‹ Prequel: Stand By Me
Status: Active ♥

Hold My Hand

Four

The rest of the shift was chaotic, but it soon came to an end and Taylor had never been gladder to be home. Unable to switch off her thoughts, she decided to do some baking and had just put the third batch of peanut butter cookies in the oven when Shay joined her.

“Those smell amazing,” Shay commented, pouring herself a coffee and smiling as Taylor pushed a plate towards her without a word.

“I’m going for a run; can you take those out for me once they’re done?” Taylor asked, motioning to the oven and earning a nod from Shay.

Getting changed, Taylor put her earphones in and turned her music up as she set off down the street. Focused on the steady rhythm of her feet hitting the ground, she cleared her mind and forced her legs to push harder.

It wasn’t long, before the park came into view and she collapsed onto an empty bench to catch her breath. The pace back to the apartment was a lot slower and Taylor headed straight for a shower, sorting out her washing.

“Morning,” Kelly greeted as she entered the kitchen a little while later, “How was your run?”

“Therapeutic,” Taylor replied, putting her washing on and sitting up on the counter as Kelly cooked, “How are you feeling today?”

“Better,” Kelly stated, moving to stand between Taylor’s legs and kissing her as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Get a room you two,” Shay joked as she entered the kitchen with Corrine.

“This is a room,” Taylor said with a grin, pressing another kiss to Kelly’s lips and letting him go check on his food, “Hey Corrine.”

“Hi.”

Taylor spent the majority of the day helping Mrs. Caswell sort through some of her old photographs, listening to the stories behind them and putting them into several photo albums that she’d found. The stories told of a life full of love and laughter, despite the war that was going on at the time.

“What’s your secret to a long, healthy relationship?” Taylor inquired as she looked through a pile of letters.

“It was so different back when George and I met, but I guess communication would be a big part of it,” Mrs. Caswell answered, “Why do you ask, sweetie?”

“Just curious...”

She soon headed home, ordering pizza and curling up on the sofa to watch a movie. It wasn’t long, before Kelly arrived home from working on a customer’s boat and snagged a slice of pizza as he joined her.

“How was your day?” he asked, once the movie had finished and Taylor was tidying up.

“It was good. I helped Mrs. Caswell go through a box of old photographs,” Tayler told him, “She remembers the story behind every moment captured... it was really cool; did you get the boat done?”

“There are still a few things to finish, but I got the big jobs out of the way and it’s looking really good.”

Taylor couldn’t help smiling as Kelly wrapped his arms around her from behind, feeling a familiar warmth wash through her and swallowing nervously as she turned to face him. The next step for her was a big one, but she trusted the man holding her and mentally scolded herself for comparing him to Greg as she kissed him.

It was Kelly that deepened it, not breaking it for even a second as he guided her towards his room and closed the door behind them. Waking up the following morning to someone buzzing the apartment, Taylor groaned as she put on her shorts and pulled Kelly’s squad hoodie over her head before going to answer it.

“Hello?”

‘I have some parcels for you,’ came a deep voice from the other end.

“Come on up,” Taylor replied, pressing the button that would let him into the building and putting the kettle on.

The delivery man was soon knocking and Taylor answered with a smile, signing for the boxes at his feet. She had just moved the final box inside, when someone called her name and she looked up to find Renee approaching her.

“Hi, is Kelly around?”

“Yeah... babe, you have a visitor,” Taylor shouted as she stepped back to let the woman in, silently cursing for letting the term of endearment slip and closing the door, “Can I get you a coffee or something?”

“Coffee sounds great.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ♥