Status: In Progress

The Silence That Surrounds *New Version*

Chapter 3

Sophia stared at herself in the mirror; completely expressionless. This day should have been the best day of her life, but all she could feel was a heaviness. Her heart beat in slow rhythm, waiting patiently for the doorbell to ring.

Looking into the eyes of her reflection, it was no surprise her blushing bride appearance was overshadowed. Her leather dress hung tight to her curves, highlighting every dip in the fabric. Her breasts were especially noticeable.

Sighing again, Sophia wondered if she could pass her driver a few notes to go pick her brother up and help the two siblings run away. Of course, that was only a dream. Her father made sure he knew where his daughter was at all times, thanks to a tracker placed surgically inside her. It was done under general anesthesia when she had her tonsils taken out at four. It was located directly below the skin, under her left breast.

"Protection my arse." She touched her chest, pulling at her short hem. She looked like she was about to go to the local street corner; not a wedding. To make things worse, Wellington had sent a bdsm gag to her door late last night with a perverse note; his idea of a joke evidently. She simply threw it away and chose to bid her night with pizza and a movie.

Her deep cerulean blues eyed the door in the hall when a shadow fell across the mansion's privacy window.

Racking her fingers through her red curls, she turned, her heels clip-clopping over hardwood, her hand yanking open the door, right as the bell rang.

Louis stood there, unexpressive; although his cerulean eyes certainly took in the sight that befell. His left lip muscle twitched, providing a wordless reaction. He stepped back when Sophia stepped out, slamming the door.

"Louis Craig?" Sophia asked, looking over the man that would be driving her. Something seemed off; like the fact that this guy didn't look around her age. He looked closer to thirty, maybe a few years younger. His eyes were blue, not green and he didn't have sandy brown hair. His was more of a dust-brown, styled into something from the 1950's.

Louis smiled effortlessly. He was good at making those feel at ease, especially before he crippled them beyond recognition. Not that he planned to hurt the girl; just simply follow Harry's orders.

"I'd hope so. You must be Ms. Stone I presume? Or are you her lady in waiting?" Louis winked, taking Sophia's hand and bringing it to his lips.

She pulled her hand away, an uneasy feeling settling into the pit of her stomach.

"I'm she," Sophia confirmed, clearing her throat. "Listen? I need to take a look at your id, just to check and make sure everything is in order. Al said you were my age – clearly this is not the case." Her stare narrowed. "He as well mentioned green eyes, not blue."

Louis let his teeth show, widening his smile. To anyone, that would have been charming. To Sophia Stone; it was damn well suspicious.

"I've cerulean eyes, luv. My father always insists that they're green. I've argued just the same for my own sanity, but bloody hell; if the missus wants my credentials, whom I to argue?" Louis replied with sarcastic valor, taking out his phone and dialing a contact.

He pressed it on speaker, handing it to Sophia. It rang twice, picking up on the third try.

"Dash it all, Louis! I'm in the middle of a prostate checkup. What in God's name is it? Did you run into problems already?" Al came on, ranting full flood. Louis chuckled, gesturing for his employer to speak.

"Al, it's Sophia. He's here; but I'm afraid there might be a mix up. You said he was my age? He looks closer to thirty. He also has blue – "Louis rolled his eyes, interrupting.

"Cerulean, darlin'." He corrected coolly, clearing his throat.

Sophia's lip twitched up silently. "Cerulean, but they look dark blue. Not at all green?" She looked to make sure her imagination was processing it right.

Al hesitated; a small pained groan leaving his lips.

"His eyes are cerulean if he says they are. That boy can drive a nun to drink! Go, get married and have a lovely honeymoon. I heard from your father that you're going to Florida? Pack plenty of sunscreen and enjoy Universal, Disney and the beaches. Go, don't worry about my idiot son. He's harmless. Louis? You snog the dog on this and we're going to tangle." Al warned, making Sophia feel instant ease. She even let out a laugh.

Louis wasn't so amused, but answered respectively.

"Will do, father." Louis replied monotonously, taking his phone from Sophia and ending the call. He smirked, gesturing toward her awaiting limo. "Your chariot awaits, my lady."

Sophia didn't budge, she still wanted to see ID. Al was a trusted driver, but she always followed her intuition and it was telling her that something didn't add up.

"Not until you show me your ID, mate. I need to know –"

Sophia never got to finish; she didn't even see Louis' fist come at her. One moment, she was holding her hand out for his ID and then the next; all she saw was complete darkness. The ground fell far away, like she was flightless and soaring through the open skies. Maybe that's what death felt like? God only knew, but at least Sophia could say that in her experience, being punched unconscious was virtually painless. Waking up however, wouldn't grant her the same mercy.

*

Sea levels rose and dropped serenely. Sophia felt like she was on a boat, rocking over large waves. That wasn't right, because she heard a distinct motor and the seat behind her was soft as leather. Like the interior of her limo.

Groaning, she felt a sharp pain above her right temple; no doubt where her driver struck.

"Welcome back, missy! Sorry about the knock; although, I do understand why your boyfriend lets his frustrations out on yer pretty face. You are appropriate annoying. Too smart and that's usually a dangerous combo." Louis observed, eyeing her off through the rearview mirror.

Sophia's hand made its way to her eyes.

