Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Can You Just..... Stay?

I hugged Mingus tightly as I stood in the terminal, kissing his cheek as he smiled. It had been nearly four years since I had seen him in person but we video chatted at least once a month.

"I'm so happy to see you!" He exclaimed and I smiled, hugging him again. "You ready to go?" I nodded, following him out to catch a cab.

We made small talk as we rode to Helenas where we were having lunch, him knowing me well enough to not dive into anything too quickly. There was just... so much. I didn't even know where to begin.

Helena greeted me warmly, handing me a much needed glass of wine soon as I sat down. Ming stayed around for a while before heading out to see a friend for lunch- promising to be back in an hour.

"Ok. Dish. What happened?" She asked me and I chuckled, lighting a cigarette, a habit I hadn't done for years before recently.

"He's in love. With Alicia." I sighed. "We dated for a year, engaged for a year, separated for a year and dating again for a year. It's been rough."

"So.... you're single?" She asked and I laughed.

"I told you.... I just date men till they find their forever homes."

"So now what?"

"Imma go stay at a friend's place. They are in LA. I still have a key so...."

She smirked, shaking her head at me. "Norm know your heading to his house?"

"Who said it was Norm?" I asked in mock suprise and she laughed.

"You wanna know what's going on with him?" I shook my head, avoiding her eyes as I thought about him, wishing I could stop. "Where does this leave you and Corey?"

"Mmm.... I wish I knew. We are exploring other avenues. It's been Alicia, Corey and I for so long. I just.... I'm forty. Shouldn't I know what I want by now?"

"You take the job?"

"God. Norm told you about that?"

"He told Ming. Head of Makeup Department huh?"

"Yup." I scoffed. "Greg and I have been talking about it for weeks. I just..... I dunno."

"Have you seen him?"

"Since Comic-Con of season six? On rare occasion when Greg summons me to set. I've been consulting virtually all these years."

"But your talking?" She pushed and I smirked, nodding slightly while taking a long drink.

"On occasion.... umm.. email. Text."

"And now your going to his house?"

"Mmmhmm..." I smirked, looking at my phone briefly as it lit up. "I gotta go actually."

"Ok well... I'm here. If you need anything..." she told me as i stood, pulling me in for a hug. She had proven herself a good friend over the years. Then again, right now, I needed to go.

I took a cab to Chinatown, paying the driver and thanking him as I got out of the car. I was nervous, but I held it together as I walked up the steps and used my key to let myself into Norms place, locking the door behind me. I dropped my purse on the counter and fished out my cigarettes, going out on the patio and lighting one, sitting down on the lounge chair and enjoying the chill of the late December breeze.

"I didn't hear you come in." Norm said from the doorway. I looked over to him, biting my lower lip as I studied him, severely enjoying the sight of his shirtless body before me.

"Just got here. Ended up staying at Helenas for a while."

"She know your here?" He asked and I nodded, watching him shrug. "You tell Corey?"

"We broke up. For good this time..... I think." I sighed, taking another long drag of my cigarette before throwing it into a beer bottle on the table, a symbolic graveyard of his time with no female around. Diane would never have let the bottles sit here for long.... or allow him to drink beer. I looked back up at him, not knowing what move to make. I was nervous and felt completely out of character.

"Come inside. You're shivering." He said softly, holding his hand out for me to take. Sighing, I nodded, gently putting my fingers in his and allowing him to lead me inside. Soon as the door shut my leather jacket was on the floor and his arms were wrapped around me tightly. I wrapped mine around his stomach and held him close as he kissed my forehead. "I missed you." He mumbled, kissing my temple.

"We talked all morning." I smirked, leaning up and kissing his lips briefly. He didn't kiss like Corey. This was different. We were different. "But honestly, I missed you too."

"Diane isn't thrilled about this." He told me with a sigh, letting me go and walking into the living room, my hand in his as we sat together on the loveseat. "I swore to keep this on the down low. She doesn't want her reputation tarnished."

"Isn't the point of this weekend alone to figure out what we are doing? We put each other thru enough torment don't you agree?"

"We have also been talking on the phone all night for the last nine months. I think we know everything there is to know about each other. I love you."

I reached over and put my fingers on his jaw, kissing his lips again, longer this time. "I love you too. But we were smart to take things slow."

"Like... you want the guest room slow or...."

"Shut up." I laughed, shaking my head.

******************************************

"Hey Cor." I sighed into the phone as I answered it, getting out of bed without disturbing Norm and heading downstairs to go smoke. "I forgot how fucking cold it is in New York."

"Its like eighty here babe. Alicia is napping in the pool."

"Yeah yeah yeah....." i laughed, wrapping a thick blanket around me and heading outside to smoke.

"So, how is it? You happy?"

"It is so good Cor. I love him so much. Like.... sooo much. I missed this apartment... his touch..."

"Its gonna hurt. I am gonna be here but you need to hear that this path is going to hurt. A lot. Breaking up a marriage? He will blame you if he loses his daughter. Are you sure you don't wanna come home? It's not too late babe."

"I know Cor. I umm......" I sighed, thinking of what I was giving up by taking this path. "Don't let me come back. Make me commit. Don't let me run...."

"I will always let you come home so shut up. But go see it thru. Take the job and tell that hot headed Neanderthal to treat you right this time around."

"I dunno what is going to happen. But thanks Cor."

"Anytime."

Back inside Norm was waiting- his eyebrow raised at my presence before him yet again.

"I thought you left. I uhh..."

"I'm not running. Tell Greg I'll take the job."

"Season 10. You're all in?"

"With you. With the job. With all of it." I told him quietly, watching a smirk go across his face. "I'm staying at Melissa's though. Not ready to play house with you just yet."

"Whatever you want. Thank you for taking me back."