Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Lazy Day

My phone began ringing at ten in the morning and every thirty seconds after till I woke up, silently cursing whoever was on the other end. Norm groaned beside me, tossing a pillow in the general direction of the noise and pulling me closer to him. We crashed in his bed around dawn- spending all night enjoying each other's bodies for the third night in a row.

"I gotta get up to shut it off. Its plugged up in the bathroom..." I complained, feeling how sore my body was as I attempted to move.

"I'll grab it. I gotta pee anyway..." Norm told me, getting up out of bed slowly, pulling on some boxers as he made his way to the dark room. The phone began ringing again as he turned the light on. "It says Demon Bitch. You want this?" He asked and I nodded, holding out my hands to catch it as he tossed it my way.

"Yeah?" I asked into the phone as my mom shrieked for a few moments before disconnecting the call. I rolled my eyes at the silence for a moment, laying the phone on the end table and standing up slow to fix my screaming bladder.

"Who was that?" He asked as we passed each other in the doorway.

"My mom. Apparently she does not approve of my career change or something. She is pissed I left New York." I shrugged. "I'll call her back once I'm more awake."

"Ok. Imma start some coffee. You hungry?" He asked and I nodded, kissing his lips as we separated for a few minutes, leaving me to think.

Once showered and dressed I made my way downstairs, only to be greeted by Andy and Lauren, sitting on the barstools talking to Norman as he made pancakes and sausage, cigarette smoking itself hanging out of the corner of his mouth.

"Hey guys! Whats up?" I asked and they both flashed me a smile.

"Well.... Andy and I were gonna go for a run but its pouring so I mentioned coming here to watch season five with you today. Im dying to see your reactions!" Laura told me warmly as Andy sat beside her, eyebrow raised and a smirk on his face. I guess he was wondering how we would behave with an audience. "You are on season five by now right?" She asked as Norm laughed loudly- his back to all of us.

"What else would she of been doing Laur?!" Andy asked loudly as Norm glanced at me, his face beet red. "I bet I can guess her favorite character even!" He boasted as I looked at my phone, faking a call and stepping outside to the covered porch to smoke.

You bitch! I'm cooking for you! Norman texted me as I laughed loudly, shaking my head.

I see your embarrassing friend and I raise you with my mother. I replied, lighting my cigarette and sitting down.

Carry on. I got him. You win.

I dialed my moms number and breathed deeply, cringing as she picked up.

"Danielle Mae!" She shrieked. "Why didn't you tell me you moved to Georgia?! What about your music career? What about your friends? Your condo!"

"I took a makeup job with the Walking Dead. Its six months. I need to breathe mom. After Kailee... I just. I'm doing good. How did you even find out?" I asked and she chuckled.

"TMZ of course. There's a picture of you with a guy at the airport. I googled him and figured it out."

"Well.... I'm fine. Thanks for calling." I muttered, hanging up on her and opening Instagram. I found the picture of Norms fingertips on my stomach I took last night and posted it with the caption He helps me feel like i can be okay again. Smiling as I posted it, knowing he wouldn't mind. My fans would spend weeks trying to crack the case.

Throwing my cigarette into the yard I went back inside to see the three of them sitting in the living room- Andy on the loveseat and Lauren in the recliner.

"There you are! I got your food and coffee right here!" Norm said excitedly, scooting over so I could join him on the sofa. "How's your mom?" He asked and I chuckled, sipping my coffee before answering.

"TMZ posted me at the airport with Greg. Tried to infer I guess but she figured out it was work. She wants me back to work touring... I really just wanna do this. I'm tired of being in the spotlight." I told him as he nodded, briefly rubbing my back.

"Wait. Call me dumb but why does TMZ care what your doing? You were in a band?" Lauren asked and I nodded.

"A few actually. But they only care because of my parents. They're famous so.... " I rolled my eyes- taking a bite of food. Lauren just stared at me as Norm and I had a silent conversation with our eyes. I figured he knew this information but we hadn't discussed it yet.

"Her dad is Kurt Cobain." Andy said quickly, holding up his phone. "I just googled ya." He added, looking slightly embarrassed as he spoke. "Shit. Im sorry.... I.... shit." He muttered.

"It's okay." I responded. "It's fine.... really." We all ate silently, Norms hand on my back as we did.

*******************************************************

"You're shitting me!" I exclaimed loudly, drinking a guzzle of the beer in my hand as the credits rolled. "Tell me what happens!"

"You're gonna have to wait and see!" Andy teased, standing up and throwing the empty wing containers in the trash. It was nearly two in morning as we finished season five. Norm was laid out on the sofa, his head on my lap. Lauren went home hours ago but Andy stuck around.

"Shit you don't know any more than I do!" I shot back and both men laughed.

"No spoilers babe." Norm scolded me as he sat up. "Imma run him home. You cool here?" He asked as I nodded, kissing his lips and ignoring the gagging sound from Andy as he stepped outside laughing hysterically. "I think today went great. He loves you."

"Well I love him. Think he will leave his wife?"

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny..." he muttered, grabbing my throat tightly for a few seconds. "That what you really want?" He demanded and I shook my head as best I could, feeling his grip loosen.

"I want you.." I moaned in his ear, running the tip of my tounge on his ear lobe and down his neck, playfully biting his skin. "Hurry back." I pleaded as he kissed me once more, winking as he looked back at me, crossing the threshold to the outside world.

I cleaned up the living room and kitchen, fed the cat and smoked a cigarette before heading upstairs to get ready for bed. I washed my face and brushed my teeth and hair, pampering myself with good hygiene habits I hadn't utilized in ages before I met this man. I crawled into bed wearing just my red lace bra and matching panties, hoping he would enjoy the present when he came home.

Impatient for his return I went thru the notifications on my phone, answering a few text messages and scrolling thru social media for a while. I took the initiative to follow Norm, Andy and Lauren on Instagram, scrolling thru Norms feed. I paused at a picture he shared two years ago that he tagged me in- a black and white photo of my artwork up on his bedroom wall with the caption My new favorite peice. This is next level below. I smiled as I looked up, enjoying its display above the television. It's a painting I did of a person sawing away at their own leg on a hospital floor- with limbs and chunks of their body already sawed away. The hospital bed beside them a dying child with rotten peices of flesh sewn onto them. Its grotesque but it was my life. I own it.... accept it... and don't talk about it.

Suddenly, I was sad. Sighing I pulled the uncomfortable bra off my body, grabbing his shirt from last night off the floor and pulling it over my skin. My body shook as I cocooned under the covers, petting eye who laid beside me. The tears started and burned my eyes as I cried myself to sleep.