Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Signature

I watched you suffer
A dull aching pain
Now you've decided
To show me the same

No sweeping exit
Or offstage lines
Could make me feel bitter
Or treat you unkind

Wild horses
Couldn't drag me away


Norm smirked as he drove the ten minutes to set, eyes barely on the road as I sang along with the stereo. I admired how attractive he really was. His long brown hair framing his face, the t-shirt he wore that hugged his muscles just right... the jeans that still outlined his..... God he was handsome. I got why the girls swooned after him. He held my hand as the song ended, bring my fingers up to his face, kissing them gently. Its these little acts of affection I was loving the most while being with him. The way he smiled at me, his kiss, his touch.....

We pulled up to the set- pulling me back to reality. Once out of the car Greg hollared hello and beckoned me to him, ten feet away.

"Hey kid!" He exclaimed, pulling me into a side hug. "Reedus." He chuckled, shaking his hand before leading me towards the big building past the trailers. Norm followed us, helping himself to the meeting without prompt. I told him he didn't have to come along but he was excited to show me around town after.

The lawyer was a standard New York type, expensive suit and stiff attitude to match. He went over the contract with me fairly quickly and I had it signed within a half hour.

"You're offically part of the crew now. Welcome to the family!" Gale, the AMC executive, exclaimed as Greg smiled wide.

"I told you I was gonna get you here one day..."

"Yeah yeah yeah....." I waved him off, hopefully before all this confidence went to his head.

I pulled a cigarette out of the pack while I walked outside, suprised to see Andy out there, quietly talking to Norm and making him laugh. I simply smiled, inhaling my smoke and pocketing the lighter, trying not to interrupt.

"Hey! Miss.... Now... I gotta talk to you for a moment." Andy hollered to me and I cautiously walked towards them as Norman mouthed an 'I'm sorry' to me. Oh crap.

"Yes Mr. Lincoln?" I asked politely, since I had never met him personally; just knew him from Norman's stories and season one and two of TWD. "How can I help you today?" I batted my eyes at him as he frowned.

"You see my man's back?" He asked and I couldn't help but chuckle under my breath. He frowned again and I stiffled a laugh.

"Yeah. It's the craziest thing. We were sitting on the front porch and we were both...." I whispered to him while I moved my sleeve up to show the bruises on my wrist... "attacked by a bear."

"A bear..?" He asked with a stern voice and Norm broke out in hysterics as I stood there. I waited till he calmed down before replying.

"It was just.... the damnest thing..." I said innocently and Norm nodded.

"It was Andy. The.... damnest... thing..." he managed to choke out while trying to stop laughing.

"Do you need a shotgun?" Andy asked Norm, putting a hand on his shoulder, a smirk cracking on his lips.

"Noo.... noo.... babe... err... I mean Danielle. We uh.... we like the bear right? I think its the best thing thats happened to me... us.... in a long time." Norm said to me as I nodded.

"I guess.... since your fighting a "bear"" He emphized with hand gestures of quotes; "...with my brother... you can call me Andy. I honestly hate that Mr. Lincoln shit."

"So.... not Rick?" I asked as he shook his head chuckling. Norman throws himself back against the building, holding his side in full hysterics all over again. "Nice to meet you Andy." I finally said, shaking his hand.

"You were right Normy... she's a fucking pistol...." he commented as Norm hugged him goodbye and we walked away, hand in hand.

********************************************************

"Sorry if I put your business out there, telling Andy..." Norm said to me softly as we laid in the bed of his truck naked, wrapped up in a blanket and one another. The stars shined bright above us, shining the grass in the field around us.

"No... no.." I quickly said as I sat up to meet his gaze, my face frowning at him. "It's our business... not just mine." I kissed his lips softly, laying my head back down in the crook of his arm, kissing his chest as I did.

"I didn't know if we were there yet... or if you wanted to be or.... shit... I dunno. You make me happy- it's all that matters to me. It's all I know about it...." He continued, his raspy voice soft as he rubbed my arm that was draped over his stomach.

"I don't know either...." I whispered. "It's been six years since I've been in any sort of relationship. Six years since I've let anyone get close. This....." my voice cracked as I stopped myself, feeling the chill of grief go thru my body. "......six years since...." I felt the tear run down my cheek as I stopped again. I held him close as he quieted me, holding me tightly.

"You don't..... shhhh..." he kissed my head, his arms around me as he kept me close. "Baby..... shh....."

"I'm letting you in. It feels right and I'm only mostly terrified. I'm damaged. I don't want to hurt you...." I exclaimed as I sat upright quickly, looking into his eyes as he held my hand. "I can't promise I won't. Just know I'm sorry and I don't want to. I really don't want to. .."

Tears ran freely down my cheeks as I stared at him, his own eyes watering as I pleaded with his soul. I wanted him to hear me. I wanted him to understand. I wanted him to see me. All of me.

"I don't......" he sighed as he bit his lip. "I don't get involved. I don't... I'm not a relationship guy. I don't know what I'm doing either babe. But...." he paused, smiling at me as he scooted close to my face, kissing my lips and rubbing away a tear with his rough thumb. ".. I promise you I'll do everything in my power to figure it out with you. You feel worth it to me."

"You think so...?" I asked, smiling at him as he nodded.

"Only problem is...... you're leaking...." he smirked, wiping away more tears as he kissed my forehead, pulling me into a hug as I held him tightly, listening to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat.