Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Rock Show

Norm's P.O.V.

I stood beside Danielle as she hugged person after person the second we arrived backstage. I was keeping my cool but this was pretty far out of my element. Dani introduced me to musician after musician- everyone seemed to pull me in for a hug right after her. I couldn't help but smile as she boasted to person after person- she was completely in her element.

"Hey man! Good to see you in person." Marilyn Manson approached me, shaking my hand with a strong grip. "How was Linda last night?" He asked, referring to our night at her moms.

"Not terrible..." I replied as he frowned.

"I doubt that." He replied with a laugh. "I'm gonna go sign some shit. I'll be back." He walked off as I watched Dani pull a teenage boy into a bone crushing hug for several minutes, followed by what I assumed to be his dad- front man for Slipknot, Corey Taylor.

"You. Look. Stunning." Corey boasted, letting her go and checking her out. "Hey. I'm Corey." He added, shaking my hand. "Really fucking good to meet you."

"You too man." I answered, slightly overwhelmed at the amount of people. "Imma go smoke.." I told Dani and she pointed to the area out back for me to do that. Now I know how she felt as she met person after person on set.

I breathed deeply once I was alone, pulling my hat down on my head and lighting my cigarette- watching the people walk around- busy at work. The show wouldn't start for a while but people were running around like they were late for something.

"Hey man can I bum a light?" I heard a familiar voice say and I looked up to see Chester- the guy from Linkin Park. We had met a few times at comic-cons. He was a major nerd. I held out the lighter for him to use before pocketing it again, leaning back against the building.

"How ya been?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Got out of rehab six hours ago.... got high on the plane. So... good." He joked. "Danielle will give me hell about it but... its how it is." I nodded, trying to understand her world better. "How is she doing. Really?"

"She's good. Happy." He smiled, nodding his head.

"She deserves it."

"You two talking shit about me?" Dani asked, coming outside with Corey.

"No ma'am just getting to know this guy right here!" Chester replied, patting me on the arm as I smirked.

"I mean.... we have all seen ya naked D. You're in good company.." Corey commented, earning him a punch to the arm. "You're gonna hurt yourself. Seriously." He told her as she held her shoulder and walked back inside.

"Wait. I've never..." Chester began and shrugged as Corey laughed.

"Bro... you missed out. She's fucking happy now. But damn..." Corey replied as I cleared my throat, tossing my cigarette on the ground. "Oh shit... I didn't mean anything by it man. I'm a dick. I'm sorry." He muttered to me as Chester snickered, walking inside. "It was ancient history. Really."

"It's ok. Really." I told him, walking inside.

******************************************************

I sat on the patio, looking up at the stars and recalling the night I had. Everyone was beyond accepting of me and they all had nothing but good things to say about Dani. I heard stories of her compassion, strength and friendship from everyone. Many told me stories of her late husband and how he abused her- most of them seemed to be sizing me up to ensure that wasn't my deal. A few people told me stories about her as a kid- touring with her dad and how they were so thrilled she was in a good place after her tragedy.

"Hey, I'm all packed. Did you wanna head to the airport?" She asked, standing in the doorway- her wet hair framing soft features perfectly.

"Nah. I called Greg. We don't shoot till the evening. We can leave in the morning. I booked us a flight at six." I told her, holding out my hand for her to come closer. She smiled as I kissed her fingers, pulling her gently into my lap.

"Oh thank God. I'm exhausted." She laid her forehead against mine, smiling at me. "Did you have fun tonight?"

"Well... it wasn't dinner at your mothers levels of awkward..."

"Seriously... I felt like I ignored you all night I was so busy. I feel shitty about it." She said sadly, tears in her eyes. "I have been accused of being a self absorbed person who doesn't give the right attention to...." I stopped her, putting a finger to her lips, shaking my head.

"You are the farthest thing from it. Don't worry about me. Not one bit. I liked seeing you all half naked and singing your heart out. Stern wasn't lying- you have four hundred guys looking out for you."

"I don't know how to have a healthy relationship Norm. I'm trying...." she whispered, wiping tears from her eyes.

"Someone told me you organize that show every year. It's pretty incredible."

"We all got something we need to heal from, ya know?" She asked standing up. "Since we have the night alone.... come get in bed with me. I brought handcuffs..... and a blindfold." She smirked, pulling off her tank top and heading inside.