Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Curtains

I awoke in a bedroom I didn't recognize and had a momentary panic sweep over my body as I shot straight up. Black comforter over my bare skin, the space beside me empty and cold. Black curtains over the windows with tiny shreds of light peeking from the edges let me know the day had arrived. I stood slowly, my head pounding from a nasty hangover as I pulled back the curtain- the world outside bustling with energy and sound. I looked around the room once more, pictures of Norm and Mingus thru the years were framed on the wall beside a closed door. Another door was opened- revealing a bathroom. Large framed art of Daryll Dixon hung on the other bedroom walls which, from previous conversations, I assumed was fan art. I looked around the room some more- locating sweatpants on the floor and a t-shirt on the dresser so I pulled them on and freshened up in the bathroom before venturing into the rest of the brownstone.

I went downstairs, following the dark wooden floors and deep black walls, stopping occasionally to enjoy a photo on the wall or artwork hanging, thru the large living room to the large open kitchen dining room area. This place was immaculate- not even a speck of dust I could see.

I could smell coffee so I walked up to the counter to find a cup with a note inside, smiling to myself as I read it.

Went to go pick up Ming. Coffees brewed, cigarettes on table on balcony thru the sliding glass door in kitchen and your phone is on charge in living room. Xoxo

I poured some coffee, grabbed my phone and went out to the private patio- lighting a cigarette and kicking my feet up in the chair in front of me- enjoying the morning air. I couldn't remember getting here last night but I did sort of remember sex in the huge jacuzzi tub I saw in the bathroom.

The Howard Stern interview clip was up on social media and I laughed, reading comments and enjoying all the crazies and their wild theories. I learned a long time ago that people are just gonna talk- what was the point of letting them get to me. Keyboard warriors were not worth my trouble.

I opened Instagram and posted a picture of my view- two pigeons hanging out on the railing and then another- one i have been dying to post but was waiting- the photo of Norm and I that Lauren took in the moonlight, tagging him and captioning it with a heart.

"Dani!" Mingus said excitedly as he opened the sliding glass door and stepped outside. "We brought breakfast!"

"Hey Ming! I'll be in- give me like five minutes ok?" I asked and he nodded.

"I have to go home at five... but you wanna play some more of the game? I brought it if you wanna..."

"Absolutely. After we eat ok?" I reassured him and he went to go set up as Norm came out- sunglasses over his eyes, ball cap on his head, cigarette between his lips.

"He was blowing up my phone soon as you fell asleep. I can't believe you're up already. I left the note... just in case." He told me, lifting up my legs and sitting in front of me, putting them on his lap. "You're wearing my clothes?" He asked with a smirk.

"It's what I could find. My heads pounding and I can't remember getting here last night." I muttered, shielding my eyes from the sun to look at him as I talked to him. "But thanks babe."

"You see the picture I posted this morning?"

"Not yet. Did you see mine?"

"Just like two seconds ago when I got inside. That the one Lauren sent us?" He asked and I nodded. "Imma see if I can use it in my book. It's good."

"So are we." I winked, looking thru my feed till I stopped on Norms post. The first picture was us, in the back of his truck, he was kissing my cheek as I smiled, stars behind us. The second picture was one of me sleeping, curled up to him as he kissed my head. The third stopped my breath for just a moment- it was a black and white photo of the blood on the pavement- but the blood was red. As I read the caption a tear rolled down my cheek. I am a man of few words but i will tell you: first picture- When I knew I loved her/ Second pic-When I knew she loved me too/ Third pic-When I knew I couldn't live without her. Please give us privacy as we heal and grow. She has changed my life in a profound way. Be happy. I am.

"Guess you saw it?" He asked as he rubbed my leg while I nodded, reading it again. "For the record on our night we ate street tacos, took a very sexy bath and you passed out. I cleaned the house and got Ming. I am exhausted."

"I love you so much..." I told him quietly "Go nap- imma hang with Ming."

"You sure?" He asked and I nodded, getting up and kissing his lips.