Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

About Last Night

It was nearly dark when we wrapped for the day and I was completely dead on my feet. We worked twelve straight hours before breaking for lunch- back at it again we couldn't shoot anymore. I lost my zombie count at sixty two. Norman was on location shooting so I hadn't seen him since we parted ways at quarter to five in the morning. Greg told me at lunch he had wrapped him for the day at noon, so I was hopeful his mood improved. Both of us were exhausted and I wrote our moods last night to be just that.

I was coming out of the makeup trailer when I saw him, beaming a bright smile as he approached me. "You done for the day babe?" He asked and I nodded. "Good. I got a suprise for you." He smirked, kissing me deeply and holding me close.

"Lemme check in with Greg and grab my stuff okay?" I asked as he took my hand in his, walking in with me. "Hey, what time you need me tomorrow?" I asked as Greg greeted us.

"Your on location with Reedus for next two days so check with Mike and Gale. Or just ask him." He joked as Norm shrugged his shoulders.

"Its late... noon i think. They wanna get the woods ready first." He told us as Greg nodded.

"I am here at five then.... a-fucking-gain. Noon D. Ill see you two tomorrow. Get some sleep." He waved as we left, Norms arm around my back as we walked out to the parking lot.

"Where's your bike?" I asked as he frowned, looking around with me.

"Shit. Where did it go?! What the fuck!" He yelled loudly. "Dammit!" He contuined, as I looked around again.

"Want me to grab security?" I asked and he sighed, chuckling.

"I just remembered... I forgot it at home." He told me, my jaw dropping.

"Are you drunk?" I asked him as he laughed. "Then how are we getting home?"

"Here. Drive us." He chucked me a set of keys and I missed them, frowning at my failure as I picked them up from the gravel. I looked around for his truck and frowned. I hit the unlock button and car lights came on behind me, making me jump as I turned around.

"Is this a.... is this.... Norm.... did you just buy this?!" I asked as he nodded. I approached it quickly, running my fingers over the sparkling red paint, screaming in my head. "I have a serious hardon for muscle cars. This one is fancy.." I shrieked and he chuckled.

"You love it?" He asked and I nodded. "Happy Birthday." He added, kissing my cheek and my jaw dropped.

"It's not my.... its only the.... oh shit. Friday's my birthday baby!" I laughed, suprised I didn't remember something that used to matter to me. "You bought me a car.... for my birthday...." I asked as he nodded. "Thank you!" I said excitedly, jumping into his arms.

"It's also an... I'm sorry I was late picking you up last night and being a total dick to you and it will definitely happen again gift but... happy birthday is shorter." He muttered and I frowned, kissing him again.

"You are forgiven." I wanted to say more... ask questions but just like that- I didnt care. It didn't matter.

Maybe thats what love is. Acceptance and Trust.

"Can I get some shots of you? Been dying to get one of you with it." He asked and I nodded, smiling as he pulled out his phone and taking a few pictures. Then he walked up and pulled me close as he took a few of us together.

"Wanna go for a ride?" I asked as he smirked, opening the passenger side door and riding shotgun.

*****************************

"You coming inside?" Norm asked as I sat outside, social media caught up as well as the hundred or so text messages and emails I have ignored since Norman came into my life.

"I just wanna stare at Jolene a moment longer..." I replied as he laughed. "Its getting cold. Think she needs a blanket?"

"Common babe..." he held out his hand as I stood and took it, walking inside to eat dinner.

"Thanks again."

"I spent a good bit of yesterday getting that for you. I was worried you were gonna online order a car after dinner last night." He chuckled but his cheeks were flush with embarrassment. "I was pretty sure it was all screwed up. Made me question everything. These scenes aren't helping my mood."

"I'm a tangible purchaser... for future reference. I can't get down with online shopping..." My voice trailed off as my phone rang and I picked it up, apologizing.

"Danielle- Its Megan. We have a PR nightmare. You're dating someone?!" She asked loudly and I smiled at Norm as I mouthed 'my manager' to him, just as his phone began ringing.

"Megan. Relax. Its private." I coddled her but it only upset her more.

"Well Danielle- its online so it's not private at all! The pictures are viral." I put her on speaker and pulled up Google, putting my name in the search bar. True to her word, images of Norman and I out to dinner the previous night appeared as well as us hugging as he greeted me today on set. I held the phone up to Norm who shrugged.

"It doesn't actually show anything. What? I'm not allowed to spend time with anyone nowadays?" I asked as Norm laughed. "I gotta go. We're eating dinner." I told her, losing interest in what she had to say.

"I hope its behind closed doors this time!" She exclaimed as I hung up on her.

"Well.... my manager is pissed." I told him with a chuckle.

"Whatever. So is mine. This is what we pay um for... right?" He asked as I nodded, taking a bite of my food.

***********************************************

We were both asleep by ten and up by six- despite being able to sleep in. We spent two hours having incredible mind blowing sex, several times, to start the the day right. Purposely, due to managers, we left our phones on silent in the kitchen.

"We are low on food.... lower on coffee." I pouted as I tried making coffee and couldn't. "Wanna go grocery shopping?' I asked as he scoffed.

"Does anyone?"

"Well... I haven't done it in years. But hon... Mingus is coming tomorrow- we should have something in the house, right?"

"You got a point. Let's head out, get coffee on the way." He winked. "Lets take the truck for space."

We stopped in a cute bakery, ordering lattes and muffins, full on pda the whole time. I was in such a good mood, I didn't want to hold back. We horseplayed thru the store and left with way too much stuff- most of it we had never seen before. This small town was great for being out in- no one really seemed to care.

"Its crazy how I can't go into a Starbucks in the city. Here- nobody cares." I laughed, enjoying the morning. "How is it only ten in the morning?"

"Today is gonna wreck us. Wanna go home and nap?" He asked and I nodded, knowing damn well we would never sleep as the ran his fingers up my thigh, teasing me in the exact way to get me going. "I'd pull over right here but apparently.. someone is watching us." He joked as he took my hand in his, kissing my fingers.

He pulled into the driveway, the gate already open. As we passed the trees and approached the house the black car from yesterday was parked out front- the thin girl sitting on the steps, something in her hand i couldn't make out.

"Babe- call 9-1-1, then call Greg. Tell them Ambers here. With a gun." He stated flatly, getting out of the truck.