Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Back At It

The makeup tent was different, our stations all better equipped. Greg greeted me with a wide smile, as if we hadn't been in contact for last few months. Thomas, Becca and Kevin trickled in slowly, all greeting me warmly. Greg was willing to hire new instead of rehiring Becca but her and I talked it out in San Diego- she swore she was over the drama. I wanted her at work because she knew her shit- Greg would need someone when I went out for the baby.

We had our morning meeting and began doing makeup by seven. Kevin went to trailers to do the actors, Greg went on location and my little team powered thru walkers till lunchtime. I was in a fantastic mood- I was back to work and in my off time I have been writing music. After lunch today I am heading to Atlanta- Corey is doing a show and invited me to come do a song with him. Norm is shooting till late- along with Ming- and I was excited to hang out with my friend who I missed.

I was finishing my last guy around one p.m. when Lauren came into the trailer, making small talk while I finished. Soon as I was done she grabbed my hand, looking at me sadly.

"Ok sweetie. Norm sent me to come sit with you till he got here but hes tied up. Chester Bennington was found dead today."

"What?" I choked. "Wait... what?" I felt my heart racing as I sat down, looking at her with confusion.

"Yeah. I'm so sorry. Norman told me you guys were friends." She said softly.

"How?"

"Suicide." She nodded as I shook my head.

"I helped him write his last album while I shot AHS. This has to be a hoax." I shrugged. "I just saw him a month or two ago. He was doing so well."

"I'm so sorry. Do you want me to go get Norm?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I gotta go. I umm.... I gotta go. Tell Greg I took off okay? He knows I was leaving. I gotta work tonight."

My brain was foggy as I forced a smile, gathering up my things and going to my car- managing to avoid anyone who would want to talk to me. I pulled out on the road, heading to Atlanta. Corey should be there by the time I arrived. I glanced down as my phone rang, turning it off when I saw it was Norm. I didn't want to be coddled. I wanted to go see my friend. I turned on the radio and heard the report on three radio stations.

Chester Bennington, of Linkin Park, was found dead by suicide.

I reached down to get my phone as I hit the traffic in the city and saw Norms cigarettes. Smiling thru my tears I lit one, my lungs and brain thanking me. I know how Norm felt about this and I have been doing good- but I smoked thru my last pregnancy and Kailee came out perfectly healthy.

*************************************

I laid beside Corey, in his huge hotel room bed, finally empty from tears. The show was over hours ago but I just couldn't drive home. He spent a long time after the show telling me how he was leaving his wife and I told him everything I had been going thru- which ended in us having a pretty handsy makeout session. Now I was in his bed- just being held by him.

"I'm in bed- with another man. I don't wanna get married." I muttered and he nodded, kissing my forehead.

"You trust me D?" He asked and I nodded.

"You gotta ask yourself... is this man worth it? Do you love him enough to do the domestic thing? Do you want to be a mom again? What do you want?"

"I do. Cor I love him so much but....." I sighed, looking at him as he nodded, kissing my forehead, completely understanding.

"We have the worst timing D...." He sighed, holding me a little tighter. "You gotta see this thru. He deserves it. You deserve it." He poked my belly gently and chuckled. "So does your little ass kicker."

"I know I wasn't..... I mean I was.... but..... I am going to..... see it thru. He's so good to me. I'm happy."

"And if you ever aren't.... I'm here." He shrugged. "You need a ride home?"

"No. I called Norm earlier when we got here. Andy is riding up with him so Norm can drive my car. I'm not...." I choked out, a tear falling down my cheek. "Why didn't he call me?"

"D.... we will literally never know."

***********************************

Norm was silent almost the entire drive home. He seemed deep in thought and as much as I wanted to push the issue I was too drained to care. When we pulled in and parked he went right inside and I sighed, wishing he would just talk to me. Maybe I should of asked him. Maybe I should of pushed. Too late now.

I went inside, feeding Eye and putting a blanket over Ming who was passed out on the sofa. I went upstairs and got a shower, rubbing my belly to try and get her moving now so I could sleep but she could not be stirred.

She was gonna keep me up all damn night.
Again.

I threw on panties and a tank top, towel drying my hair and getting into bed- putting my phone on charge and turning off the light. Today was a bad day- and my brain was whirling from the incredibly long day. Thinking of Chester I wanted to cry but I breathed thru it- taking comfort that he wasn't suffering anymore.

Maybe that was easier.