Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Cancelled

Norman's P.O.V.

The past few weeks have been a tornado but Dani and I seemed to be good storm chasers. I sent Ming home after a few days while I worked- doing some interviews in the city for my book and the upcoming season. I traveled to LA to shoot a few episodes of my show "ride" ahead of schedule- giving Dani and her sisters time to grieve and have a service for her mom. I offered to be there but she shut me out completely. Alex was out on bail- another one of Danis investments into her family. She wasn't allowed to have Nina alone so she was here all of the time now too. I stayed supportive- but my place was getting crowded and my time off from TWD was full of a lot of drama. D apologized constantly- but she was wiped out taking care of two people she only sort of knew. I was holding her together- I knew that- but I was fucking exhausted.

"Hey, who was on the phone?" She asked me as she came out of the kitchen and I sighed, staring at the back of my phone on my lap.

"My agent. I have a spot in a movie she needs me out in LA in two days." I told her honestly and watched as the fear and panic set on her face. She forced a smile, congratulatulating me, as I watched her hand tremble. Something was very wrong. I was just too tired to care. I didn't even want the job, honestly. I just needed a break.

"Need me to pack you a bag?" She asked and I shook my head. "How long..?" Her voice was so quiet, so soft, I barely could look at her as I answered.

"Six weeks."

"Oh." She nodded, throwing the white dish towel in her hand on the counter. "Well thats great. And we will still have two weeks before we head back to Georgia."

"Yeah. We will." I smiled, feeling guilty for taking the job. Wishing I hadn't but the guilt I was feeling was nothing compared to what it would be if she knew how I ended up with the job in the first place.

********************************************

Danielle's P.O.V.

"Dani?" Ming said quietly as I answered the phone at two in the morning, frowning immediately. Something didn't sound right... feel right. The judge awarded Alex take my Nina home a week ago- charges against her dropped... Norm wasn't due back for two days. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder but him and I had barely spoken since he left. Part of me wanted to ask- the rest of me didn't want it to be a fight. And if he was breaking it off with me because I'm mental- i really didn't want to know. "Dani? Are you there?" Ming asked and I nodded as I answered him.

"Yeah buddy whats up?" I asked, wondering why he was calling me this time of night.

"Nina called me. She said a bunch of werid stuff. Sent me naked pictures. I didn't wanna stress out my dad but.... are you still sick? Can I talk to you about this? My mom said we should come over and talk about this."

"I'll make some coffee." I told him gently. "Come on over."

Helena and Ming arrived twenty minutes later and she greeted me pleasantly, as always. We would never be friends but I was glad to know she approved of me around her son. Ming handed me the phone and sat on the sofa with a loud sigh.

I looked at the extremely inappropriate pictures of my baby sister in sexy lingerie - almost dropping the phone as the clothing came off revealing....

I jumped up- running to the bathroom and vomiting into the toliet- cursing my family with everything I had. Helena followed me, hand on my arm gently.

"I'm sorry sweetie. I know Norm is filming but I think we should call him. Ming is really struggling with all of this. Maybe I should of called him. I just.... well I'm sure you know his temper." I shook my head at her, rinsing my mouth with mouthwash. "Hmm. I doubt he's changed all that much." She shrugged.

"Why did she send that to Ming?" I asked, tears in my eyes.

"She told him she needed to tell someone her secret. He listened. She told him she loved him. He said he loved her. Then... pictures. We really need to call Norman." She exclaimed, visually flustered. I bent down, throwing up again as she sighed, rubbing my back.

"What secret?" I croaked and she shook her head.

"Lets get Norman home and go from there." I nodded, throwing up once more as she sighed deeply, as if I was letting her down. "First let's take care of you honey." She said soothingly.

***************************************************

Norman's P.O.V.

I walked in my house at eight in the morning and glared at Helena who was sitting on the sofa- smug smirk on her small lips. There was no sign of Mingus or Danielle but my heart had been racing- my mind panicking with five hundred different scenarios as to why my agent called me in the middle of the night to tell me Helena sent a 911 message- I was needed home immediately. Confused the shit out of her because I wrapped three days ago. She thought I was home- not at Steven's house in LA stressing about life with booze and cigarettes. I tried calling her repeatedly- Dani and Ming too but no answer.

