Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Waiting Game

I sat in the hospital chair, beside my daughters bed, and held her tiny hand. She was only eight years old. Too young to be taken from me. The car accident that killed her father mutilated her small body and all they could do was make her comfortable. I offered my organs and they tried. A kidney. Part of my liver. I donated blood. I would of died for her to breathe. But it didn't matter. After twenty seven long, painful days.... my daughter took her final breath.

I awoke in a deep sweat. I breathed deeply, reminding myself I was alive and I was safe. Norm held me close, snoring quietly in my ear. Eye looked up at me from the comfort of the blanket as I stroked his soft fur and breathed some more.

Its been six years.

There has to come a point in my life where I can think of Kailee and not want to die. Therapy helped for a few years but when I least expect it.... it always brings me back to those days in the hospital.

I slipped out of bed, looking at the alarm clock and seeing how it was nearly ten. I had to be on set at noon and Norm agreed to come in with me to rehearse a particularly difficult scene he was shooting that afternoon. I got myself together before crawling back into bed, kissing him awake as he stirred, smiling at me- admiration in his eyes.

"Morning beautiful." He croaked and I smiled, kissing him again. "You were out cold when I got back. Figured you needed the sleep."

"Honestly, I probably did. My body was so sore. I have no idea why.." I told him as I wrapped my leg around his hip- pulling me close together- melding our bodies as one. He instantly responded to my teasing, rolling me on my back and kissing me deeply. "I want you.." I moaned as his hand traveled my body, my nails dug deeply in his back as my panties were removed my force, his body parting my legs in two- his cock inside me in moments causing me to scream in pleasure.

We were in sync. Our bodies working together as we changed positions, never dismounting. He was back on his knees, my left leg under his armpit my right around his waist as he drove it deeper and harder till we exploded in unison, kissing each other deeply as we rode the waves of pleasure we created.

"God I'm falling for you more and more each day..." he breathlessly whispered in my ear. "I feel like this is a dream and when I wake up your gonna be gone."

"I'm real. And I'm here. With you. For as long as you'll have me." I replied, kissing his lips once more then getting up and handing him a towel on the floor to wipe up. "I promise."

"Imma hold you to it...." he smirked, throwing the towel at me as I squealed.

**************************************************

"You're early!" Nico exclaimed as I let go of Norm's back and dismounted the motorcycle.

"Only by like... ten minutes..." I shrugged, following Greg to the makeup tent where extras stood in wait. Thomas and Becca were already inside, working on Chandler and Steven. "Morning." I said to them as I flashed them a smile, putting down my bag.

"Hey girl!" Lauren said excitedly as she walked in, sitting down at my station. "How was it?"

"Apparently I am not allowed spoilers...." I replied as she laughed.

"Imma run. You and Norm coming to Joe's tonight right? 8pm. Say yes." She pleaded and I shrugged. "You should. Everybody is coming. Greg..... you too okay?" She got up and smiled bright as Greg nodded. "Have a great day!"

"Looks like you've made friends already." Greg told me with a smirk. "I told you that you would love it." He tossed me a container of stage dirt and laughed as I fumbled to catch it. "You're on dirt duty today. Reedus steals it- be vigilant. Also we need thirty walkers ready by two. Ready to work?" I nodded as he sent an extra to my chair.

******************************************************

I sat with Thomas and Becca around three pm as we ate lunch, talking about jobs we have done. Becca came from doing runway makeup and Thomas has worked on most of the marvel superhero movies. They were both easy to talk to and I found we were all joking around as we worked.

"Hey, this seat taken?" Norman asked, pointing to the empty seat beside me as I shook my head. He was already in costume, crossbow on his back. "How's your day going?" He asked as he picked up my water bottle and took a sip.

"Good. We mass produced the dead quick today." I replied as I offered him half of my turkey sandwich which he took a bite of and handed back. "You having a good day?"

"Heavy scene coming up. Getting ready for it..." he muttered, pulling his Oakley sunglasses over his eyes from the bright sun. "You wanna go out with everyone tonight?" He studied my face while I shrugged.

"Up to you. Im game either way." I replied and he smirked, grabbing the container of dirt off the table, rolling it in his hands and putting it back. "I gotta get to it. See ya later." He stood, leaning down and kissing me on the cheek before walking off. I smiled as I watched him walk out of sight before looking back at my co-workers as they both stared at me silently.

"Are you guys going to the bar tonight?" I asked as they both frowned.

"We don't get actor invitations. There is an us and a them." Becca said quietly. "We don't even eat with them. We eat with the extras. You didn't notice? Look around." I glanced around to the other tables in the food tent and was suprised to see they were telling the truth. I didn't really notice it and it kinda bothered me.

"You aren't allowed or you just don't?" I asked and Thomas groaned.

"I see you. Strutting in here acting like you own the place because Greg puts you on some magical pedestal. But your part of the makeup team so you ARE the help sweetie. You aren't one of them. You know what Norman did to our friend right? You need to be careful." He sneered as I frowned. Apparently these two were not gonna be friends of mine.

"I'm on a pedestal because I'm talented and good at my job." I stood, grabbing my things and frowning at them. "You don't know me." I stated, disappointed in their behavior and walking away so they could talk shit amongst themselves.

Back at the makeup tent Greg sat in front of the portable air conditioner, eyes closed. I put down my stuff, cleaning up from the earlier domino procedure for the zombie hoarde.

"You get caught up on the show?" Greg asked me and I nodded. "Still staying with Reedus I take it?" He pushed and I nodded again. "You're gonna hear shit.... bad shit.... about him. But he is a really great guy. He's just....."

"Dark and twisty..." I finished as he snapped his fingers and nodded.

"Just like you kid." He reflected. "I guess I can cancel the apartment search for now?"

"I dunno. It's all a little fast...." I answered honestly as he nodded more.

"I'll keep an eye out.... just in case." He turned the machine on high and held it up to his face for a moment, cursing the late may humidity. "For what its worth.... I have known you separately for many years and if I was gonna set you up with someone- he is who I would chose. Don't chase him off."

"I'll do my best." I muttered, watching as Thomas stuck his head in, saw me and left again. "Do me a favor and talk to your team. They aren't too happy im here." I mentioned and he frowned.

"They actually got ballsy and said something to you?" He asked and I nodded. "I will handle it."

"Maybe invite them to the thing tonight. They seem to think they are the help and not allowed to interact with actors and other staff."

"Its.... not... yeah. I'll handle it hon."

Just want you to know you are my light in the dark. Miss you already. I texted Norm, smiling at my words. Hoping I didn't interrupt his scene.

Miss you more ;) he replied as my smile grew, knowing he was with me- even when he wasn't.