Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Karaoke

It was after five when we wrapped for the day and I was excited about going out later. Norm and I were letting our new relationship develop at its own pace. We were not hiding anything from anyone but we were not flaunting it either. We decided together it was our life and we deserved to be happy. Social media and fans were a whole other avenue- but we would take it as it came. I was outside the makeup tent, basking in the warm sun when arms came up behind me, holding me tight to their and picking me up as I squealed. I could smell Norman's cologne the second he grabbed me so I knew it was okay.

"Got you!" He declared as my feet hit the ground again and I laughed, spinning around and shaking my head. He was still in full costume and looked.... totally filthy.

"I knew it was you. I could smell you."

"You trying to say I stink babe?" He asked as I shook my head. "Well its shower time anyway." His eyes flashed bright and his lips had a wicked smirk as he lifted me again, tossing me over his shoulder as he headed for his trailer as everyone leaving watched me squeal. I was laughing way too hard to care as he ripped open his door and closed it quickly behind us. We barely made it to the sofa before his shirt was being pulled off his body. "Get naked." He told me as I nodded, pulling off my long sleeve shirt, pushing my leggings off my body as he pulled me to my feet, his lips against mine as we noisily made our way to the small shower, the cold water blasting down as our naked bodies fumbled under the stream.

*********************************************************

I curled my blonde hair in big sections, accenting my face. My makeup was done dramatically with smoky black eyes and deep red lip stain. I had pulled leather pants onto my body along with high heeled boots, a tight black shirt that tied down the front and did amazing things for my breasts. If we were going out- I wanted to look good. Chances were- pictures would be taken. Maybe even a picture of Norman and I- so I really went all out. I wasn't shallow by any means, but I hated looking like a swamp monster in paparazzi pictures.

I walked downstairs and watched Norms jaw drop, drinking in the sight of me before him. He was on the phone with his agent still but quickly hung up as he approached me, kissing me softly.

"You look...... wow." He stated, his cheeks a deep shade of pink as he looked down at me, causing me to chuckle. "I so don't deserve you."

"Shut up." I pushed him playfully as I looked at him, dark jeans, black shirt, leather jacket and boots. He had no idea how wrong he was, and I didn't mean because appearance wise we looked good together. "You are the only one that does deserve me." I stated as I pulled him close, kissing him deeply.

Pulling out my phone I took a few pictures of us together, fighting the urge to share my happiness with the world as he kissed me. We headed out to his truck, smoking as we headed to the bar. We got stopped as we got out of the vechile, once from Daryll fans and twice from a Marina Brink fan- my name as the lead singer in my band In This Moment. I took pictures with the teenage girls and their mom, smiling as I noticed Norm watching me as he tossed his butt on the ground.

Inside we held hands as we made our way to the big reserved section where everyone was already gathered, talking loudly while drinking various alcoholic beverages. "You're late!" Stephen said loudly as we walked in as I shrugged in response.

"This girl had to stop and greet her adoring fans." Norm told him as I sat down next to Lauren, hugging her hello.

"It was Norm im sure. Hes always in a parking lot signing something..." Gale chimed in and I shook my head- watching as he went and sat next to Andy, laughing at them as more people agreed. I looked down the table to see Thomas and Becca- sitting with Chandler and Greg, deep in conversation. It made me happy to know they were here. Just maybe, work tomorrow would be more pleasant.

"What ya drinking?" Stephen asked me and I shrugged.

"I'll go with ya. I know what she likes..." Norman told him with a wink to me while they headed to the bar.

"He likes you." Lauren whispered in my ear as I watched him walk away, smiling as he looked back at me before disappearing around the corner. "And I think.... I think you like him too."

"Shush you." I scolded her with a laugh. "How much have you had to drink?"

"Enough to see there's something going on between you two..." she answered loudly, shushing herself as several people looked her way. "Sorry." She moaned, holding her head down as I giggled.

"It's fine." I reassured her, taking my rum and coke from Norm as he placed it in front of me, kissing my cheek. He went around the table, sitting with Andy and Stephen again, getting lost in conversation. "It's good. I like it."

"He hasn't dated since I met him. Like five years...." she replied quietly. "This is werid."

An hour had passed since we arrived and some people left. I made my way down to Thomas and Becca, chatting with them about makeup and zombies with Greg. We seemed to be getting along a lot better now that I stood my ground with them- or maybe it was just the effects of the alcohol.

My phone screen lit up with a text on the table and Becca read it before I could pick it up. You really do look stunning tonight. In case I'm an ass and didn't tell you. I seriously can't keep my eyes off of you. Becca and I locked eyes for a moment as the screen went dark.

I excused myself, grabbing my phone and heading outside to smoke, flashing Norman a look as I passed him. The darkness brought a cold breeze along with it and I shivered as I stood in the parking lot- twenty feet or so from the door and lit my smoke, shoving my lighter in my bra so I wouldn't lose it, pack empty and discarded in the trashcan.

The door opened and I expected to see Norm but instead there was Becca, frowning as she approached me.

"So.... thats how you got the job right? You've been sleeping with a cast member!" She shrieked as I stood there, no knowing where the anger was coming from. The door opened again, Norman and Greg coming out to smoke but she either didn't see them... or didn't care.

"You know... I looked you up. Your daddy was a rockstar who killed himself when you were a baby... your husband was a Rockstar who committed suicide and killed your daughter in the process.... you take your clothes off for money and sing about being a whore. I dont care how good you are at this job- you are a shitty person!" She screamed in my face as I sighed deeply, tossing my cigarette and punching her straight in the face, feeling her nose crack as my fist connected to her soft features. She stumbled back as both men ran over to us, Norm pulling me back as I swung again, grazing her in the jaw- blood shooting out from her puckered lips. Gregs jaw dropped as he stood there, flabbergasted at both her behavior and my right hook.

"Shh... babe.... shhh...." Norms calm voice echoed in my mind as my body shook, tears flowing down my face as I heard more voices around us. He was still holding me from behind, my arms pinned down to my body by his strong grip.

"Do you need to go to the hospital?" Greg asked Becca and she shook her head, flipping me off and heading to her car, screaming profanities out the window as she drove away.

"Fuck Greg. We should cast her. She can punch zombie heads off!" Stephen joked as I shook myself away from Norman's body, picking my cigarette up off the pavement and inhaling deeply.

"You okay?" Greg asked me calmly and I nodded, looking down at my fist, moving my fingers around. It would hurt but it was worth it. I would do it again in an instant. "I'm sorry kid. I talked to her. She seemed okay..." his voice quieted as Andy approached me, pulling me into an unsolicited bear hug.

"Am I fired?" I asked Greg, causing him to shake his head. "Alright well.... I need another shot. She ruined my buzz!" I declared as several people laughed. I just wanted to forget the bitch said anything.