"Where's the fucking fire Helena?!" I snapped at her, throwing down my bag, throwing my keys at her. "What the fuck is going on?!"

"I'll talk once your calm Norman." She snapped back, stupid fucking smirk never leaving her face.

"Danielle! Mingus!" I hollared up the steps, loud as I could- hoping someone would give me some answers.

"Norman stop." Helena barked but I wasn't listening. I ran up the stairs and opened Mings room to see him sound asleep, headphones in. My heart settled a bit as I opened up my bedroom door, Dani laying in bed, fast asleep.

She was so perfectly beautiful. Her skin was still so tan from Georgia, her slender fingers tucked under her chin- like a statue deep in thought. I was the luckiest man in the entire world to have this woman give me the time of day but I somewhere... along the line... forgot about that. I took her for granted. And I might lose her.

"Norm." Helena whispered, putting a hand on my arm. "Come downstairs. They are fine." I nodded, shutting the door and going back to the living room where she handed me a cup of coffee.

"Where is the fire? I was working an..."

"Lemme just cut you off right there. Your agent told me you wrapped days ago. I called you first. You didn't pick up. We have...oh god... we have a child together. So answer the phone when I call- shit for brains! Your family needed you." She frowned, taking a sip of her coffee and shook her head in disappointment. "Danis sister went back to her sister Alex. Tonight the girl called our son and told him she put bleach powder in her moms stash to kill her."

"What the fuck?" I asked, completely stunned.

"She also told him she made her sister promise if the mom came home and overdosed to not save her. She killed her mother Norm. And she told our son she did it. How she did it. Where she learned it. And after she stopped talking.. she sent him nudes."

"What the fuck?" I asked again as Helena nodded. "What did you do?"

"I wanted to wait for you but Dani called the police. She had them come. They took our sons phone- allowed him to remove all other information... but they took it. And they arrested her. And Alex because Nina said she knew about it all along. They killed their mother."

"Jesus christ." I mumbled. "How's Mingus?"

"Wouldn't leave Danielle's side. Said he's going back to Georgia with you till fall. Its fine with me. He loves that girl to death."

"And D?"

"Norm... about Danielle... she umm... she talked to me a little bit. Said when her mom died she kind of let go. Got really personal with you and feels she chased you away. She's pretty sure you're breaking up with her." I frowned, staring down into my coffee mug and hating every second of my reflection. "I know vulnerability makes you uncomfortable and wears you out. You don't want weakness. She's full of skeletons in her closet. If you are planning on ending it just rip the damn bandaid off. Quit hiding in LA."

"FUCK YOU Helena. I was working."

"No Norman you were hiding because you screwed up. I know it. You know it. So man up and be the person you pretend to be to her or go show her the monster you really are! You're a peice of shit."

"Screw you!'" I yelled, throwing my empty mug at the wall above her- shattering it all around her. She was so used to my outbursts she didn't even flinch. Cursing I got up- lighting a cigarette; my body shaking with anger. "Go fuck yourself!"

"Screw me? Screw me? Who were you screwing in LA Norm? You screwed Diane didn't you? Didn't you?! DIDNT YOU?!" She screamed, inches from my face as we glared at each other. I was not backing down from this fight- no matter how right she was.

"Why the FUCK do you care?!"

"Because your girlfriend is pregnant you stupid asshole!! And our son loves her. And you were getting better. You fell in love. Then your fairy tale got messy and you stuck your dick in my friend!"

I rolled my eyes, backing away from her and relit my cigarette, blowing smoke in her face.

"Dani's what?" I asked her quietly and she shrugged.

"I dont think she figured it out yet. She's been throwing up for weeks. Strong smells give her headaches, she wants gummy bears all hours of the day and according to our son- her boobs are bigger. Imma say pregnant. About ten weeks." Her face softened, she smiled at me and sighed in disappointment. "You stupid asshole... you made a mess of everything."

She left before I could say another word.