Death, Love and Family

Chapter 9: Katie

I finished packing, picked up Sara and started driving to the airport. As we were my phone rang I looked at the caller ID and read, Matt, I sighed and turned down the raido and answered "Hey baby!"

He said "Hey babe, What did you need to talk to me about?"

I looked at Sara then back to the road and said "Um....I need to tell you something but I need to do it face to face."

"What are you ok? Is everything alright?" he started questioning.

I nodded even though he couldn't see me "Yeah, but I just have something I need to tell you that I can't say over the phone, Where exactly are you I know you guys are some where in Texas but where in Texas are you?"

He asked "We're in Dallas...wait are you coming here?"

I replied "Matt I told you I had to tell you something face to face and by the time you got home it would've been to late Sara's coming to but don't tell Brian he won't be able to sit still if he know she's on her way to see him."

Matt chuckled and said "Yeah well now that I know your coming you think I'm going to be able to sit still, fuck no I'm going to start pacing as soon as you hang up the fucking phone until you get here. Can you at least give me a hint about what you are coming here to tell me?"

I laughed shaking my head I said "No Matt buts it's really big and I don't know how you're going to take it."

He started questioning again "No one's dead or dieing are they?"

I laughed and said "No baby no ones dead or dieing but I'm at the airport I have to go so I can get our tickets."

He sighed and said "Ok, oh babe use my card instead of yours I don't want you spending any money to come see me oh and take first class I know how much you hate flying to begin with!"

I sighed and said "Just as much as you hate me flying but fine I'll use your card even though I don't want to, I'll call you before the plane takes off!"

He said "Ok I love you and please, please, please, be careful!"

"I will I promise. I'll see you in a few hours baby I love you too bye!"

With that said Sara and I got out of the car and walked into the airport with our big trunks and huge duffels along with our carry on's. I walked up to the ticket booth and purchased our tickets using Matt's card just as Matt had asked me to do. Sara and I gave them our bags to tag then we made our way to our gate since our plane was taking off in an hour.

We stood in line for the secutity check for about twenty minutes before I heard the person next to me asked "Aren't you Niki? M.Shadows girlfriend?"

I chuckled and said "Yeah I guess you could say that, you a fan?"

It was a group of teenage kids dressed in almost all black typical Avenged Sevenfold fans. The girl who asked nodded and said "Yeah we're flying out to Texas to go see them is that where you are going?"

I nodded and said "Yes I am and so is Sara but don't tell anyone we don't want Syn finding out cause he'll flip!"

She laughed and said "I bet, I heard about what happened to Val two years ago Shads probably dosen't like the fact that you're flying to much dose he?"

I shook my head as the line moved forward "No he dosen't he likes it just about as much as I do, Val was my best friend so after the plane crashed I've had a problem with flying."

"I'm sorry about that, I met her a few times at some of their shows she was really sweet, she actually bought me the jacket I'm wearing becasue I didn't have any money at the time for merch."

I smiled and said "Yeah she told me about you she said you were cool didn't you hang out with her that year at warped?"

The girl laughed and nodded "I can't believe she remembered me!"

"Ahh well she seemed to like you, you seem cool you're not like fliping out or anything so I can see why. What's your name anyways?"

She held out her hand and said "Katie, these are my friends Rachel, David and Chris."

I shook her hand along with all of her friends and said "Well once we get through the fucking security we'll talk more." she nodded as Sara and I went through security.

Once Katie and all of her friends made it through they walked over to us. Rachel asked "Dose it ever get annoying?"

I cocked my head to the side and asked "Dose what ever get annoying hun?"

She said "Fans just coming up to you and talking to you?"

I laughed and said "Sweetie I've been with Avenged since they started I'm used to it, but I'll tell you one thing it's deffinatly not the fans that get annoying it's the guys I swear they are never going to grow up!"

They all laughed as we all decided to sit and wait for the plane. I just kept talking to them they were really cool I figured out they were all 24-26 and had actually all met at and A7X concert.

As our plane was called for boarding I said "Let me get your number and I'll call you before the show tomorrow, I'll see if I can get you backstage it shouldn't be that hard."

Katie hugged me and gave me her number as we boarded the plane I called Matt. who picked up straight away, "Hey Nik are you guys getting on the plane?"

I sighed starting to get nervous "Yeah babe fuck I hate these things, oh I made friends with some of your fans do you remember that one chick that Val hung out with at warped for like the whole tour?"

I could just hear him nod as he said "Yeah her name was Katie she was pretty cool."

I smiled and said "Yeah she is her and some friends recognized me in the security line and we started talking anyway I got her number do you think you could get em backstage tomorrow?"

"Yes of course I can....I can't believe you ran into her!"

I laughed and said "Yeah neither can I. Well I have to go baby the plane is going to take off soon. I love you and will call you soon ok?"

He sighed louldy and said "Yeah I love too babe, be careful please, I'll see you soon!"

I sighed to and said "Ok love you!" and with that we hung up!
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay last update for tonight I will be at my brothers game tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to write!!!

Tell me what you think??