Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Dirt Thief

I pulled onto set at noon, running up to Lauren and hugging her for as long as she could take it. Norm stayed home to sleep till his five pm call time but I just couldn't wait to get back to work.

"Girl I missed you so much!" She said excitedly. "Dinner, tomorrow night. Just us. I need all the details."

"Count me in!"

"Alright, I gotta run. Greg will be thrilled to see you- its just him and the new guy in there." I nodded, heading off to the makeup tent. It was a particularly hot day so I decided on shorts and a tanktop- my wound now covered by a large bandaid. Greg beamed as soon as I walked inside- pointing to the girl he was working on.

"Gross right?" He asked as I walked up and examined her open wounds with the bones sticking out, her intestines hanging down.

"Definitely gross." I chuckled. "I thought you weren't doing zombies till five?"

"Fucking weather is calling for a storm later. I swear we are never on schedule. We shoot the last two episodes this week and next, then a little of the first episode of season seven. We are almost there... barring any more gun weilding psychopaths." He added with a smirk. "Danielle- you know Kevin?" He pointed to the person ten feet from us, working on far shot walkers. He looked back at us and smirked as I smiled and nodded.

"Hey trouble!" I laughed, walking up and hugging him. "Kev and I go way back."

"Girl, when I found out you were here- I was like where do I sign!" He exclaimed. "This girl would spend hours perfecting every kill... drove me nuts till I saw the playback- then I told my boyfriend at the time- shes my new bff." I smiled at his story, remembering how we used to clash heads. We are so catching up later!"

"Dani, is Norm here?" Andy asked me as he walked into the tent and I shook my head.

"He's home till five. We have insonmia i guess... we never sleep. Just stay up all hours.... watching for bears." I joked with him as he rolled his eyes.

"Well.... it's good you're vigilant." He responded with a smirk. "I'm just missing my friend. He's always busy with you." He whined.

"I'm going out to dinner with Lauren tomorrow. Why don't you see if he wants to do something?" I suggested and he nodded and thanked me as he sat down at my station.

"I need to go get fucked up by the saviors. Fuck me up."

****************************************************

"Can you believe its almost ten?!" Kevin asked me as we cleaned up the tent. "You are so loved here already girl."

"I love this job... and the people." I told him, walking to the trailer to put things away.

"Well you are shaking up with Mr Dixon right? How is that going?" He asked quietly and I smiled. "Is this a real relationship? It's serious?"

"If he asked me to marry him I wouldn't hesitate when I said yes." I told him, swallowing hard. "I am very, very in love with him."

"Girl.... I have never seen you talk about anyone.." he frowned, feeling my head. "This isn't you. Are you okay?"

"I'm great." I laughed.

We stepped outside into the cool night air and I shivered- not ready to cover my skin from the break of heat we had all day. Kevin and I worked on a ton of music videos together, as well as a dozen or so movies. He met me years before Mark and most recently we worked alongside one another on AHS. He always reminded me he was a great friend because he was Jewish, African American and a homosexual.

"Hey beautiful. Where have you been hiding?" Norm asked, still in full Daryll costume, approaching me with a smile.

"I'm married but say the word...." Kevin muttered as Norm kissed my lips gently as I tried not to laugh.

"Norm.... Kevin. Kevin.... Norman Reedus." I quickly said, laughing as Kevin fanned his face. "Kevin is my makeup friend."

"The one from the story where you got the idea for....." Norm asked, looking at me as I nodded- a small O forming on his lips as he smirked, saying hello. "You hungry? Thought we could have some dinner."

"Yeah, lemme grab my bag." I told him, knowing he was gonna go shower and change. "I'll meet you in your trailer?"

"Yeah... you look dirty..." he muttered as I looked down, my tan skin flawless. I looked over at Kevin confused and back to Norman as I felt something dump all down my chest. I looked down, stage dirt was covering my white shirt and skin. Eyes wide, I turned around to see Steven laughing.

"You little shit!" I screamed, chasing after him for several seconds as he took off running. I grabbed my bag, said bye to Kevin and went into Norms trailer, pulling off my tanktop and instantly shrieking as Andy smiled.

"He had to go talk to Rob but damn! You are friendly!" He joked as Norm came in behind me- the frown on his face evident as he shut the door. I went back to the shower- peeling off my clothes and getting under the water.

Norm came in a few minutes later, my entire body shaking as he got in behind me. He touched my back and I jumped, closing my eyes tightly.

"Hey. Hey..." he quietly coaxed me as I turned around, unable to open my eyes and look at him. I was too tired to fake my way thru this. The feeling that he was going to hurt me wouldn't go away. "Babe.... it's okay..." he tried again and I looked up at him. He nodded, slowly touching me again and I manged to stand still, but I was still shaking. "What is it?"

"I didn't know Andy was in here..." I croaked and he chuckled.

"Baby I know that. And I don't care if you did know. Its not like you were naked and trying to rape him. Don't you wear a bikini?" He asked and I nodded. "Babe you posed nude a dozen times. Andy can see your tits anytime he googles you."

"You're not mad..?" I asked again and he shook his head, pulling me close and kissing my forehead. "I'm sorry. I can't stop.... I can't..." I choked out as I started crying. "You are the most patient man in the world. You don't deserve this."

"Well I mean... there's always Kevin..." he told me and I laughed, kissing his lips.