Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Just... Stop

"Get back in the truck Norm!" I pleaded as he got out, approaching Amber as she stood, gun still at her side while I did what he asked, giving the dispatcher the address and the situation. I then hung up and called Greg- panicking as Norm stood in front of the psycho.

The conversation wasn't going well. Her hand was beginning to shake as tears rolled down her face and I sat there in shock for several moments before getting out of the truck myself- despite Norm's protests not to.

"Amber. You don't know me and I don't know you. But let's talk about it." I pleaded as she shook her head irratically. I stopped beside Norm, logistically figuring out how to take this bitch down if she raised the gun, but she was too far to tackle without Norm getting hurt.

"Couldn't be with anyone for more than a night huh?! Can't see yourself settling down huh?!" She shook the gun, taking a step towards us as she sobbed. "YOU HAVE KNOWN EACH OTHER FOR A WEEK. A FUCKING WEEK!" She screamed, raising the gun and pointing it at Norman as I trembled in anger and fear. "I knew you for four years. FOUR FUCKING YEARS we flirted and joked and shared a connection. FOUR YEARS. It took me THAT LONG to get you in bed... You were SUPPOSED to realize you loved me. AND YOU JUST MOVED ON?!" She screamed out in pain, just as the sirens began shouting our way. Amber frowned, shaking her head as she turned, the gun pointed right at my heart.

"Don't hurt her..." he choked out, grabbing my hand tightly as she frowned, shaking her head and redirecting it back to him.

"If I can't be with you... neither can she!" She hollared as she cried harder, her gaze at his hand on mine instead of where the gun was pointed. I watched her finger go on the trigger; the sirens grew to deafening levels as she closed her eyes.

It was now or never.

"I love you." I confessed loudly, pulling my hand from his and shoving him with all my might. We both fell sideways just as the gun went off. I felt something burning my shoulder as I toppled on Norms body and I could hear Amber wailing as the police sirens lit up the trees.

*************************************************

I woke up in a hospital room, Norman laying in bed to my left, snoring quietly- blood on his white shirt. Lauren sat in the chair beside the bed to my right,, holding my hand and looking at her phone. I tried pulling my hand away and she looked up, smiling softly.

"Hey you." She said gently.

"I missed work..." I groaned, my voice cracked and dry.

"When you take a bullet for Daryll... the whole cast and crew gives you a pass. We start shooting again Tuesday. Greg is hiring some new people, Gale is upping security. Its all gonna be okay sweetie. Lemme go grab the doctor." She stood up, reaching over me and nudging Norman, pointing to me as his eyes opened then left the room.

"You took a bullet for me." His voice was so soft, his face expressionless. "You crazy bitch... you took a bullet for me."

"I took a bullet for you." I shrugged, groaning from the pain on my right side.

"Why?" He asked and I frowned.

"Because now that I have this... I literally can't live without you. So, I took a bullet."

"If you would've died..." he snuggled into me, kissing my lips. "I wouldn't of made it. I love you too."

The doctor came in with Lauren, explaining that they removed the bullet, they stopped the bleeding and repaired the bone fracture. I would need to stay overnight and wear a sling on my right arm for two weeks.

"Good thing im left handed..." I chuckled as Lauren shook her head.

"Least now we have a cool story to tell people about how we knew we would be together forever." Norm whispered in my ear, kissing my cheek.

*****************************************************

Lauren dropped me and Norm off at the house the following morning around noon, promising to come by later and drop off dinner- despite my constant protests not to. I stopped by the steps, staring at the large pool of blood on the pavement.

"Hey, common. I'll clean that up in a minute." He whispered, taking my hand and leading me inside.

"What happened to Amber?" I asked and he shrugged.

"The police tackled her- i was a little preoccupied worrying about my girlfriend honestly." Norm looked at me, kissing my fingers. "I gotta leave in a few minutes and pick Ming up from the airport. You gonna be okay alone? You wanna come? We can grab dinner in Altanta."