"Where are you taking me? Surely, not the alter, if's that safe to assume?" She guessed, her voice holding a calm demeanor for what was happening. Louis remained silent for a moment, observing her outfit.

"Assumed correct, my luv. Although, are we sure you weren't hitting it up at the local corner? You look like a whore. A beautiful one, but a slag all the same." Louis quipped his brow up curiously, taking his eyes off her to turn a corner. They were almost at the designated meeting place Harry picked.

"No," Sophia pursed her lips, rubbing her eyes to ease them. "Wellington's idea." She dismissed, automatically changing subjects. "Listen? I'm asking you respectively to pull over. My father will kill me if I don't show up."

Louis detected a little panic in her throat. A compelling plea if he had been anyone else.

"No can do, luvvy. You're scheduled to meet my boss. Putting a ring on it can wait." He responded, turning another corner; parking next to a white van.

Sophia saw where she was and tensed. She knew she had one shot at getting out of this alive; she'd be damned if she wasn't going to take it.

"Your boss can schedule a meeting with me after the wedding. I really must be going," Sophia responded sarcastically, her blue eyes holding strong, glaring at Louis straight through the rearview mirror.

He let out a lighthearted chuckle; clearly not taking Sophia seriously.

"Lovely? That's not how this works." Louis turned to the van door opening, observing his boss approaching.

"Your name isn't even Louis, I bet. You're just another liar, like everyone else." Sophia seethed, lunging at her door, trying to unlock it. Louis didn't bother to stop her; he had already childproofed any attempt at escape.

"The surname I gave ya is false; even fooled the old man on the phone. However, first name is accurate. So, yes luv, my real name is Louis." He replied distracted, lifting up the divider, opening his door, getting out and meeting Harry on the left passenger side. He lifted up a syringe, complete with handcuffs. Sophia swallowed, readying herself to kick their arse.

Louis shook his head, noticing their captive forming a defense position. She slammed her fist against the window and let out a yell. Harry watched her unphased. He's taken down women stronger than her with little problem. His concern wasn't on Sophia, but rather where they were located. It wasn't completely deserted, they needed to be smart, they needed to be quick – hell, they really just needed to get the f out of there.

"Soooo, who gets to go in first to face the redheaded demon bitch from the tenth circle?" Louis asked, seeing Sophia try to open her door; most likely to make a run for it. She flipped him off angrily, slamming her hand against the pane.

"Screw you! LET ME GO!" She commanded, glaring with all the fires of Hell. Her blue orbs were almost completely black, she was pissed.

Harry didn't hesitate with his reply; crossing his arms calmly, simply standing there observing her reaction. It was quite...aggressive. He'd need to take extra precautions with that one.

"You. I'm going to need to hold her down, you need to secure her arms above so I can jab her. After we get her secured into the van, I'll put some chloroform on a rag, let her breath some in to keep her out longer. These shots are good for an hour; two at most."

Louis snorted.

"Well, we could call an exorcist to calm her down – doubt that would work on a redhead though, mate." Louis smirked, loving the fact that she was staring him down with vigor.

"YOU'RE BOTH DEAD! YOU HEAR ME! WHEN I GET OUT OF HERE, I'M GOING TO NEUTER BOTH OF YOU!" She screamed, jerking the car handle every which way. Louis shook his head, amusement lighting his cerulean eyes.

"All of England heard you, luv. Sheesh, you are a spicy little minx. Calm down! We haven't even done anything yet." Louis tried, hoping she would realize resistance is futile. Her father pissed off Master Styles; a mistake someone only makes once.

"Kiss my arse!" Sophia replied, feeling around for something she could use as a weapon. Her phone had been left behind when she was taken.

Harry reacted swiftly, opening her door and making a leap right for her. Louis followed in, catching her flailing arms, both taking her to the ground of the limo without hesitation.

Sophia flailed, screaming to the heavens for help, but Harry was easily able to straddle her half naked body, the leather wedding dress riding up her thighs. This was highly inappropriate, but at the moment, modesty was not her top priority.

"Cover her mouth, damn it!" Harry ordered, capturing her body beneath his, bringing his thighs together to slow her struggle. Louis captured her wrists, forcing them above her head.

"HELP ME! I'M BEING ABDUC – MMFHNM!" Louis cut her voice off with his hand, seeing Harry take the set of cuffs he had and swiftly lock her wrist together. It would be much easier to hold both of them down. Louis took hold of the chain, forcing her arms back to the floor.

"We need to hurry! Zayn? Start the engine." Harry ordered, talking to their other counterpart through an open communications ear piece.

Louis watched Harry uncap the syringe he held, seeing Sophia's flailing legs moved frantically about, trying someway to buck him away. She even tried to twist, hoping to slide from the larger male.

"It's alright! Calm down!" Harry ordered, readying a sedative, bringing down toward her neck. He paused a moment, looking at her deep black soul-windows; unnerved to say the least. They were normally an ocean blue, but she looked as possessed.

He gently pressed the needle into her neck, forcing the plunger down to release the sedative. It took a minute, but eventually her struggles slowed, stopping completely a moment later.

The van's engine roared to life, letting both men know that they needed to leave. So, without any more hesitations, Louis and Harry got out; Harry carrying Sophia to their van.

"Go!" Harry ordered jumping in with Louis, slamming the backdoor shut. As soon as it clicked, the van peeled away, successfully completing its operation.