Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Gangsta Rap

The morning came and went as we did a whole lotta nothing. Ming was growing restless so they went out to the local arcade while I straightened up the house. I was thankful his son was so accepting of me but I still didn't wanna crash his alone time. It was a little bizarre to think about Kailee being fourteen. It would of been the best experience- getting to watch her grow up. Today I was okay. Today I could think about her and not cry.

I was blaring music from my car stereo, rap blasting as I chainsmoked while I sat on the porch and worked on a drawing of a zombie I wanted to create for the horde. The guys pulled up, Norm frowning as he sat down beside me while Ming carried pizzas into the house for dinner.

"First a shooting.... now gangster rap. This used to be a quiet neighborhood..." he joked, hand gesturing to the miles of trees around us as I laughed. "Come in and eat babe. Mingus has a movie to show us." He stood and paused, looking down at what I was doing. "Picture is fucking wicked. You're so fucking talented." He boasted, kissing my head as he passed me.

'"Can you turn off my car?" I asked and he nodded, jumping down the four concrete steps, his knees cracking loudly as he landed and I couldn't help but laugh as he looked back at me suprised.

"What's so funny?" He asked, trying to walk it off.

"You're falling apart on me Reedus. Your knees okay?"

"Like you could do better!" He challenged and I quickly got up and went to the top step, jumping and clearing them in one motion, raising my eyebrow at him.

"With one arm... perfect balance." I bragged as he flipped me off.

"Thats not fair.... you're way younger than me!" He bitched and I frowned.

"Not.... really....." I told him and he looked up for a moment, like he often does when he is deep in thought, trying to figure some shit out. "94.....04.... 14... plus three..." he muttered to himself as I stood there, hand on my hip.

"You are what? Twenty three... maybe? I'm almost fifty."

"In what world do you think i'm possibly twenty three? So I got married when I was fourteen? Pregnant at thirteen?!" I sighed, brushing my hair out of my face as I shook my head at his assumption. "Norm! For your information I am 34. I was eleven when Kurt died... if you were using his death as your calculator just now- which is horrible by the way. My name is NOT Frances. That bitch Courtney is NOT my mom." He nodded, looking guilty as he stood before me- as if finally understanding. "Just ask me, I'm not afraid to talk about him. You being twelve years older than me doesn't bug me a bit. Does my age bother you?"

"Nope. Its why I never brought it up before." He pulled me close, kissing me. "Its pretty great you have full memories of your dad."

"One day ill tell you all about it. Dave Ghrol is my uncle so... just know if you hurt me- once I'm done kicking your ass hes coming for you next."

"Dully noted..." he chuckled.

********************************************

Norman slept in Sunday morning as Mingus and I hung out downstairs, taking turns showing each other videos on YouTube as we laughed our ass off. I was throughly enjoying his company- knowing i would miss him when he left tonight.

"Do you have any pictures of the walkers you have done so far? You don't post them on your instagram."

"That's cause I'll get fired." I replied laughing. "I'll show you.. just keep it between us." I added with a wink as I pulled out my phone, unlocking it, pausing for just an instant on my background- the image of Norms fingers on my stomach. I opened my gallery, clicking on the Walkers folder and began scrolling thru them as we settled on the sofa, Eye sleeping between us.

"Oh god. Gross!" He commented at the rotting, Skeleton puss zombies from my first day at work. I kept scrolling, pictures I took of the forty extras standing in line to get turkey sandwiches had Ming cracking up. I showed him the location pictures of Abraham and Sasha in town, the zombie I did stuck behind glass and the one Greg and I did stuck on a pole. There was a couple of Lauren and I as well as one of Andy and I that gave him a chuckle and it ended with the picture Lauren took of Norm and I kissing in the dark, barely visible that its us, the moon glowing behind us.

"Uhh.. sorry." I chuckled nervously as I put my phone down.

"He really loves you ya know?" Ming told me and I nodded. " I know I'm just a kid and it's not my place to say.... but I see why. And I already love you too."

"Aww Ming..." I whispered, hugging him with my functional arm.

"I'm serious. I'm sorry you got shot.. but your stuck with us both now. Protecting you. Thanks for keeping him alive. He doesn't always wanna.." He quit talking as his eyes welled up and he sniffed a little as we heard Norm come into the room. He was shirtless, looking absolutely amazing as he stood there smiling at us.

"I'm gonna go smoke Ming. Set up that game you were telling me about. Let's play for a bit."

"Ok D. Thanks for hanging out all morning!" He said excitedly as I nodded, standing up and heading towards Norm, kissing his lips briefly.

"Hey bud, imma head out to smoke. Be right back." Norm told his son as he nodded, following me outside. "Is there coffee?" He asked me once we were alone and I nodded.

"Want me to get you some?" I asked, he shook his head in response. "Okay...." I shrugged as I laid my head on his bare arm.

"Happy Birthday baby." He said softly, kissing my head. "I was planning this big thing for you but then.... yeah I don't know if you still feel up to it."

"Thank you. Mingus asked me to ride to Atlanta with you tonight. He gave me a stuffed animal he won at the arcade yesterday as a present. Made a little sling for its arm. It was sooo sweet." I told him as I showed him the picture of the white teddy bear on my phone. "I love your son so much."

"He loves you too. We both do. So much." He told me, carefully putting an arm around me. "Birthday dinner in Atlanta it is then." He kissed my lips, smiling as it ended.