Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Workaholic

I awoke with a groan to a pounding on my door. I cursed loudly, picking up my phone to see it was almost noon. Whoever it is can fuck themselves. I closed my eyes but the pounding began once more and after a sigh I got up and walked to the door, opening it angrily.

"Babe..... is that how you greet everyone?!" My best friend Brian, best known as Marilyn Manson to the world, greeted me as he looked down at my naked body.

"Shut up." I responded with a smirk, leaving him in the doorway as I went back to my room to find clothes. I quickly pulled a hoodie and a pair of panties on then went into my kitchen, grabbing my cigarettes and lighting one. Brian followed suit- watching me as I hopped onto the counter. "Whats up? When did you get to town?"

"This morning. You know you were my first stop. How you doing with...." he stopped speaking, watching my face intently. I avoided his eyes and pulling smoke just a litter harder from my cancer stick. "OK. New topic. I brought cocaine!" He said excitedly and I looked up, grinning.

My hero.

***********************************************

"I hate this house. I contemplate burning it to the ground every night as I drink myself to sleep...." I admitted, shaking my head as I took a bite of the lo mein Brian ordered. "I'll do it one day. With me in it..."

"Don't say shit like that. I'll never leave. Fuck my show tonight. I'll stay here and save you from yourself. You're freaking me out." He exclaimed. "But to be honest D... you answer the door naked and you will end up on an episode of SVU." He joked, shoving my shoulder.

"Maybe I knew it was you... did you ever think of that?" I asked him and he frowned.

"Did you?" He asked and I giggled, shaking my head and doing a line, feeling the instant euphoria from the drug. "You wanna come to the show tonight?"

"Yeah. Lemme get dressed." I said- suddenly full of energy.

"Good. I'll pay you. I need a new look tonight. Bring your kit. Im thinking..... blood." He winked as I got up and headed to my room smirking.

Brian and I met fifteen years ago when I was hired as a makeup person for his mechanical animals music video and I have done his makeup ever since for all music videos, interviews and stills. He loves my creative input to his music and I love what a wonderful shitshow he has always been. Smart, funny, insane and career drug user; he has been a consistent madman in my life.

I grabbed my kit, threw on a short black dress, fishnet stockings, knee high boots and a black choker on my neck. I walked back to the living room and Brian whistled, standing up and smiling. "Girl, come here- we are taking pictures!" He exclaimed and I chuckled, wrapping my arm around his neck and kissing his cheek while he took a selfie- posting it immediately for the whole world to see.