Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Sanity

"The world was on fire- no one could save me but you. Strange what desire could make foolish people do.."

I sang along with the my phone as I made breakfast- enjoying Corey's cover of Wicked Game and smirking to myself. This was our song. It was the thing we had we could always go to when things got hard.... when we needed each other and couldn't.....

"But I don't wanna fall in love- with you." Norm chimed in singing along as he wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my cheek.

"I thought you didn't sing?" I asked, flipping the pancakes in the pan.

"Nah. I don't." He replied, kissing my cheek again. "You didn't hear shit." He went to the coffee pot, pouring us each a cup and sitting down at the island- doing his morning phone check.

I turned the music down on my phone, sliding our plates over and sitting down beside him, kissing his lips for the first time. We ate in comfortable silence, stealing glances at each other. Norm took the whip cream can, opening his mouth and filling it with the sugar as I shook my head.

"Wua.." he asked as I chuckled. "Kus ma" He declared, sloppily kissing my cheek, getting whipped cream all over my face and hair.

"Norman!" I shrieked, jumping up as he laughed. "You're so dead!" I grabbed the canister, squirting it on him as he laughed, running over to the fridge and grabbing the unopened can, spraying it at me, hitting me on the arm, chest and face.

"Got you!" He yelled excitedly as I tried to spray him but nothing came out. We both looked at the syrup as he shook his head, reaching for it but I was quicker. I snatched it off the counter and smirked as I opened it. "Don't. You. DARE!" He said sternly and I slowly began placing it back down on the surface and watched the relief wash over his face.

"Sike!" I yelled, popping the top and squirting it at him- watching as it covered his bare chest, face and hair. He frowned as it hit him, squirting the rest of the cream all over me.

"Truce! Truce!" He called out as we both laughed, putting down our weapons at the same time. I approached him, throwing my hair back and wrapping my arms around him- getting covered in syrup when he lifted me up, my legs around his waist as we kissed.

It was a perfect moment.

Knock Knock Knock

The sound pulled us from our kiss and Norm shrugged, letting me down and answering the door. I grabbed a towel off the oven door and began the task of cleaning myself off. I looked up to see Norm frowning- letting a woman into the house. A very pregnant woman.

"Hey Norm.... umm... did I come at a bad time?" She asked as she saw me- standing in a bra and panties covered in sugar.

"No we were just..... uhh.... Dani this is Diane. Diane this is my fiancee Danielle." He awkwardly introduced us as we all stood, looking at each other.

"Can we talk?" She asked, looking at him and he looked at her stomach, hand nervously on his face.

"Uh... yeah. Lemme grab a shower first. You can.... wait in there." He pointed to the living room.

"No. Wait. I'll be brief...." she started then looked over at me. I felt nauseous as I watched Norman stare at her stomach.

"You two talk. Im gonna shower." I said gently, Norm looking guilty as he looked at me as I passed.

"I'll be right up baby." He told me, reaching out and squeezing my hand as I passed.

***************************************************

Norman's P.O.V

"You're......" I gestured to her stomach and she nodded.

"Pregnant. Yeah. Almost seven months." She shrugged, studying my face. "It's a girl."

"And your here because....." I asked, feeling the syrup running down my back and trying to bypass the feeling of guilt and nausea creeping into my throat.

Don't say it.
Don't say it.

I pleaded in my head. Begging it not to be true. If she says it.... I will lose Danielle forever.

"I thought her father might want to be involved in her life. I hoped I would come here and we could plan for the future. Move in together? Try to have a relationship. I don't wanna be some woman raising your kid. If your involved we are going to make a go if it. Or I will do this without you." She spoke so calmly but I couldn't hear it. I couldn't breathe.

I rushed to the trash can and threw up- wanting last weekend back when Dani moved back in... ming and my mom visited... our family stronger than ever. Wanting late night shoots and sex in my trailer, pizza for breakfast and long warm baths with her laying against me. I wanted sing-a-longs and whipped cream fights. She was proposing I chose between a girl I love and a daughter I desperately wanted.

The choice was obvious.
But I didn't want to make it.

I was lost.

"I am gonna go. I'm staying at the Marriott. Room 126. I'll be there till tomorrow night. I need an answer. Okay?" She asked, leaving without me acknowledging her.

************************************************

Danielle's P.O.V

Norm got in the shower, jeans and all, with tears in his eyes as he wrapped his arms around me. I knew, in that moment- exactly whose baby it was. And, furthermore, I knew the man that Norman was- he was going to raise his child. I don't know if I could still love him if he didn't do whatever he had to.... to be in his child's life. He sobbed as I held him- both of us knowing what this meant. This fairy tale was over. We went thru hell together since we met and now.... now I had to be the adult. I had to let him know it was okay to walk away.

We didn't talk as we held each other, the warm water washing away our sins as he held on to each other tightly. Our lips crashing against each other, our hands roaming, our bodies desperate for one another. We made love repeatedly until we couldn't move- in the shower, bathroom sink, bedroom floor, wall.... finally in bed, slow and sensually- making every moment count.

Every last moment.

Finally, we pulled ourselves away from one another- lighting cigarettes and sitting up, looking at each other. He didn't have to tell me a thing. I knew it was over.

"I'll move out tomorrow."

"You don't have to leave. This is your house too." He said and I shook my head.

"Norm. I can't work here. I can't live here. I can never see you again. It would be torture. I won't be able to breathe."

"But I..... I'm in love with you." He pleaded and I nodded.

"Do you really think you can see me everyday?" I asked and he shook his head. "So I gotta go."

"Where?" He asked and I shrugged. "Can we just.... can we just spend this night together? Please? Please don't..... I'm not ready..."

I nodded as I laid down beside him, laying my head on his chest and listening to his heart race for the last time.