Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Smile

The set wrapped for the weekend at nearly two a.m. and I was still ready to work. I had a great first shift and got rave reviews from everyone who came thru heading to their trailers. Norman came in and sat down at my station, watching me pack up the supplies to take to the makeup trailer.

"So what are ya doing after work?" He asked and I shrugged.

"My guess is trying to find a Hampton cause I havent had time to secure housing." I replied and he chuckled.

"Figured you could crash in my guest room kid." Nico said as he walked in and I nodded. A bed was a bed. Trying to sleep without booze however.... problematic as of late.

"You got booze?" I asked and he scoffed.

"Does the pope wear a hat?" Norman replied and everyone chuckled.

"Sandy is sober. My house is dry..." he told me with a frown and I playfully nudged Norman.

"Looks like the pope is hatless..." I joked, causing him to laugh.

A brown haired girl walked into the trailer, approaching me and smiling. "Hey! I'm Lauren I just wanted to come meet you. I play Maggie... as I'm sure you know..."

"Nope. She wouldn't. My good friend Dani here has never watched the show..." Norman replied and Lauren's jaw dropped. "Well.. thats just unacceptable. We need to rectify this right now!" She exclaimed and I chuckled.

"I got booze at my place. Spare rooms and every season thus far..." Norman offered as he looked to me, Nico and Lauren for approval. "Plus im wired from my scenes and Eye is not much company..." he trailed off and I shrugged.

"If you can throw in food i'm there." I told him and Nico sighed.

"I got just the thing. Let me go change. Be right back." He jumped up, flashed me a smile and disappeared.

"I'm actually drained, but you guys have fun. It was great finally meeting you sweetie!" Lauren said, squeezing my arm and disappearing into the night.

"Nico... you really talked me up to people here." I said quietly and he shook his head.

"Not me. Reedus. He told me your Instagram said you were not working. He mentioned you a few seasons ago when I had a staffing issue. You didn't even pick up the phone that time." He stood, patting my shoulder. "You gonna be okay at his house? Want me to come along?"

"He seems nice enough. Im sure I packed my rape whistle so if he tries anything... I'm covered." I quietly joked as Norman came back into the tent, wearing a white shirt, leather jacket and dark jeans. I could smell his cologne from across the room. He smiled gently as he approached us, seeing we were laughing but not knowing the joke.

"Lauren left. Greg... you in?" Norman asked as Nico forced a yawn and shook his head.

"Rain check Norm. But I am very fond of this kid. Don't run this one off too." He said sternly, causing Norman to blush and turn away, shaking his head quickly. "You got your truck today?" Greg asked and Norman nodded. "Imma throw her bags in your bed, come help me."

Thomas and Becca approached me, grabbing the supplies off my station. "Do you need me to show you where these go?" Becca asked and I shook my head.

"I worked with Greg a dozen times. I know his system pretty well." I replied and she nodded, leaving the tent.

"I am looking forward to working with you. We err... we both are." Thomas said, following her out and leaving me alone for the first time in seven hours.

********************************************************

The ride over was almost complete silence, music played on the radio and I sang along quietly to it. Norman barely looked at me and I wrote it off as being tired. Once he put in the code to the gate and got parked however he picked the energy right back up, jogging over to my side and opening my door.

"Come on in hon." He said with a wicked smirk, grabbing my bags and walking up the big stairs to a large front porch and put the key in the door, opening it and turning on the light. "So this is my place. Thats eye-" he pointed to a large black cat who meowed loudly in response "-kitchen is to the right, dining room is straight to right of the stairs, living room is to the left and bathroom is to the left of the stairs before living room...yeah. you get all that?" He asked and I nodded, chuckling. "Beer or whiskey?" He asked and I raised my eyebrow at him. "Why not both. Right. Got it. Make yourself at home." He said quickly, disappearing for a few moments; reappearing with shot glasses, two beers and a bottle of jim bean. I followed him into the living room and sat on the leather sofa, him settling in beside me.

"I love your place...." I said quietly and he nodded. "Thanks for being so welcoming."

"Oh its.... yeah. No problem. He handed me a shot and an open beer, holding the shot up and hitting it back hard in unison with me. He grabbed the remote off the table in front of us and got Netflix going- playing episode one of the walking dead. I paid attention for about three shots, then we found our footing and went out front to smoke. Bottle came along for the ride.

"Shot?" He asked and I nodded, taking it quickly, chasing it with my beer. "Another...?" as I nodded he poured again, smirking at me as we hit it hard.

"So.... its just you in this big house?" I asked and he nodded.

"My son comes sometimes for a weekend or week in the summer... but generally yep. Just me and eye."

"Yeah.... I get it. I live alone too." I offered, feeling the pangs of pain in my chest where my heart used to be. "I hate living alone...." I added, grabbing the bottle and taking a guzzle directly from the source before pouring shots.

"Yeah..... its umm.... not ideal..." he responded, nodding his head as we cranked shot glasses, kicking them back. "Everyone on set.. they go home to someone. I come home... sit on the porch and drink." It was his turn to take a guzzle from the bottle then handed it to me as I lit a cigarette.

"Why did Nico tell you not to run me off?" I asked and he sighed.

"Because.... I had a drunken hookup with the old makeup girl. Next day told her it was a one time thing. Then she saw some tabloid of me with someone else and well...." he took the bottle back- killing it "She tried to kill herself."

"Oh fuck..." I responded. "Thats..... not on you." I whispered.... putting my hand over his for comfort. "Tabloids will say tomorrow that I am sleeping with Nico because I hugged him in the Atlanta Airport. It is their job..."

"Yeah... I get that. I just..... it was shitty of him to bring it up." He retorted and I nodded, putting my cigarette out in my empty beer bottle. "Want another?" He asked and I nodded. We stood and I followed him to the kitchen.

I was feeling the effects of the alcohol and part of me realized the reason I am drawn to him is because he carries the darkness just like me. I wanted to make him feel better, in some way, shape or form. He stood up from the fridge and put the beers on the counter, steadying himself as he stood in front of me.

"Imma hug you now, okay?" I asked and he looked confused, allowed me to close the space between us and pull him tight into me. His hands were on my back and I could feel the electricity wherever he touched me. I knew what I wanted to do... but it was a bad idea. Instead I held onto him for a moment too long, knowing it was getting borderline creepy. When I pulled away he held on, inches from our faces as we locked eyes and I wasn't sure where he was, but I felt it.

"Imma kiss you now, okay?" He asked softly and I nodded, biting my lower lip as our lips met and all of my safeguards were stomped down by my need for closeness to another person who lived in the darkness like I did. The kiss deepened and our hands wandered quickly- the situation started and I wasnt ready to stop it any time soon. We both finally broke apart, panting breathlessly.

"Should we stop?" I asked and he shook his head. "Yeah- I felt it since I laid eyes on you. But will you change your mind when your sober?" I asked, silently kicking myself in case he called it to cease.

"I lowkey follow you on Instagram. Have for years. Your an artist. I have a print of one of your paintings in my bedroom. The soulless monsters?" He offered the name and I nodded. "You being beautiful is just icing on the cake. Wont regret it tomorrow. But we can wait..till we are sober... if you want..." he spoke so quietly, his voice barely above a whisper as his fingertips ran down my waist and across my back.

"Shut up." I retorted, pulling my shirt and sports bra off my body in one swoop to reveal my bare breasts as I pulled him back to me kissing him deeply.