I shook my head, sitting on the sofa and petting Eye as he jumped up on my lap, meowing loudly. "I'll just sleep honestly hon. Spend time with your son. I don't wanna intrude."

"I would feel safer if you weren't alone...." He told me as he sat on the table in front of me and took my hand in his.

"I'm okay. I can handle myself." I promised him, flashing him a big smile. "I wanna shower... get the blood out of my hair before I meet him."

"I dunno. Kind of like the red tips. Gives ya character." He laughed as I scrunched my nose up at him.

"I'll take that under consideration Reedus."

*********************************************

It was dinnertime when Norm got back. Lauren and I just finished making fish tacos, she demanded they were Mingus favorite food when he came down last summer.

While he was gone I got a shower, wrapping my wound with plastic wrap so it wouldn't get wet and did my best one handed. I called my mom who was in absolute hysterics because she heard about the shooting on prime time news, following the story with the relationship bomb from TMZ. She made me promise I would visit in two weeks time or she was coming down here to kick my ass, as she put it.

"Danielle right?" A very handsome blonde teenage boy asked the second he walked in the door, dropping his bags soon as I nodded. He pulled me into a bone crushing hug for several seconds as I hugged him back with my one good arm. "Im sorry... umm.. im Mingus. Thank you. For my dad, ya know?" He asked and I nodded.

"Anytime." I said with a smile, looking up to see Norman standing in the doorway with a satisfied smirk on his face. "Lauren and I made fish tacos for dinner." I told them as Mingus cheered.

"Sounds epic. Laur, did you make that spicy coleslaw for them?" Mingus asked, bending down to scratch Eye and she nodded. "Cool I'm starving."

We ate in the unused dining room, the four of us talking about life, catching up. "My mom kinda freaked when the TMZ article came out- I just laughed cause Dad told me about dating Danielle like... the second or third day she was here. Then she sat me down all upset to tell me someone tried to kill my dad and I'm like yeah mom I know. Dad called me two hours ago and told me everything. You really gotta catch up." Mingus told us laughing and I just smiled, Norm blushing as he listened to his son.

"So she calls me right- cussing up a storm about how my child shouldn't know your personal business and I just laughed- which ya know- pissed her off more. I'm just like Helena look.... he's fourteen years old. Then she threw a fit about Dani being here.. can you believe that shit?"

"Have you ever introduced Ming to someone you were...." Lauren stopped talking as Mingus eyes grew wide for her to finish the sentence.

"Nope. She's the first...." Norm replied, biting into his food and smiling at me while he chewed.

"I kinda celebrity stalked you... not gonna lie. I thought you were a badass before you took a bullet for my dad. Now that you've saved his life- I'll marry you in four years if he doesn't." He joked, earning laughs from everyone. "You didn't go in my room right?" He asked suddenly, his smile dropping as he looked at his dad while we both shook our heads no. "Thats good. Ok. I'll be right back..." he exclaimed, jumping up and running up the steps.

"Uhh... what's in his room?" Lauren asked and Norman chuckled.

"He.... may.... have a poster of my girlfriend on his wall in almost nothing. Maybe.... probably."

"Umm...." Lauren, wide eyed stared at me as my face turned red.

"Well... I have modeled for playboy, inked magizine.... hustler..."

"Oh god no! No, not those. I have those, not him. Jesus..." Norm laughed uncomfortably. "Its the In This Moment poster for adrenlize. I took him to a show in Atlanta two years back- he got it there. The.... black leather with the...."

"Oh... thats kinda dirty too..." I muttered, Lauren still staring at me.

"I feel like we need to be best friends. You do what...?" She asked as I chuckled. "You're lead singer in a rock band... pose for playboy and your doing zombie makeup?"

"Hold up. Norm is an actor, model, resturant owner, mechanic, artist...." I responded as she shrugged.

"You forgot about asshole. Im an asshole." Norm added as Ming came back downstairs. "All good buddy?" He asked as Mingus nodded, cheeks still bright red.