Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Stop

Norm was already out of bed when I got up at five thirty to head into work. Ming was sitting in the living room half asleep eating cereal and playing on his phone, giving me a quick smile when I came downstairs.

"Where's your dad?" I asked and he shrugged. "Alright. Let's head in. I'm sure he will be on set." He nodded, cleaning up his dishes and following me to my car.

On set Norm was nowhere to be seen and neither was his bike that was missing from the driveway. I got to work, Mingus hanging out on set with the cast that had watch him grow up. I knew while we were here I didn't have to watch him so close- everyone would help. It made me hopeful for Ella's future.

By dusk we had wrapped for the day. Mingus let me know he was heading back to the city in tomorrow- his mom needed him home for some things. He was worried about leaving me and not being around to watch me become waddle size but I promised to send him pictures. Still no sign of Norm but I shrugged it off- taking Ming to get pizza and heading back home- watched a movie and went to bed. I tried calling him a dozen times throughout the day but got voicemail so I gave up.

Apparently this is what we do to each other.

By morning when he still wasn't home I was starting to worry. I grabbed my phone and called Andy, who was way too chipper for my liking.

"Hello beautiful lady!"

"Andy. Where's Norman?" I asked impatiently, hoping for a quick response.

"Who?" He asked innocently, and now im ready to kill him.

"Ya know... my baby daddy. Mingus Reedus daddy. Who needs to catch a flight at noon. Is Norman coming to get his son?"

"Ohhhh. Thattttt Normannnnnn.." he chuckled, then muffled silence for several seconds. "Umm.... I'll come get Ming. From set. Norman isnt.... uhh.... Norman cant....."

"Can't what?!" I replied angrily.

"He's still really drunk Dani. He needs Ming to go home before he can see you."

"Wharever Andy. I'll have Ming with me on set. And tell Norm i'll be... you know what? If he can't talk to me he doesn't get to know where I am."

I hung up, so angry I could rip the skin from his bones. He had no right to send Ming home because he was mad at me. It wasn't fair. I got dressed quickly, stopping at Ming's room to let him know to pack but he was already done and waiting on me. He didn't say much on the way to set- he seemed angry. Not the kid he was the night before. I pulled up, looking over at Ming and sighing as he glared at me.

"Common, spit it out. Why are you angry with me?" I asked and he shook his head. "Ming... come on. Talk to me."

"You cheated on my dad. Is the baby even his?" He spat, his face red with anger.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I asked in pure shock. "Where the hell is that coming from?"

"My dad and I had a heart to heart talk when you went to sleep. He told me everything."

"Umm... what did he tell you exactly?" I asked, my blood boiling. He told his son I cheated on him? He was home? A million thoughts were racing in my head.

"That you screwed the guy from slipknot and you saw him back at that show in New York so the baby is probably his. Not my dads. You are playing games with him. You're a whore!" He yelled, getting out of the car and slamming the door. Storming away with his bag in his hand.

I sat there in stunned silence, a single tear falling down my cheek as I watched the kid i considered my own flip me off before entering his dads trailer and slamming the door. I jumped out of the car- ready to do... something. I didn't know. I couldn't thing. I was so hurt, so sad, so mad. How dare that little....

"Woah. Woah." Jeff grabbed me my my arms, stopping me in my tracks. "Slow it down. What is going on?"

"He called.... he.... he.... he called me a whore!" I managed to choke out before breaking down, tears soaking his shirt as he held me close, dismissing Lauren and Greg as they tried to approach. Jeff had been spending tons of time with Norm since he started working here and had been around me and Ming too.

"He did what?" He asked angrily, rubbing my back.

"He did. Her car windows were down me and Melissa both heard him yell it. She went to find his dad."

"Common... let's go sit in my car. Talk to me. Don't go after him right now okay?" He asked and I nodded. My heart ached. I couldn't believe.... I just..... I hurt so badly.

*********************************************

It was noon when Andy pulled up with Norm, sunglasses on his eyes- hat pulled over his head. I had just finished working for the day- barely able to do a dozen people. I was not feeling like myself- my whole body was so sore and my brain was so foggy. Greg gave me hell for working but I needed something to keep my mind busy. Everyone had tried getting ahold of Norm but he just wasn't talking.

"Get the fuck out of the car!" Jeff roared, smacking the hood of Andys car. He shook his head, causing Jeff to hit it again.

"What do you want?" Norm roared back as he got out- both men inches from each other's face- the testosterone thick in the air as the both stood there glaring at one another. Andy came up, hand on Ming's shoulder, frowning at the sight before him.

"Do you know what he said to your fiancee? Do you know what happened here this morning?!" Jeff yelled, pointing at Ming who immediately looked over at me with wide eyes. I was caught, mid-step to my car.... not knowing what to say and wishing I had kept working. Norm looked at Ming carefully, studying his face before shaking his head.

"Come on guys... can we just...." Andy spoke up, trying to intervene.

"He called Dani a whore." Jeff blurted out- shoving Norms chest causing him to stumble backwards a bit. "That shit is not okay."

"If it quacks like a duck...." Norm muttered, glaring at me behind those dark sunglasses. I could feel the hate as he looked at me.

"I don't fucking deserve this." I spoke, glaring right back at the man I love- hating the position I was in. "I'm leaving. I'm over it."

"Oh no. Don't leave. We are just getting started." Jeff barked, shoving Norman again. "You're gonna stand there hurling accusations at the woman you love when you cheated on her just a few months ago? What the fuck is wrong with you man?!" He shouted, Andys jaw dropping as Ming shook his hand loose, throwing his bag down.

"You..... did.... what?" Ming asked, his eyes wide as he looked at his dad with such hurt I desperately wanted to stop it but couldn't. My chest was pounding so fast I felt like it would explode. I had to do something....

"Ming. It's different for guys.." Andy tried as he took off, running back to the trailer and slamming the door.

"What the fuck did you do?!" Norm yelled, shoving Jeff hard, kicking him back into Andy. "What the fuck did you do?!"

I walked closer, trying to get in between them but Norm didn't care, pushing me aside easily with his strong arms and swinging at Jeff, hitting Andy in the jaw.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I yelled, causing them all to look at me with suprise. "I fucking loved you. Im carrying your baby. And this is how you treat me? Your kid? Both your kids?!" I knew people were looking but I didnt care as I shoved Norman- again and again, tears burning my eyes as I punched him in the chest. "How dare you ruin my relationship with your son!" I cried, wiping my face with my arm as I stood there, Greg pulling me back from him. My stomach hurt worse as I cried- seeing black dots dancing as my body tingled and I closed my eyes.....

Wishing it would all go away.