‹ Prequel: Stand By Me
Status: Active ♥

Hold My Hand

Seven

Exhausted from yet another crazy shift, Taylor took a proper shower to wash away some of the stress and managed to grab a few hours of sleep. Already hearing Kelly moving around, she grabbed the early birthday present that she had gotten him and joined him in the living room.

“What’s this?” Kelly asked with a frown as Taylor handed him the envelope.

“It’s an early birthday present.”

“Tay...”

“Don’t argue, just open it.”

With a roll of his eyes, Kelly opened the envelope and Taylor smiled as his eyes lit up with excitement.

“Are you serious?” Kelly said as he looked over at her.

“I’m not sure what the seats are like or anything, but my friend assured me that they were decent,” Taylor told him, “I thought maybe you could take Matt with you.”

“You don’t mind?”

“Not at all, hockey’s not really my thing and Matt could really use a friend right now.”

“You’re amazing, you know that right?”

Taylor smiled, cupping Kelly’s cheek as he kissed her and laid her back on the sofa with a mischievous look on his face. Chuckling lightly, she shifted until they were comfortable and pulled him down by his shirt to kiss him again.

She had no idea how long they’d been making out, when the front door opened and the sound of fake vomiting was heard. With her hand in her mouth to hide her laughter, she swept her thumb across the exposed skin just above Kelly’s hip and guffawed as he buried his face in her neck with a frustrated groan.

“Did I ruin the moment?” Shay asked innocently, “I’m sorry, how about I take us out for lunch to make it up to you?”

“Sounds good to me,” Taylor agreed.

“You’re paying,” Kelly added, getting up carefully and pulling Taylor up as well.

Since the diner wasn’t too far from the apartment, the trio decided to walk and filled the time discussing Kelly’s birthday. The smell of fresh coffee hit Taylor as she led the others inside, finding an empty booth and taking a seat.

An uneasy feeling soon settled in Taylor’s stomach and she was certain that someone was watching her, finally spotting Greg sat in the corner. Not wanting to ruin lunch, she shifted her attention back to the conversation and tried her hardest to ignore him.

Greg’s gaze remained on her the entire time she was there, setting her on edge and she couldn’t help the relief that washed over her when the decision was made to head home. She had just stepped out of the booth, when someone walked straight into her and she looked up to find Greg standing in front of her.

“Sorry,” he stated with a slight smirk, “I really need to watch where I’m going.”

“Yeah, you do,” came Kelly’s voice from behind her, drawing Taylor’s attention to the fact that she hadn’t said anything and was just standing there as if frozen to the spot, “Let’s go, babe.”

With the comforting weight of Kelly’s hands on her shoulders, she made her way towards the door and out into the fresh air.

“That guy is such a creep, are you okay?” Shay inquired as she linked arms with Taylor.

“Not really,” Taylor mumbled, looking up as Kelly took her hand and entwined their fingers.

Aside from the drug accusation that had been made against her, things had been surprisingly quiet and she felt like an idiot for thinking that it would last. Sat on her bed with her phone, Taylor sent Antonio a text asking if he could swing by and relaxed a little when he agreed.

Someone soon knocked on her door and she smiled when she spotted Kelly in the doorway, motioning for him to enter. Moving over so that he could join her, she let him get settled and curled into his side with her head resting on his chest.

“I’ve asked Antonio to swing by,” she told him, “Maybe he can do something or advise me on what to do about Greg.”

“I’d happily deal with him for you.”

“I know you would and I love you for it, but I don’t want you getting into trouble because of him.”

“This is changing the subject completely, but my mom is in town and wants to have dinner with us. I said that I’d check with you first and let her know, so is that okay?”

“Why wouldn’t it be okay?”

“I just don’t want to pressure you is all,” Kelly added with a shrug, “Things between us are really good at the moment...”

“Dinner with your mom isn’t going to change that,” Taylor promised, leaning up and pressing a kiss to his lips that he happily returned.

Yeah, things are definitely good she thought as she removed Kelly’s top, tracing her fingers over his toned chest and biting her lip as he kissed her neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading ♥