and saw him lying on his bed with a pillow over his head. I sat down on the edge of the bed.

"So what happened?" I asked.

Alex sighed and moved the pillow from his face. He started to explain everything to me. It was impossible not to feel bad for him. He really loved Isabel and she’d crushed his heart.

"I'm so sorry Lex," I said when he was done.

"Not your fault. I just can't believe she did that to me," he said.

"Are you going to tell Jade?" I asked.

Alex sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"I probably should. I'd rather have her find out from me than someone else," he answered.

I nodded and headed back to the kitchen. I saw that Jack and Jade were finishing up the dishes.

"He wants to talk to you,” I said.

“I told you this was a best friend situation,” Jack said and began making his way towards Alex’s room.

“Not you,” I told him, putting out a hand to stop him. “He wants to talk to Jade.”

Jade looked a little hesitant but she went down the hall. While she and Alex talked, Jack and I headed to the living room and got caught up with each other. Kendall ended up coming out of her room and joining us. Jack and Kendall were playing some goofy game when Jade finally came out of Alex's room. Kendall looked sad that they were getting ready to leave, but she gave them hugs goodbye. I walked them to the door. While Jack walked out to the car, I stopped Jade.

"Do you mind watching Kendall for me on Sunday? I was going to have Alex do it but I think he needs some time to himself," I said.

"Sure, I don't mind. Plus Jack will be happy to help as well," she told me.

We said our goodbyes and I got Kendall into bed. I went to my room and got ready for bed. I laid down and closed my eyes hoping sleep would come soon.

I was woken up the next morning to Kendall climbing into my bed with me. We laid there for a little while before having some breakfast. We spent the day doing crafts and going for a walk. I didn't see much of Alex, only when he came out to use the bathroom or get some food. I made some dinner and made Kendall a plate before getting myself some. We ate and once Kendall was done eating, I gave her a bath and got her in some pajamas. I got her into her bed and tucked her in.

As I was walking out of her room, Kendall called after me. "Mama?"

"Yes?" I said.

"Is Uncle Alex okay?" she asked.

"He's fine, he just doesn't feel too good," I replied.

Kendall nodded and said goodnight. I went to my room and went to bed. The next morning, I woke up and got ready for work. I packed up Kendall's things and got her ready too. I grabbed her a quick breakfast and we headed out the door to Jade and Jack's place. As soon as we were parked in their driveway, Kendall raced out of the car, eager to spend time with them. She knocked on the door once she reached it, and Jade looked a little surprised when she answered the door and just Kendall was standing there but let her inside. I caught up a few seconds later.

"I'll let Kellin know she’s here,” I said. “Thank you again for watching her.”

"We love having her,” Jade said. “How’s Alex?”

"Didn't see much of him so I'm not really sure," I told her.

I said my goodbyes to Kendall, telling her I loved her and that I'd see her next week for Christmas. I got back in my car and headed to work. I sent Kellin a text message before I went in and told him where Kendall was at. Hoping the day would go by quickly, I walked into work and clocked in.